ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_lcap20%AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_lcap19%AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_lcap18%AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_lcap10%AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_lcap20%AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_lcap3%AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_lcap4%AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_lcap0%AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_lcapAC- Evaporator coil issue Voting_barAC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
AC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_lcapAC- Evaporator coil issue Voting_barAC- Evaporator coil issue Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
clutch Plug filter sensor sound belt engine logan alternator verito light diesel manual petrol price coolant boot axle Starting suspension gear fuel radiator BRAKE pump front
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

AC- Evaporator coil issue

Go down 
+6
dwivedia
HITESH
martin245
Mir...
vsuprak
diwnaras
10 posters
AuthorMessage
diwnaras
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
diwnaras

Male
Number of posts : 21
City, Country : chennai, India
LOGAN Model : 1.5 DLS
ClubLogan Points : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-06

AC- Evaporator coil issue Empty
PostSubject: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi All,

My vehicle has done 30k kms. Last one week if i on the a/c was getting only hot air. When checked with the service station thy reported that we need to change the evaporator coil. This is covered under warranty.

The reliability of this vehicle is very bad. I think Logan is the most unreliable car.
The parts changed till now under warranty
* Engine [ due to coolant oil mix]
* Clutch
* four tyres
* door catchers
* Now A/c coil

All this in one years.

I can't imagine the cost of ownership after the warranty period

Anyone seeing this a/c coil issue
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi diw,

It's really sad that you had to face all the above mentioned problems and that too in a span of 1 year !!

But personally, I have had me car for more than 1.5 yrs now and have never faced any problems. Even, the commonly mentioned 'Door Catcher' problem.

Did you mention about these issues to the company (not thru dealer. directly by yourself)? If yes, what did they have to say about it?

If you really are not satisfied with the car, then you MUST take it up with the company upto the highest level possible.

I'm not sure how many people here would agree that the Logan is completely unreliable.

Please do let us know the course of action taken either by dealer or the company to resolve ur issues. It could be of help to others in the forum too.

Surya
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male
Number of posts : 659
City, Country : Ahmedabad, Gujarat
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 624
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:12 pm

Logan is not completely unreliable.

However our friend diwnaras says he changed the engine!!! did i read correct...

i have not seen one changing engine that too in one year. also if this is the case i would suggest diwnaras to ask for a replacement piece and GO LEGAL.

YOU CAN'T DRIVE A CAR WITH IT'S ENGINE CHANGED and why should you?

Do go legal on this matter. File a case and get it resolved. This is serious engine and clutch...
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:15 pm

Engine [ due to coolant oil mix] no way would you get a new engine if you had oil and water mixing .This comes from a cylinder head gasket and at the most you may have to Skim the cylinder head Could these problems be from your driving ? 1 year 4 tyres 1 year a clutch 1 year a (engine?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
diwnaras
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
diwnaras

Male

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:05 am

There was a problem with coolant pump. the same topic is discussed in another thread. Due to that oil and coolant got mixed and u know viscosity of oil reduces and which leads engine seizure. luckily engine didn't seize for me. Anyway thy changed the engine.

I am in contact with Mahindra area manager as well. Whenever i say a problem immediately thy replace. you know they changed the cluch in warranty. If the dealer or the manufacture didn't change the parts then we can go legally.

Because you know we are going to waste the time by going legal because the judgment would be replace all the defective parts, which they are already doing it

Iam very familiar at the dealer side and the manufacturer in chennai because i make atleast two trips every month to workshop.

I complaint of A/c problem with area manager and when i questioned why am i getting this problem ? he told me that you usage is like that Smile

If this so called vehicle is designed to run in France why they lauch in India.

Just want to know how many of you folks face the same problem.
Back to top Go down
diwnaras
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
diwnaras

Male

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:13 am

I do have Ford Fiesta and Scorpio and there is no problem of this sort.
just to say that iam not new to cars and this problems are not due to my driving.
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:58 pm

@diwnaras:
I do not think any one would have faced any such problem so far at least from the people on this forum. If any one has kindly do pour in here. I understand your situation is bad.

I still believe you should go legal on grounds saying, you have been sold defective car which you can easily prove since the car has warranted so many parts change in its 1st year itself, you ought to get the entire car replaced instead of getting tits and bits here and there replaced each time they stop functoning. Legally it can be proved that driving such a car is threat to passengers travelling in it and this is something which is not agreeable to you. At the same time you need to be compensated for all the time and efforts you spent in getting the defective parts replaced each time they stopped funcitoning and that you feel cheated.

I would say that if the case is genuine it is bound to get victory eventually. Its not about time, not about the final verdict but about getting yourself right. You spent money for the car, you are not satisfied with the product quality or reliability. So rather wasting time on replacements go for it man.

As a matter of fact if i were in your shoes, i would never have accepted changing or replacing "engine" but would have demanded for replacing the car itself, failing to do so i would have given them written notice of my intentions to go legal against Mahindra Renault company.

all the best.

Last edited by Mir... on Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:34 pm

I exchanged My first Logan because they sold me a Euro 3 and not the Euro 4 which I had chosen.
Back to top Go down
diwnaras
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
diwnaras

Male

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:58 pm

A/c coil was replaced now and the cooling is decent.
When questioned why is this problem, i got a reply that this vehicle was designed by French and not meant for Dusty environment. So we need to clean it every 20k kms itseems.

If it is designed for France why thy are selling it in India. I gave a mouthful to the dealer and Mahindra folks.

