ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_lcap20%fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_lcap19%fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_lcap18%fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_lcap10%fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_lcap20%fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_lcap3%fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_lcap4%fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_lcap3%fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_lcap0%fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_lcapfuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Voting_barfuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_lcapfuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Voting_barfuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
suspension BRAKE radiator sound light price axle verito pump manual clutch belt boot alternator logan gear petrol engine coolant Starting filter fuel diesel front sensor Plug
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true

Go down 
+2
Mir...
Krsna
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Krsna
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Krsna

Male
Number of posts : 7
City, Country : INDIA
LOGAN Model : VERITO 2012
ClubLogan Points : 11
Registration date : 2012-08-28

fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Empty
PostSubject: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Dear All,

The speedometer and fuel economy figures shown in the instrument cluster is not true...
When the speedo shows 80km/hr - the actual speed is only between 70-72km/hr.
Also, if the fuel economy shown is 16km/lt - but when calculated from full tank to full tank
gives only about 14.5km/lt. !!!

Whereas, my 10 year old palio shows exactly the same speed as the GPS!!!

Has any one experienced this?

regards,
Krsna V
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male
Number of posts : 659
City, Country : Ahmedabad, Gujarat
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 624
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 12:17 am

Basically it logs a number of lat/long points, and the GPS (atomic based) time it was at those points, and does the maths to calculate the distance between points, and the time it took to travel between those points. From there the rate can easily be calculated.

I think it is reasonably accurate. However, I think a proper speedometer is more accurate, provided the original sized tires are used, or the computer programmed to the actual tire size and all that.

On fuel economy part there would always be +/- errors in manual full tank to full tank and one shown on panel. Figure shown on panel is from time of last reset till that date while, full tank to full tank is for one full tank trip. Not necessarily would one get same kmpl in all full tanks. Also lesser one resets the panel more is the accuracy.
Back to top Go down
Krsna
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Krsna

Male
Number of posts : 7
City, Country : INDIA
LOGAN Model : VERITO 2012
ClubLogan Points : 11
Registration date : 2012-08-28

PostSubject: Re: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 6:43 pm

thankyou.
krsna
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:20 pm

My Dacia is at least 10km out and this is normal ! which is good for speed cameras and stuff
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
MyCoolLogan
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
MyCoolLogan

Male
Number of posts : 175
City, Country : Chennai, India
LOGAN Model : DLSX
ClubLogan Points : 207
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:30 am

Generally it is 10 Kms out of sync with GPS and I guess it is due to smaller rim sizes(14 inches against 15 in higher end versions in Europe) that we run here in India.

yes DIS is grossly out of sync with Kmpl and with fuel consumed to the amount of fuel present in the tank.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 5:23 am

It is wanted here in Europe ! it is wanted that the Tacho shows more than you are driving for obvious reasons Just do this ! It is the best piece of advice I can give you and this is

DO NOT DRIVE FASTER THAN YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL CAN FLY
Back to top Go down
vabs1981
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
vabs1981

Male
Number of posts : 91
City, Country : Dombivli , Thane , India
LOGAN Model : DLX 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 99
Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:00 am

means if speedometer shows 80 KMPH , then your exact speed is 70 KMPH? right?
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male
Number of posts : 659
City, Country : Ahmedabad, Gujarat
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 624
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:33 pm

vabs1981 wrote:
means if speedometer shows 80 KMPH , then your exact speed is 70 KMPH? right?

Could be the case. Does not stand true with all Logans. So not a general conclusion.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:36 pm

99.09 % of Logans have this difference ! In fact most cars do !
Back to top Go down
sachinp
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
sachinp

Male
Number of posts : 35
City, Country : Pune, India
LOGAN Model : Verito D6 2012 Refresh
ClubLogan Points : 41
Registration date : 2012-09-23

PostSubject: Re: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 11:34 am

I wonder why there is this perception about error in the distance calculation. It is a simple math of multiplying the circumference of the tyre with the number of revs. It could go wrong by a few meters if there is a change in circumference of the tyre due to air pressure variations, but cannot be a 10% error. If you divide that with time, which again is not difficult to measure, you get speed. I am sure that the folks who engineered this master-piece would not be so naive to faulter on such simple math.

I agree with Mir..., GPS calculations cannot be accurate as the odometer. If you find a difference, you should assume that GPS is wrong, not the odometer.

I do agree that there is error in the fuel volume measurement. I have noticed that when I use up 45 ltrs of diesel, the meter actually shows only 38. This is definitely a big error. This introduces error in all calculations related to fuel consumption. Values such as: mileage, distance to empty etc. are all wrong.

That is why we should always measure using tank-full to tank full. There also there is big room for error. I go to a fuel pump where the pump is located on a ground that has a slight slope. When I park my car east-west for filling it takes as much as 49-50 ltrs, when I park west-east it cannot take more than 45 ltrs ! That is the kind of error due to the slope. So when you want to do an accurate measurement of a tank-full, always park in same position and direction at same pump everytime you fill.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:44 pm

If a GPS was not accurate it would not take you direct to the door !! Or the Americans could not place a rocket down the chimney of a House after being launched from sea could it Rolling Eyes!
You fill the tank and the filler pipe and you will get 5 ltrs more ! and i do not think you will have any filling stations on hills big enough for you to notice any difference in filling !!!a forward or backward slope would not make any difference at all only slope leaning in the direction of the filler cap would !
Back to top Go down
vabs1981
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
vabs1981

Male

PostSubject: Re: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:25 pm

I think i have take out my fuel tank out & see how much diesel is left in it. coz everytime i fill up it never goes more 49 ltr in tank. May be i clean the tank for that would be useful. coz in my last car esteem i did the same & lot of rust,water i found at the bottom of fuel tank.

It really made a lot of diference in the feel of driving that engine was much smoother than earlier. I'll try this in logan also.......

What do you suggest experts...?

Vaibhav
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:36 pm

Maybe Your tank has a dent in it !!!!
Back to top Go down
vabs1981
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
vabs1981

Male

PostSubject: Re: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 3:06 pm

no dear...

I've observed the car recently under its body for any leakages & dents. My neighbours always appreciating how much care i took of car.

MY Answer:

Take care of your car when standstill.

She will take care of you when crusing.

BTW.. i didn't observed any dent on the tank. But can a single dent can deduce so much fuel space.? Is it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true   fuel - speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

speedometer and fuel economy figures - not true
Page 1 of 1