ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
Distress Experience Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
Distress Experience Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
Distress Experience Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Distress Experience Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
Distress Experience Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
Distress Experience Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
Distress Experience Vote_lcap20%Distress Experience Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
Distress Experience Vote_lcap19%Distress Experience Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
Distress Experience Vote_lcap18%Distress Experience Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
Distress Experience Vote_lcap10%Distress Experience Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
Distress Experience Vote_lcap20%Distress Experience Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
Distress Experience Vote_lcap3%Distress Experience Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
Distress Experience Vote_lcap4%Distress Experience Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
Distress Experience Vote_lcap0%Distress Experience Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
Distress Experience Vote_lcapDistress Experience Voting_barDistress Experience Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
Distress Experience Vote_lcapDistress Experience Voting_barDistress Experience Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
manual clutch verito coolant axle price gear Plug fuel light sound radiator petrol BRAKE Starting front diesel logan suspension pump engine boot filter belt alternator sensor
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Distress Experience

Go down 
+8
GaneshP
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
martin245
sAuMiL
ashutosh
asheesh
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
asheesh
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
asheesh

Male
Number of posts : 18
City, Country : Delhi
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLE
ClubLogan Points : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Distress Experience Empty
PostSubject: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 7:28 pm

Yesterday I was stuck up with my 1.4 L Logan in heavy rains in Delhi was stranded on the road for more than 3 hours with absolutely no support/response or help from Mahindra support.

Based on the feedback on mobile, we were asked to open up the water/coolant container cap linked to the radiator and let boiling liquid ooze out of container and refill it with water and try again.

Once again the red temprature light came on after few seconds of drive. Still they asked us to drive the car to the nearest support centre 10 KM away from the site.

Anyway after lots of waiting help arrived , the technician replaced fuse with 60 inscribed on it (original one marked with 40) and recommended that the car is now fit for drive without any further checkup and did not mentioned replacing water with coolant either.

However, out of inquisitiveness called up Koncept automobile(Noida) and explained the repair carried by Logan technician.
They mentioned immediate remedial by replacing:
1. 60 AMPS fuse with the original one (40 AMPS)
2. Water with coolant.

Though I was replaced with the final help, was quite shocked and embarassed by my experience on (July 27) with the delays and patch work done without any caution or warning.:

Do we have any support on lines on Maruti On Road Service for Logan in India. This is very important once we are stuck up midway. In Prime of Delhi it took more than 3 hours for a technician to arrive. My experince with Maruti is very different, help arrives in < 30 mins.

All the passing Mahindra Vehicles passing by were looking at our sedan !!

I now have doubts about the support provided by Mahindra ...

Any comments
Back to top Go down
ashutosh
ashutosh

Male
Number of posts : 471
City, Country : NOIDA
ClubLogan Points : 40
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 11:24 pm

First of all, the thread is posted in the wrong section. The section is all about long term experience of the Logan you own. This issue is incident specific and complains more of dealer service backup, not the car.

Although I have never used the helpline, Mahindra's website has given a number on the website: 1800-22-6006 or 09935066006. And every dealer have emergency help services, ask yours.
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male
Number of posts : 1680
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:39 am

Moved...
Have you written to Mahindra or spoken to them??
Back to top Go down
http://www.ClubLogan.com
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 3:08 am

Well I would diagnose this car from Germany with a stuck thermostat
this info costs nothing and any mechanic that tells someone to remove the lid to the overflow bottle in the cooling system needs sacking !!!! END OF STORY
Stu

Get the thermostat changed !!! (tell them Stu said haha)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
Logan_loverinDelhi
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Logan_loverinDelhi

Male
Number of posts : 360
City, Country : New Delhi, India
LOGAN Model : 1.6GLX
ClubLogan Points : 135
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 1:13 pm

i can well understand what Asheesh is talking about.. Mahindra service sucks.. all they know is to send a customer on a wild goose chase
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male
Number of posts : 380
City, Country : Kolkata
LOGAN Model : Logan GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 152
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 1:57 pm

