ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_lcap20%logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_lcap19%logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_lcap18%logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_lcap10%logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_lcap20%logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_lcap3%logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_lcap4%logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_lcap3%logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_lcap0%logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_lcaplogan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Voting_barlogan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_lcaplogan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Voting_barlogan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
diesel gear Plug pump Starting belt petrol sensor coolant sound logan verito fuel light front alternator boot filter axle engine clutch radiator BRAKE price suspension manual
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the.numerator
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
the.numerator

Male
Number of posts : 15
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : 1.6 GLS 2007
ClubLogan Points : 19
Registration date : 2013-07-08

logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Empty
PostSubject: Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS   logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Hi Loganisers,

I am new to the family as my wife has recently bought a second hand Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS and i have some questions around the car. I would really appreciate if any one of you can clarify them for me.

1. i do not get all the information in the meter except Total kilometers and trip meter however i read it on most of the forums that it also should give me information abt the milage, fuel economy and total fuel economy since the last time meter was reset.
Is it a fault or the model i have got does not come with trip computer?

2. i filled 12 litres of petrol when the fuel gauge showed orange light and i still do not have any bars on fuel meter. before this, when i had filled 25 litres, it gave me 4 bars on the gauge. is it normal or it happens sometimes because of huge fuel tank?

3. Can anyone suggest a good mechanic and spare parts dealer in western mumbai or thane (preferably Mira Road or Bhayander).

4. I am thinking of installing CNG kit in the car. Online i read the reviews and i am confused abt whether to put sequential or closed loop or open loop. 

I would really be glad if any one of you can take out some time and help me with these details.

Reagrds,

the.numerator
(a very new loganizer)

Last edited by the.numerator on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
Back to top Go down
zapping
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
zapping

Male
Number of posts : 96
City, Country : India
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 116
Registration date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS   logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 am

Welcome to the family the.numerator,

This gauge issue occured to me also once in the 6yrs that I owned Logan. After filling about 15litres. The gaugue just displayed one bar increase. I asked the attend at the pump too. He said the fuel was filled correctly and gave me a receipt and if any issues come up after running told be to come back. But as he said the fuel was there but it was not showing. It was just a one time thing and I had driven around in reserver a lot too then.
Each bar in the fuel gauge is supposed to represent 5litres. And the final 5litres in the tank will be taken as reserve and thats when the low fuel comes up. Did you drive around in reserve too? The you should reduce some from the 12litres for reserve also. The bar counts won't be very accurate there is some lag.

About CNG kit there is mixed opnion you should be able to find some in this forum too if you search. 
https://mahindralogan.forumotion.com/t578-want-urgent-advice-for-having-cng-in-my-logan-1612000km
https://mahindralogan.forumotion.com/t906-required-cng-kit-suggestion
https://mahindralogan.forumotion.com/t864-cng-for-14glx
https://mahindralogan.forumotion.com/t520-dual-fuel-cng-lpg
https://mahindralogan.forumotion.com/t757-experience-in-logan-16-after-cng-retrofitting-solutions

The edge was a limited edition I guess. You should try searching for the specifics. I could get this 
http://www.carwale.com/mahindrarenault-cars/logan20072011/edgegls16abs20092010-features-1420.html

Happy and safe driving,
Zaps.
Back to top Go down
the.numerator
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
the.numerator

Male
Number of posts : 15
LOGAN Model : 1.6 GLS 2007
ClubLogan Points : 19
Registration date : 2013-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS   logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 4:28 pm

Thanks for the quick reply "Zapping". 
Please let me know if you also only get the total kilometers and trip meter in the display as some of the users have mentioned about the mileage and other details from the trip computer.

Also i have noticed that i am leaving skid marks if i am breaking hard which i believe should not happen as this car coms with ABS. Also when i put the key in the ignition, i get the test light for air bag but not for ABS. Is it supposed to be this way or i need to send the car to the A.S.S.

After reading so many bad things about the mahindra ASS, i am kind of scared what they will quote and what kind of work will they do?

Thanks & Cheers
Back to top Go down
zapping
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
zapping

Male
Number of posts : 96
City, Country : India
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 116
Registration date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS   logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Mine logan is the middle varient, DLX, it has only the trip meter and the total kms readings.

ABS does leave some mark i guess. It all depends on the various conditions too. State of the road, under inflated tyres, insufficient tyre thread, unbalanced wheels etc. Maybe you have have a general check on these and try again before going at Mahindra.

Unfortunately what you have mentioned is true. Parts and labour there do also do not come that cheap. But i guess its the same with all new gen cars unlike the 800 days. Also read the manual well and verify the recommendations they give.
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS   logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Please get the car checked. All warning lamps must glow once and then go off. That is an indication of systems being in order.
ABS equipped vehicles can leave skid marks but in a straight line and very light. Not dark lines.
If you have a concern, get it checked. Also, to clear out doubts, go to the showroom and test drive the ABS version of the car and see if it is same as your car or not.
Back to top Go down
ssksskssk0
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
ssksskssk0

Male
Number of posts : 6
LOGAN Model : Logan 1.4 GLS EUROIII
ClubLogan Points : 8
Registration date : 2013-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS   logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:29 pm

Hi Numerator,

regarding CNG kit,
I hav bought my logan a year back (used logan 1.4 gls) with convection CNG kit intslled.. my experience with it was very bad specially because prior to thid i used to drive Ford Ikon Petrol. My logan on CNG gives me no pickup at all, driving car on CNG was vry pain specially on steep roads. Where as on petrol i can say that logan runs better than Ford Ikon!
however i was completely new to a CNG fitted vehicle so i thought that this might be the case with all CNG fitted vehicle. Then last month i test drive my freinds CNG fitted Sentro Xing both on petrol as well as on CNG. there was hardly any lag in pickup and power so i went to the workshop where he got his CNG kit from.
the mechanic there explain me that the kit installed in my vehicle is of no use as it doesnt support the vehicle, the same kit can work really good on other cars like sentro, lancer etc but not on logan so i replaced the kit with Lovato Sequential kit and trust me now i the pickup and power which i get from my CNG is almost equal to Petrol!
So dont go for cheap CNG kits go for Sequential kits available in market and enjoy the driving experince
PS: my old CNG kit used to give me 100-110 kms in 9kg gas, now the new Sequential kit gives me 140-160!
so along with power u also gets good fuel efficiency!

hope this helps ur query regarding which type of CNG kit should be installed in Logan Smile
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS   logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Abs Will Skid ! But on wet roads then the buzz on and off a lot earlier ! All ABS is there fo is to stop the wheels locking and allow you to still be able to steer the vehicle a bit ! get on to a wet road alone preferably with a few leaves and then slam on the brakes ,Or go up into the mountains and find some snowy car park and have a good play
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS   logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:46 pm

look on my photo here can you see that metal box with the pipes coming out of it on your car under the bonnet ! The pipes face upwards on mine
logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS 203676
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS   logan - Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mahindra Logan 1.6 GLS EDge ABS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum :: Mahindra Renault LOGAN - General :: TECHNICAL-
Jump to: