ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_lcap20%logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_lcap19%logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_lcap18%logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_lcap10%logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_lcap20%logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_lcap3%logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_lcap4%logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_lcap3%logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_lcap0%logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_lcaplogan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Voting_barlogan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_lcaplogan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Voting_barlogan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
gear boot light clutch engine Plug filter BRAKE sensor alternator price diesel verito radiator coolant belt sound petrol fuel manual axle front logan suspension pump Starting
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

My Sweet Diesel Logan

Go down 
+4
ezee
Dushie
martin245
mohanbal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mohanbal
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mohanbal

Male
Number of posts : 1
City, Country : Cochin,India
LOGAN Model : 1.5 DLS
ClubLogan Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-16

logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Empty
PostSubject: My Sweet Diesel Logan   logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:22 pm

Clocked 11000 as of today.

the only problem had faced was the mix up of coolant with oil due to faulty unit..was replaced during the 10000 km service (as a matter of fact it was noticed during service only, such minor leak it was) Exclamation

i have never faced problem in overtaking, nor any feeling of less power after applying the brake slightly.

I really feel the headlight needs to be more powerful, checked with the dealer they are of the stand if I put 100/90 W with the electronic relay will affect the warranty (heard that it is risky to have the bulb 100/90 without relay) Question

good at mileage, worse was 18 and always returns between 18-21..little of the from traffic returns 25 and was able to get even 27. Very Happy

Mahindra shouldn't have compromised on the tyres..JK is not worth for high speed driving,stability.. cyclops

Safe under 70-80 KM/Hr only Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Diesel Logan   logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:11 pm

OIL and coolant leaking together is not a minor problem !! It is normaly due to a Cylinder head gasket blowing .Ask them what they repaired !!!!because the only thing that keeps the oil and the antifreeze apart is the Cylinder Head Gasket
Stu
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
Dushie
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
Dushie

Male
Number of posts : 250
City, Country : Bangalore, India
LOGAN Model : DLE
ClubLogan Points : 104
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Diesel Logan   logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:16 pm

Agree with Martin on the same, you should always get complete details of the problem and the part being replaced wether in warranty or out of warranty as if it fails again you know whom to catch and what action to be taken
Back to top Go down
ezee
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
ezee

Male
Number of posts : 279
City, Country : Gurgaon
LOGAN Model : DLS 2007
ClubLogan Points : 250
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Diesel Logan   logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:15 pm

Well, I can say I have no such problems:

1. You dont need a realy to fit a 100/90 tubes, I have 100/90 on for last one year nothing happened. It work fine.

2. In normal driving I never get such mileage my average mileage is 16 kmpl (premium diesel) only (but I drive normally).

3. Regarding tyres, they are perfect and specially developed for Logan by JK. Logan is meant for its steady performance at high speed and highway driving. Me and my friends both driven upto 160 kmph and never faced any problem ever (although its always to be safe at 70-80 kmph on Indian roads).

The only problem I am facing is hard clutch and loose body parts like doors, mirror, dashboard rattling etc.
mohanbal wrote:
Clocked 11000 as of today.

the only problem had faced was the mix up of coolant with oil due to faulty unit..was replaced during the 10000 km service (as a matter of fact it was noticed during service only, such minor leak it was) Exclamation

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
dtandon
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
dtandon

Male
Number of posts : 77
City, Country : Bangalore/Lucknow
LOGAN Model : DLS (1.5 Diesel)
ClubLogan Points : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Diesel Logan   logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Well Ezee - you say you haven't had a problem with 100/90 Watt bulbs on the stock wiring and holders for over a year. Great ! but have you actually used the car for a long drive at night ?

(driving in the city is not a good way to judge if the upgrade is safe as you might use the headlights countinously for what - 1-2hrs max !)

If the car is driven with the higher wattage lamps and stock wiring with the headlamps ON for 8-10 hrs - they are going to get hot enough to melt the holders. In one word - unreliable - you might be stuck with a car without lights.

I've seen this a burnt head light switch (the stick on the steering) and melted holders first hand while driving with a friend in his car from Bangalore to Mangalore at night (400 Km - 7 hrs) - I had to tear out wiring from the ICE setup and rig the headlights directly to the battery to keep going Mad. I would never take such a risk on my car.

The stock holders are tested for reliable operation with stock bulbs (55/60 W). So upgrade to a better wiring kit and ceramic holders if you want a reliable car that you can take out of town for a long spin at night.

Back to top Go down
ashutosh
ashutosh

Male
Number of posts : 471
City, Country : NOIDA
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLE
ClubLogan Points : 40
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Diesel Logan   logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:45 am

mohanbal wrote:
Mahindra shouldn't have compromised on the tyres..JK is not worth for high speed driving,stability..

Safe under 70-80 KM/Hr only

ezee wrote:

3. Regarding tyres, they are perfect and specially developed for Logan by JK. Logan is meant for its steady performance at high speed and highway driving. Me and my friends both driven upto 160 kmph and never faced any problem ever (although its always to be safe at 70-80 kmph on Indian roads).

The tyres are good, comfortable, but are not meant for heavy cornering at high speeds.
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male
Number of posts : 1680
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Diesel Logan   logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:54 am

I agree with you Dtandon, which is why i didnt change the bulbs even though its a pretty cheap option..
The best bet is a HID...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ClubLogan.com
dtandon
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
dtandon

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Diesel Logan   logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:15 pm

Well Saumil - retrofitting HID into a headlight unit that was designed for conventional bulbs isn't a great idea after all - lots of fakes and high cost, the beam spread is also not quite up to the mark.

But you can safely upgrade to 100/90 W bulbs after adding a relay, better wiring and ceramic holders - Several brands sell "wiring harness + relay + holders" as a package for this.

With that installed (Don't have to cut existing wiring) - you can go ahead and use higher wattage bulbs - but please don't use them without it.
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male
Number of posts : 1680
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Diesel Logan   logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:12 pm

Got it Kernel Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ClubLogan.com
Debasish
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 68
City, Country : Thane
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Diesel Logan   logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:32 pm

Yeah I have that fitted already,(100/90 + relay) without having to cut any wires.
The result is fantastic, I recently had a long trip to Go and back around 2000 kms, I tell you night driving was a breeze with these bulbs . . go for it
Back to top Go down
dtandon
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
dtandon

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Diesel Logan   logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Nice Debasish.. How much did you pay for the relay and holders ? What make ?
Back to top Go down
Debasish
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 68
City, Country : Thane
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Diesel Logan   logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:27 pm

Well, I really cant recall the exact figure, it was done atleast 2 months back but the total figure was somewhere around 850-900 bucks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Sweet Diesel Logan   logan - My Sweet Diesel Logan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Sweet Diesel Logan
Page 1 of 1