This is the scary part of owning a Logan, because ou can get stuck outside the operation area of your own Workshop and not get the same kind of assistance.
Back to top Go down
asheesh
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
asheesh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:47 pm

Another interesting aspect discovered after getting it serviced tomorrow for incorrect Fuse and refilling the Coolant. The cost of 60 AMPS fuse charged by the Mahindra support was Rs. 90 and the one replaced (40 AMPS ) yesterday was Rs. 250. When asked for the reason for price differential " ...the support chap had installed a local fuse and not the genuine one" ..can somebody advise about the real cost of the fuse !!!
Back to top Go down
asheesh
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
asheesh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:49 pm

ashutosh wrote:
First of all, the thread is posted in the wrong section. The section is all about long term experience of the Logan you own. This issue is incident specific and complains more of dealer service backup, not the car.

Although I have never used the helpline, Mahindra's website has given a number on the website: 1800-22-6006 or 09935066006. And every dealer have emergency help services, ask yours.

Ashutosh .. this is what I did .. called up Koncept help desk/ Emergency Numbers
Back to top Go down
asheesh
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
asheesh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:45 pm

Another surprise from Koncept today, they had swapped wrong fuses ...will take my car to them tomorrow
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 11:31 pm

What fuses are they swapping sound a bit wierd to me .Bit like a back street workshop
Stu
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male
Number of posts : 448
City, Country : Kolkata, India.
LOGAN Model : DLS 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 267
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:06 am

My right rear view mirror broke yesterday when I tried to open it. Yesterday I drove my car for the first time after three months since I was outside for my work. Might be because of that reason the mirror malfunctioned! Don't know? I went to the Royal motors service center at Kolkata. They charged Rs 1855 for a new mirror. But since the car in in warranty period and the mirror did not broke out of any colision or accident they should have donbe it free of cost. I already sent a mail to Mahindra regarding this. Hope they will follow up. What do u say buddies? The disgusting part is that the service center accept only cash. No credit card or cheque. When I asked for a written document from them which I can scan and send directly to Mahindra they accpeted to take the cheque. Smile
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:49 am

As for the document, They'll have to give u an invoice. Secondly, i think they could've given it to u. Hitesh got one replaced for free on simimlar grounds. Btw, did u apply any undue force to open the mirror. I cant understand why a mirror would break on opening even after 6 months!!!
Please do keep us posted on what Mahindra says
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:56 pm

I think that its due to the extreme heat in India that the mirror has broken It as been left closed for a long time and this has over the time stretched the plastik which has also been realy hot
then you open the mrror and CRACK the now brittle plastic breaks
(DONT LEAVE THE MIRRORS CLOSED FOR TOO LONG OPEN AND CLOSE THEM PERIODICLY
Tell them its nbot your fault and demand a replacement ............
If your door fell off you would !!!!!!!!!!!!!
stU
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:03 pm

Yea, Exactly that.. If their car is made for INDIA, it should be compatible with the conditions here. IF it cracked on,collision, then its ok but on Opening... Man.. they have to replace it for free...
Back to top Go down
GaneshP
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
GaneshP

LOGAN Model : DLS
ClubLogan Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:43 pm

Hey all,

Last month (July) driver side rear view mirror of my car also broke while I was trying to fold it. To the best of my knowledge, I did not apply any extra force and I keep folding and unfolding it every week after wash. I had bought my car in March this year. When I spoke to my dealer in Bangalore, he said since the car is more than 3 months old, it may not be covered under warranty. I explained him that this is not due to mishandling or anything such. Finally he blamed it on the European design which is not fully customized for India. Finally I closed this issue after paying necessary charges.

