ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
front - sun film for the front? Vote_lcap20%front - sun film for the front? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
front - sun film for the front? Vote_lcap19%front - sun film for the front? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
front - sun film for the front? Vote_lcap18%front - sun film for the front? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
front - sun film for the front? Vote_lcap10%front - sun film for the front? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
front - sun film for the front? Vote_lcap20%front - sun film for the front? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
front - sun film for the front? Vote_lcap3%front - sun film for the front? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
front - sun film for the front? Vote_lcap4%front - sun film for the front? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
front - sun film for the front? Vote_lcap3%front - sun film for the front? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
front - sun film for the front? Vote_lcap0%front - sun film for the front? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
front - sun film for the front? Vote_lcapfront - sun film for the front? Voting_barfront - sun film for the front? Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
front - sun film for the front? Vote_lcapfront - sun film for the front? Voting_barfront - sun film for the front? Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
belt verito engine pump Plug fuel front alternator price clutch boot logan radiator petrol diesel filter light manual sensor coolant gear axle suspension Starting sound BRAKE
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

sun film for the front?

Go down 
+8
vishal_knit
dhanushan
vishala
krishnasrs
vsuprak
nayandeep
Mir...
rdr
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male
Number of posts : 357
City, Country : Chennai, India
LOGAN Model : Mahindra Logan Edge 1.6 GLSx ABS
ClubLogan Points : 302
Registration date : 2008-08-08

front - sun film for the front? Empty
PostSubject: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:28 pm

I already have sun film for the windows and the rear (fitted before delivery at the showroom). I want to get it done for the front.

Any suggestions? I'm looking for a VFM solution and not something really high end.
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male
Number of posts : 659
City, Country : Ahmedabad, Gujarat
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 624
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:42 pm

Light shades do exist.
Any specific reasons to do so.

I have come across vehicles with dark sun films on top and bottom of front screen leaving some middle part clear. But then i do not personally like the idea.
Back to top Go down
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:46 pm

For heat reduction. You get stuff that completely blocks infra red with almost no visible light reduction. 40-50% energy reduction without visual degradation. These are legal... anything that has some shades are not legal.

The service guys have something for 7k (lumar I believe) which is out of budget.
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:09 pm

yes that stuff is what i mentioned under 'light shade'. in fact its almost transparent.
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male
Number of posts : 448
City, Country : Kolkata, India.
LOGAN Model : DLS 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 267
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:19 pm

I have installed Garwarw ice cool shield. It cost me 2k and is quite effective.
Back to top Go down
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:26 pm

nayandeep wrote:

Let me check this out.. How long does it take for them to fix it up?
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male
Number of posts : 448
City, Country : Kolkata, India.
LOGAN Model : DLS 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 267
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:35 pm

rdr wrote:
nayandeep wrote:

Let me check this out.. How long does it take for them to fix it up?

Around 30-45 mins
Back to top Go down
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:12 pm

Are there different grades of Ice Cool itself? I asked a local guy and he claimed 6.5k for garware ice cool
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:33 pm

6.5k for a garware??? affraid
No way
Back to top Go down
krishnasrs
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
krishnasrs

Male
Number of posts : 72
City, Country : Chembur, Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : DLX 1.4 (Rocky Beige)
ClubLogan Points : 114
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:52 pm

I have also installed Garware I cool shield .. which gives 55% heat reduction ... and costed about Rs2300/- incl. fixing. This is type and cost is only for the front glass.
Back to top Go down
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:38 am

I better find someone else to do it then.. Smile
Back to top Go down
vishala
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
vishala

Male
Number of posts : 24
City, Country : mumbai
LOGAN Model : DLX 1.5 dci
ClubLogan Points : 31
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:37 pm

I have also fitted the Garware Ice Cool Shield, costs around 2k
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:16 pm

garware ice cool top most range for all windows excluding front one costed me around 4k.
Back to top Go down
dhanushan
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
dhanushan

Male
Number of posts : 94
City, Country : Bangalore
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 53
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Folks one question. I am interested in doing this too. Is the film applied on the inner side or outside. I ask this because, whenever it rains I have a film of moisture settling on the outside of the glass. The AC does not help. The heater helps to some extent - but how long can you use the heater. It does not go clean even with windows open. When this moisture film appears on the glas, any amount of wiping from inside also does not help. If the wiper is switched on, it cleans this film of moisture but only to settle again.

Do you think using the sun control film will help in this case.
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Installation has to be on the inside only. Outside means subjecting to dust, rain, wipers and whole lot of external uncontrollable elements.

