ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Immobilizer got activated
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

» Oil smell from A/C vents and Clutch change
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 4:38 pm by zapping

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_lcap20%TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_lcap19%TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_lcap18%TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_lcap10%TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_lcap20%TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_lcap3%TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_lcap4%TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_lcap3%TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_lcap0%TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_lcapTIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Voting_barTIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_lcapTIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Voting_barTIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
petrol verito Plug coolant radiator BRAKE sound alternator light pump engine sensor manual Starting gear fuel belt diesel price logan suspension front filter clutch boot axle
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
max_ll19
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
max_ll19

Male
Number of posts : 4
City, Country : GOA,INDIA
LOGAN Model : GLX 1.4.
ClubLogan Points : 10
Registration date : 2014-05-08

TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Empty
PostSubject: TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION   TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Hi Forum Members,

My car has done 78k kms, suddenly a month back the car stalled with a noise from the engine. Got the vehicle towed to my local mechanic. Fault was timing belt had broken also damaging the valves. After non availability of the parts at the local spare dealer, got the required parts ordered from Mumbai.

After replacement of the belt and the valves the performance of the car has degraded. Got the timing belt check thrice. The car had started perfectly on first crank after repairs.

Now as in Goa we don't have the required tools to check the tension-er setting how do I check the tension of the timing belt.

Or what can be done to improve the performance. Neutral 

Kindly help me out on this.

Regards
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION   TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 2:53 pm

It sounds like they have not set the timing correct
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male
Number of posts : 37
City, Country : New Delhi
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLE
ClubLogan Points : 47
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION   TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 6:47 pm

Have you found solution to your timing belt problem?
Back to top Go down
abhishek2007
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
abhishek2007

Male
Number of posts : 13
City, Country : kollam India
LOGAN Model : LOGAN PETROL K7J PS GLX 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 23
Registration date : 2014-05-04

PostSubject: Re: TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION   TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 3:18 pm

I am facing exactly same problem did 79000 km and timing belt snapped had to tow the vehicle to service station which was around 15 km had to pay 2500 as towing charges, now the service center called me up and informed me that timing belt has to be replaced they said it would cost around 4500 Rupees, I don't know whether it is just the price of belt or other accessories that goes with it.

I will inform about the performance once I get back my vehicle 
But How much did it cost you, and what all did you have to replace along with the timing belt.
Back to top Go down
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male

PostSubject: Re: TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION   TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 8:50 pm

If the service station can set your vehicle running again properly in Rs. 4500/- after the breaking of timing belt, it will be a bargain.

The valves are bound to be bent and depends how many go bad. After timing belt breakage it requires opening of head, replacement and lapping of engine valves, valve seals, replacement of head gasket, timing belt and if required then replacement of tensioner bearing and maybe the water pump. The timing belt of a good Indian brand (Fenner) only costs 450 to 600 Rs. It is the balance of the items which happen to be expensive. My experience of repair without labour and only genuine parts procured from Mahindra Dealership is around Rs. 11000 for valve set, gasket and valve seal set only.
Back to top Go down
KartikeyanP
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
KartikeyanP

Male
Number of posts : 51
City, Country : India
LOGAN Model : 1.6 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 62
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION   TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi Guys,

The Timing Belt replacement is very critical 60K KM is the limit. My vehicle has clocked 138,000 Km Though I did it at right time but the second time replacement (120K KM) was done at a local service centre and he screwed up the vehicle, it was not set properly. there was noise from the engine and I did a stupidity to drive for about ~120 Km and then took it to service centre where they said there are valce damages and it needs replacement, I ended up spending Rs. 38K and decided never to do the service other than authorize service centre. The spares availability for Logan Petrol is a big problem and I am now getting it from Mahindra Authorized Spares Dealer ML Automobiles in Chennai. I take these spares to service centre and they get it fixed.

I was not getting spares for Alternator and Idler Pulleys for which I faced the problem of belt cut and vehilce stranded on Highway, this time at a different city Vellore. Fortunately there was a Mahindra Service Center (Jain Cars) just 5 km from the breakdown location. Dropped the vehicle to service center and travelling to Chennai with family on a hired cab. Then ordered for spares through ML Auto and sent to Jain cars by courier and got it fixed. Finally got the vehicle back to Chennai.

After 2 month Ignition coil gave trouble and got it replaced for Rs9K. Problems are increasing day by day. Looks like I will replace all the parts shortly

Br,
Kartikeyan
Back to top Go down
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male

PostSubject: Re: TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION   TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Now even Mahindra dealers are least interested to repair Logan's. They do not stock spares so do not want vehicle to stay with them for 10 15 days till spares com from Mahindra. Spare prices are exorbitant. 

Now a days one does not see Logan on Delhi's roads as majority of them it seems have been scrapped and they do not have re-sale value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION   TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION
Page 1 of 1