Initially I was thinking, it could have been a manufacturing defect. But after reading this message thread, I feel like this could be a design issue. I really don't need to fold the rear view mirrors, except sometime while maneuvering in Bangalore city traffic and while putting the cover on the car. I have a DLS model and it comes with body colored mirrors. It is possible that, at times dealers may not have the right color mirror for my car. So on a lighter note, I am planning to keep few mirrors in my car boot as a backup if I end up in breaking them again.

Gans
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 5:01 pm

I have never heard of this problem in Europe .But I will learn from your lessons and I will not move the mirror when its hot Talking about hot we have 35 deg celsius this week and that is for us a heatwave .I suppose thats cool for you eh haha

Stu Bessy Regs

Last edited by martin245 on Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 5:05 pm

This is seriously irritating.
1 more victim in the rear view scandal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male
Number of posts : 448
City, Country : Kolkata, India.
LOGAN Model : DLS 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 267
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:20 am

Stuart is correct. Before I left india I closed the rear view mirror and put the cover on it. So the plastic snapped once I tried to open it after 3 months. I guarantee u guys i will not let it go so easily. I will rest only after I get back my money from the dealer, the way I got it back when the dealer charged me 2200 bucks instead of 500 for the boot opener. Anyways Saumil dealer did give me an invoice of the same. I will keep u posted about any response I get from Mahindra. Tomorrow I will call the toll free customer care no.
Back to top Go down
ashutosh
ashutosh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:33 am

When I'd gone to give the car for servicing a few months back, there was a customer arguing for the same... a broken door mirror. The dealer (Koncept Motors) finally gave in, and said that they are replacing it as a 'goodwill gesture'.
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 4:03 am

Good spirit bro
Wen u call, do take sum kinda reference number from them for further references..
Back to top Go down
dk
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
dk

Male
Number of posts : 73
LOGAN Model : Mahindra-Renault Logan / Diamond White DLS 1.5 2007
ClubLogan Points : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:08 pm

well my experience about the mirror is different.....
Yesterday i had parked (i was in the car) my car on S.V Road Goregoan(Mumbai)....
The roads are narrow here...
The right side mirror took on many blows from people...people just blindly banged into the mirror...
Then this one came as a surprise...An autorickshaw came by(well everyone knows how they drive, very impatient), the mirror got stuck in between from where the passenger enters the rick...
Well the whole point here is that the mirror didn't break even after being pulled almost 45 degrees in the opposite direction....
Well the rick driver got saved from my blows though..
Back to top Go down
ashutosh
ashutosh

Male

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 8:42 pm

[quote="dk"]the mirror didn't break even after being pulled almost 45 degrees in the opposite direction....quote]
that is one big plus point in my opinion. even i have faced this many times!
Back to top Go down
HITESH
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
HITESH

Male
Number of posts : 460
City, Country : ludhiana,punjab.india.
LOGAN Model : logan dls
ClubLogan Points : 260
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:50 pm

yea mine mirror is also fine....

as in punjab sometimes its more than 40 c

mayb smkinda stress is laid on d mirrors of d victims besides dere presence
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:54 pm

Do not forget there are a lot of other readers on this forum from around the world who can read and write English .So I would like to make this suggestion that we take a bit more care on how we write
This is a forum and not a Mobile Telephone
Stu
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:13 am

Yes guys, I agree with stu on this. I know its very convenient to use short forms and sms lingo at times but please keep in mind that there are many others like Stu and Aali and more from all over the world reading and sharing their experiences. It may be easy for english speaking nations but for others, its as bad as us going through Romanion webpages Wink
So please try and use full english words. Its for the betterment of our forum..
If u dont believe me on the number of visitors from all over the world,
check this:- http://feedjit.com/stats/mahindralogan.forumotion.com/map/?x=44&y=31&w=160&h=94
So many users from non english speaking nations ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Distress Experience   Distress Experience Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Distress Experience
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum :: Mahindra Renault LOGAN - General :: Mahindra-Renault-
Jump to: