ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tyre
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:28 pm by zapping

» Oil smell from A/C vents and Clutch change
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:26 pm by zapping

» 2010 Logan MCV Horn Wiring diagram
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:24 pm by zapping

» General information regarding spare parts
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:18 pm by zapping

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:10 am by vineethev

» TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION
Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:47 pm by mmehra

» Passion and Untiring Efforts
Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:38 pm by martin245

» Which ATF Fluid?
Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:27 pm by mmehra

» Engine stalling in idle and running
Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:31 am by Thomasmathew

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 62 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:20 am
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
20%
 20% [ 130 ]
Mist Silver
19%
 19% [ 123 ]
Fiery Black
18%
 18% [ 119 ]
Sahara Beige
10%
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
20%
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
3%
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
4%
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
3%
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
0%
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
3%
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 662
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245

sAuMiL

vsuprak

Mir...

RajeshNamb

ashutosh

HITESH

nayandeep

tomlai

Logan_loverinDelhi

Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
Side cost steering front LOGAN parts lamp suspension diesel gear brake tyre price spare filter clutch light problem fuel belt timing service petrol tyres Verito manual
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
excess
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 8
City, Country : Mumbai
LOGAN Model : 1.6 GLS
ClubLogan Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:16 am

Just got my Logan 1.6 GLS delivered a week back. Amazing performance, except issues with Gears. Most prominent is changing from 5th to 4th gear. Just cannot get it done! If i try forcibaly, it takes to me 2nd gear. However, i have no issues in changing from 5th to 3rd or from 3rd to 4th gear.

Do you think it could be an issue with my gearbox, or there is something wrong that i am doing? I face no such issues with my Dad's Esteem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kislay
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 33
City, Country : Gurgaon
LOGAN Model : DLS 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Hi,
I have 1.5 DLS and initially I also faced the same issue in gear shift from 5th to 4th.
However now this issue is resolved automatically, I guess this is just initial problem and it gets resolved automatically once we become use to with Logan's gear shift.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:41 pm

My wife has this problem ! All you do is take it out of 5th and it falls into position ready to be pulled back you do not need to PUT it into position try this use your 4 fingers and just pull back letting the gear find its own place (dont grab the top ove rthe gearstick)
sTu
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer

Male
Number of posts : 380
City, Country : Kolkata
LOGAN Model : Logan GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 152
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Twice it happened that when I shifted down from 5th quickly, it went from 5th to REVERSE! The gear shifter didnt get enough time to be in line with the 4th gear!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kislay
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 33
City, Country : Gurgaon
LOGAN Model : DLS 1.5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:21 pm

martin245 wrote:
try this use your 4 fingers and just pull back letting the gear find its own place (dont grab the top ove rthe gearstick)
sTu

Agree with STU's advice, unknowingly I am doing the same. Probably thats why the problem got resolved automatically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1680
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:23 pm

I have a DLS too but havent had any such problem. Dunno how it can be a problem if going to 3rd isnt cause both will be done frm neutral!! Many people make a mistake of assuming that thr 4th is below the 5th gear position but actually it is below the 3rd.
Hope u getting what i mean.

Check this, it may help. Not exactly this though helpful
http://blogs.superstreetonline.com/1005468/miscellaneous/shifting-gears-a-good-technique/index.html

LOGANIZE!! ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ClubLogan.com
excess
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:03 pm

Kislay wrote:
Hi,
I have 1.5 DLS and initially I also faced the same issue in gear shift from 5th to 4th.
However now this issue is resolved automatically, I guess this is just initial problem and it gets resolved automatically once we become use to with Logan's gear shift.

Thanks Kislay, hope thats the case ! Any idea on how long did you take?

sAuMiL wrote:

Many people make a mistake of assuming that thr 4th is below the 5th gear position but actually it is below the 3rd.
Hope u getting what i mean..

Hey Saumil - I am pretty sure that i am doing it right cos i have already been driving an esteem and other vehichles since quite some time. The gear just locks up - just wont move to the 4th one. If i try harder, it goes to 2nd at the cost of the RPM reachin 3.5k +
Even my bro faced the same issue here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:15 pm

You are trying to pull the lever back
Dont PULL the lever just move it out of gear and it sits in the correct place to pull back into 4th .If you pull it back it trys to go into reverse and sooner or later you will have no teeth left on the gears
Stu
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1680
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Yea,
And BTW by correct place, Martin means NEUTRAL, if the problem still persists as u said your brother tried it too, shw it to teh service center..
Do keep us posted.

LOGANIZE!! ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ClubLogan.com
Ashish
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 50
City, Country : Hyderabad
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:09 pm

Excess the gear box in Maruti is a lil different from the Logan. I had a zen earlier and was facing similar problem. Logan gear shift is actually real smooth. I guess its only abt getting used to it. If not I guess show it to the dealer rite away. Gear box is a very critical component and needs to be up and running.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
excess
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:17 am

thanks all for your suggestions Very Happy

I tried as martin said.. n it seems the gear shift is fine... maybe they were just initial hiccups! Glad that the issue got resolved easily.. n spl thanks to every1 out here !

I tried changing from 5th to 4th under various conditions and tried it several times. The gear shift is way too different from maruti... It was all about getting used to a new gal.. perhabs a better version..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dk
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 73
LOGAN Model : Mahindra-Renault Logan / Diamond White DLS 1.5 2007
ClubLogan Points : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:37 pm

i had the problem when i used to shift from 1st to 2nd....
the problem occurs rarely now......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sachinp
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 35
City, Country : Pune, India
LOGAN Model : Verito D6 2012 Refresh
ClubLogan Points : 41
Registration date : 2012-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Tue May 07, 2013 6:06 pm

I had this trouble during my first few days with the Verito. I owned a Maruti800 before this and was not used to 5 gears. In the maruti whenever I needed to downshift from 3 to 2, i would exert a pressure both downward and to the left so as to push it in the second position. I was using the same method on the Verito to shift from 5 to 4. This caused me to get into 2 directly from 5, at times. After some experience I realized that only the downward push is required and not the push towards left. It automatically finds its place. Once you have realized this, it is very easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Wed May 08, 2013 2:20 pm

My god dont you guys read your handbooks ! ? You can cause some serious damage with a 5th to 2nd Gear change !!!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
sachinp
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 35
City, Country : Pune, India
LOGAN Model : Verito D6 2012 Refresh
ClubLogan Points : 41
Registration date : 2012-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Wed May 08, 2013 4:28 pm

Yes. of course. We know that. I as talking about how may previous habit caused me to get into 2nd inadvertently. It was not done intentionally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   Wed May 08, 2013 7:29 pm

We had one guy in here who was positive Hid Logan was broken for that reason !What I do not understand is how do your Car salesman Sell cars ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   

Back to top Go down

Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1