Really disappointed with this vehicle.
Back to top Go down
HITESH
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
HITESH

Male
Number of posts : 460
City, Country : ludhiana,punjab.india.
LOGAN Model : logan dls
ClubLogan Points : 260
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:53 pm

my vehicle has covered 26000 kms till date

few days ago my ac coil was also choked i.e full of dust..

they fully serviced the air conditioner and it caused me a pinching of rs 3500.

they cleaned all coils and air vent by removing the dashboard

they told me to keep the floor mats clean as when the air circulates within the cabin.....dust also moves in and it causes choking..

now have made a rule.. Neutral ..clean the mats regularly and keep window panes closed...

now let the a c coil get choked and i l tell them Evil or Very Mad

mahindra ppl will never forget hitesh handa Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
diwnaras
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
diwnaras

Male

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:35 pm

oh man you wasted 3500rs for cleaning. Because if you would have left it as such it would have rusted and cracked and thy would have replaced under warranty Smile I spent 0 Rs for replacement.
Back to top Go down
HITESH
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
HITESH

Male

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:01 am

buddy

waiting for getting it rusted and then getting it cracked would have made me a roasted human being as temperature in my city is near above 35 c .

and whats the use in getting it changed under warranty if it wiill again happen so.

its better getting it cleaned every 2 years......
Back to top Go down
diwnaras
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
diwnaras

Male

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Smile
i didn't face cooling problem till it got cracked.
Back to top Go down
HITESH
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
HITESH

Male

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:46 pm

when i started facing the problem ...i went to local mechanic and got the cooling gas filled..

now the AC was giving cool air but the air was not coming out of vents as it used to ..

so they just cleaned of the vents and coil ...refilled the gas and voila

it is chilling cold now..

but i l keep your thing in mind DIWNARAS.

now anything of this sort happens....i l not let them go
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 5:45 pm

Hitesh Handa,
I as a forum member wait for your coil to get rusted and get cracked...
Aptly let us all know whenever this happens if at all even after years from now.

Same for any other members too. Do post in here in case if you are having same thing.
Back to top Go down
dwivedia
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
dwivedia

Male
Number of posts : 5
City, Country : Noida, India
LOGAN Model : GLX-1.4
ClubLogan Points : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-19

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:03 pm

I own 3.4 years old Logan 1.4 GLX
Everything went fine up-till 2 years and AC problem occurs at 2.4 yrs, service people told me that gas leaked from cooling coil so need to replaced, they charged me ~9k for same.

After 1 year @ 3.4 yrs same problem occurs and again service people saying need to replace AC coil and asking for ~11K

I think this occurred repeatedly with Logan Car and worst part is its not covered under extended warranty.

I have taken this issue with Mahindra by calling there customer care and they redirected the call to the Service center. No one from Mahindra is turned up on the issue.
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male
Number of posts : 380
City, Country : Kolkata
LOGAN Model : Logan GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 152
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi, have just got the evaporator coil changed (under extended 3+4th year warranty though)

Was billed 2200 for replaced gas and compressor oil.

Saw the internal document where it said that the evaporator coil was approx 3000/- and AC service was 700/-

So u cannot say that the AC is not under warranty.

BTW :surprised to see me on the leaderboard even though I haven't posted anything in over a year
Smile
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male
Number of posts : 1680
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:59 am

tomlai wrote:

BTW :surprised to see me on the leaderboard even though I haven't posted anything in over a year
Smile

Thats cause you were pretty active earlier.. Welcome back Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ClubLogan.com
cracklier
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
cracklier

Male
Number of posts : 14
City, Country : Delhi, India
LOGAN Model : 2008, January
ClubLogan Points : 14
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:27 pm

I am facing here a strange issue in the AC compartment of my logan, two of the driver side vents are giving cold air, the other vents are giving hot air, i had get it checked at the workshop they told me to get it checked outside as they have heavy rush, i get it checked outside, the person told me to replace the cooling coil, i get the cooling coil replaced for 6500, 3500 for cooling coil and 3000 as chargers for fittment, gas, now its antartica for few days in my car, but now i am again facing a strange issue, my car AC, doing regular cutoff and on frequently, sometimes it run fine, i rush to the ac person, he told me the gas is excess, so he removed some of it, it run fine for 2 - 3 hrs, now the problem is recurring, i am unaable to get it figureout what would be the problem
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Demand the service center guys to do it.

Why are they refering you to go outside? Was it their fault?
My friends Bolero, after service had the same problem. Apparently the service guys had not connected one of the vent to its flow receiving channel.

Ask them to diagnose first. Dont spend as yet.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Cant be broken if cold air is coming through 2 vents !!! It must be to do with the heater settings switch (the one you move for floor dash windscreen etc)
Back to top Go down
cracklier
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
cracklier

Male
Number of posts : 14
City, Country : Delhi, India
LOGAN Model : 2008, January
ClubLogan Points : 14
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 3:57 pm

now my ac is running good for sometime after i started the ac, then it starts tripping frequently, somebody told me the gas is in acess
Back to top Go down
excess
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
excess

Male
Number of posts : 8
City, Country : Mumbai
LOGAN Model : 1.6 GLS
ClubLogan Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:50 pm

I have been having issue with my Logan 1.6 GLS Air Conditioning not working properly due to the evaporator coil failure. Mahindra refuses to honour extended warranty citing below reason -

Evaporator Coil & Evaporator Reservoir is different. In logan warranty shield, cooling coil is not covered under extended warranty.

Makes me wonder as to what good extended warranty is – when parts mentioned are not covered for everyone. I would also like to have a brief explanation as to why evaporator coil is not covered under extended warranty even when this is not mentioned in the list of exclusions. Mahindra sells extended warranty assuring customer of peace against expensive repair work and also states that all major components like A/c are covered however refuses to honor at a later stage?

http://www.mahindraverito.com/extended_warranty.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC- Evaporator coil issue   AC- Evaporator coil issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC- Evaporator coil issue
Page 1 of 1