Regarding ur query of the mist occuring on the outside, it is probably because the glass temperature on the inside is colder than outside.
Ideally, once the mist gets cleared for the first time, you should switch the air flow to fresh air mode and and direct it at the windscreen. This ensures that the temperature of the glass is the same on outside and inside. That will rpevent condensation on both sides.
Back to top Go down
krishnasrs
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
krishnasrs

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Yeah.. The film is fitted from inside and it reduces the heat to a great extent. Since i have done this recently i have no experience of the mist formation on the front glass...But as suggested by suryaprakash, technically, if you bring the inside temp in line with outside temp, then problem should go off...
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 12:44 am

Being in Mktg, the training guys at office keep coming with loads of questions on product related stuff. Also need to keep a watch on the type of queries CR has to handle. So have been studying all this for almost a year now. Never know when suddenyla question pops up in office. Razz

Thats helping things here also
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:01 pm

Condensation is a problem experienced on most of sedans / hatchbacks.

Mainly it irritates the driver on the front and side glasses.

In case defogger is present or rear wiper is present rear window does not pose much threat. In absence of defogger some times rear window also condenses to a considerable extent only aggravating the problem.

Maintaining cabin temperature nearly same as outside temperature does help to some extent.

But however in vehicles where one does not have temperature control mechanism where one can be able to set the cabin temperature by specifying computer control at X degrees (similar to one that can be seen on home air conditioners now-a-days) rather than knob rotation mechanism, it becomes difficult to find the right position that may provide lowest temperature difference between cabin and outside.

Another good way i have experienced to gain some control over this situation is to have visors on windows to keep water from entering inside, leave window a bit open, set car a.c. again so as to maintain the temperature levels, move air circulation mode to fresh air and point blowers towards windwhield. This one is quite effective.
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:01 am

Exactly the point why I am in search for the Genuine Logan Side Visor acccessory.

Puhleez guys. Anybody plz lemme know if its avilable in your cities. Only the genuine Side Visor though
Back to top Go down
krishnasrs
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
krishnasrs

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:10 am

How do you define genuine?? If the visor is of good quality and finish and fits the window perfectly without any loose ends,, then it should be ok.. Such visors are available in Mumbai.
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:22 pm

By genuine, I mean the accessories which are supplied by the company (MR) to the dealers.
They also carry a warranty with them (1 yr)

MR GA(genuine accessories) has the side visor which snugly fits into the window channel.
After-market ones have the 2 sided 3M tape and are pasted on the outer door beading.
Some, when observed closely have a wavines in the plastic which is quite visible in the reflection from a distance.
Back to top Go down
dhanushan
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
dhanushan

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:25 pm

vsuprak wrote:
Installation has to be on the inside only. Outside means subjecting to dust, rain, wipers and whole lot of external uncontrollable elements.

Regarding ur query of the mist occuring on the outside, it is probably because the glass temperature on the inside is colder than outside.
Ideally, once the mist gets cleared for the first time, you should switch the air flow to fresh air mode and and direct it at the windscreen. This ensures that the temperature of the glass is the same on outside and inside. That will rpevent condensation on both sides.

I agree with you Surya - Ive never had this problem with my earlier cars. Usually when there is condensation, mist forms inside and you could even wipe it off with a cloth right? But now, my problem mist is forming on the outside of the glass and the wiper is only able to do litle justice. It goes away only when I warm the glass using the heater! My problem might sound strange but true - Ive always felt the glass (external side) was rough and not polished enough. In fact the day I bought the car, when looked from an angle, I could see a rough patch on the glass. Evry time it rains I always have this problem. The Aircon (cool) does not help. I am pretty sure that I cannot get the service guy to undersatand my problem Sad
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:38 pm

dhanushan wrote:

My problem might sound strange but true - Ive always felt the glass (external side) was rough and not polished enough. In fact the day I bought the car, when looked from an angle, I could see a rough patch on the glass. Evry time it rains I always have this problem. The Aircon (cool) does not help. I am pretty sure that I cannot get the service guy to undersatand my problem Sad

Are you are refering to the rough patch which is visible in the reflection on the glass outside surface (even after you wash it)?

In that case, pleaseuse a different cloth for the car body and for the glass.
Infact, even the service center guys are so oblivious of this problem.

They are instructed to make the car look gleaming and shiny when it is handed over to the customer.

Last Friday, when my car came back from service and I took it to office on Monday, it rained really hard. And I had a really tough time seeing the road.

Reason Question
The service guys were generous enough to use the same cloth that was used for polishing the car body, to clean the glass and make it shine Mad

I had to reach home and use newspaper (very effective in cleaning polish/oil/greasy smudges) to get off all that slime from my windscreen. You have to scrub it real hard, but it does go off.
Viola! today its back to normal.

Problem is, if u use a spray and then a cloth to clean the spray, make sure the cloth is clean, else u'll end up haveing the smudge all over again.
Back to top Go down
dhanushan
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
dhanushan

Male

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:26 pm

I just hope its only that. I will try this and update. Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
vishal_knit
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
vishal_knit

Male
Number of posts : 8
City, Country : tiruppur
LOGAN Model : 1.4glx edge
ClubLogan Points : 10
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:18 pm

I have put Garware Icecool film with 5 years warranty at a cost of 3100 a month back & it made a lot of diference to the AC performance.No problem with night visibility/glare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sun film for the front?   front - sun film for the front? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sun film for the front?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next