ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_lcap20%caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_lcap19%caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_lcap18%caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_lcap10%caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_lcap20%caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_lcap3%caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_lcap4%caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_lcap3%caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_lcap0%caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_lcapcaps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Voting_barcaps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_lcapcaps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Voting_barcaps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
Starting sound price logan axle coolant Plug petrol diesel pump light BRAKE clutch sensor boot radiator suspension verito front belt filter manual engine gear fuel alternator
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Black deposit on the wheel caps

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zapping
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
zapping

Male
Number of posts : 96
City, Country : India
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 116
Registration date : 2012-11-26

caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Empty
PostSubject: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi all,
Lately my wheel caps are getting some sort of black powdery sort of deposit. Its there on both the front wheel caps. More on the right side. But none on the rear wheels. While washing if i spray water through the wheel caps or behind the wheels lots of these black powder flows out with the water.

Had called the authorized service center and asked them on this. Their reply was its somewhat good. This could be from the brakes pads and its alright since its not getting deposited any where in the assembly or the wheels. Not sure after 3+yrs and nearing 70K Kms why this is happening only now. The brake-pads were changed when I went in for the 40K service.

cheers,
Zaps.
Back to top Go down
Deccansand
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Deccansand

Male
Number of posts : 67
City, Country : Hyderabad
LOGAN Model : LOGAN DLE 1.5 dci
ClubLogan Points : 81
Registration date : 2012-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:32 pm

I guess its the carbon deposit from the burnt rubber.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 3:42 pm

It is dust from your brake pads ! you only get this on the front because they are disk at the front and at the back they are drums .Its normal just wash it off !
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 3:45 pm

I have just seen you said the pads were changed ! I bet they put CHEAP pads in they are known to make a lot of dust
Back to top Go down
zapping
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
zapping

Male

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:51 pm

Thx for the responses.

@Deccansand I had changed the tyres Bridgestone my02 and it might have run only about 3K-4K. But had the dust was appearing before and after the tyre change.

Could be something related to what Stu has mentioned. Maybe I should check how much they charged me for the pads. But its already done about +30K Kms with the changed pads. Next time should think of getting a good one on from somewhere else instead of going to the authorized guys like last time.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:20 pm

NOT COULD BE !!!! It is you wont get dust off your tyres its dust from the brake pads and you do not need to worry just wash them every so often
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/brake-dust.jpg

you could buy ceramic ones but they would cost more than the car
Back to top Go down
zapping
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
zapping

Male

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:50 pm

oh ok Smile , when it comes to Stu you should be using definitive and not be speculative. The service guys also said the same thing about the dust. Just wanted to confirm. If its the same and they are not overlooking something.

When you mentioned about the pad type, i think they might have put organic one. I had queried a lot about the disc, life and its ware when they called to confirm a pad change. I also remember mentioning that i would give priority to the life of the disc more.

The OEM pads that were on were very heavy. I was surprised they weighted so much. This could be it. Do you know which is costly organic or metal one? Have to check the how much they charged me. If its organic then i guess i have to go in for an early pad check.

While slowing down I have this tendency of shifting the car to neutral. I don't do much revving or tail-ridding either. Also while going down slopes etc. Its something i picked up from my previous car cannot seem to shake of the braking habit even with my Logan. That car belonged to my father i bought it from him when he was going to sell it off. I become sentimental I guess learnt driving on it with the Old man. When i finally sold if off to buy Logan it in our family for over 25yrs.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 6:10 pm

most are organic ! and Metal ones you cannot get (Imagine the noise ) you can get semi metal
they used to be made of asbestos and gave out cancerous dust the ones today are made of
it is hard to be definitive on the INTERNET especially with undefinability questions !Yours not included though ! but like i said its just dust everyone gets it so live with it and stop worrying
How old are your Disks ? Not the pads the disks ? I change them all at once My pads were down at 68000 (GOOD LIFE ) and I changed the disks as well It worth it and they are very cheap on ebay
Back to top Go down
zapping
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
zapping

Male

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 8:06 pm

Its about +68,000Kms on the odo now. Have not changed the discs. Just the pad once. After another 2000Kms the next service will be due.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 8:33 pm

Then change em all in 2000 it pays and you will feel on big difference I dont want to Piss you off but look at what they can be bought for in Europe !
Brakes and Discs http://www.ebay.de/itm/BREMSE-BREMSEN-SET-KIT-VORNE-VOLL-238-RENAULT-CLIO-1-2-AB-BJ-91-LOGAN-/370763898985?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item5653402069
Back to top Go down
zapping
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
zapping

Male

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:13 pm

This really awesome. I wish ebay india had sold something like these. If you search around the only thing you will find for logan is probably body cover.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:04 pm

Can you not buy from Europe ? it may work out cheaper in the end
Back to top Go down
zapping
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
zapping

Male

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 12:04 pm

The problem is when the courier guy brings it he will charge import duties if anything is bought outside ebay.in or from ebay global. That does not work out be cost effective. Will try ebay searching and search and workout the cost, i might get lucky as you have said.
Back to top Go down
sachinp
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
sachinp

Male
Number of posts : 35
City, Country : Pune, India
LOGAN Model : Verito D6 2012 Refresh
ClubLogan Points : 41
Registration date : 2012-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:46 pm

My car also has this problem. Black powdery deposits on the front wheels. One my friends, who works in an auto showroom, told me that it comes from the disk brakes and is nothing to worry. The response from Guru-Stu confirms that for me.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:19 pm

bounce bounce bounce Rule One !! Stu is always right !
Rule Two When Stu is not right Rule One comes in to effect clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black deposit on the wheel caps   caps - Black deposit on the wheel caps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black deposit on the wheel caps
Page 1 of 1