ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_lcap20%sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_lcap19%sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_lcap18%sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_lcap10%sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_lcap20%sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_lcap3%sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_lcap4%sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_lcap3%sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_lcap0%sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_lcapsound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Voting_barsound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_lcapsound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Voting_barsound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
belt boot coolant Plug engine clutch sound diesel BRAKE sensor filter suspension manual logan front verito price petrol fuel alternator light pump radiator Starting gear axle
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Squeaking sound from tyre.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zapping
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
zapping

Male
Number of posts : 96
City, Country : India
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 116
Registration date : 2012-11-26

sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Empty
PostSubject: Squeaking sound from tyre.   sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:43 pm

There is a squeaking sound from the from right tyre. Can hear it when I go very slow on first gear with the right side window down. The last time the tyre was removed was when the tyres were changed Jan/2013. I tried removing the tyre and refitting it again but does not seem to go. Any pointers please.

This weekend I did a DIY with oil change. I was never satisfied with what they do at the service center. Even after they change it if i check the stick it still appear black. But not now. I changed it saturday afternoon. When i checked today Monday morning the color was not black as before.

The oil drain plug, the service guys had royally messed it. You need a 8mm square Allen key to remove it. I think they did it with all sorts of tools. There was no grove left to fit in a tool. I had to take it to a local garage and the guy there used chisel and hammer to get the screw remove. Wonder how the service center guys used to remove it.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking sound from tyre.   sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Bloody Hell I would not go back to them ! and I bet the reason your Oil was Black is because they did not change the filter so the Half ltr Oil in the filter mixed with the New oil and makes it black
Now to "SQUEAKY"
Could this be a bit of dirt in the right side Brake ?? Try a full Emergency stop (on a secluded road) and have another listen

I also on my Logan noticed a Squeak on a full right lock especially noticable in Garages (PARKING LOTS ) I just got used to it and dont notice it any more !I cannot imagine the tire will squeak is it like a eek eek eek noise or is it continuous ? also feel the wheel rim after a short drive (Try not to brake a lot) and if the right is hotter it could be the brake . DO THE FULL BRAKE TEST FIRST !

ALWAYS Change the Oil filter when Changing the OIL its cheap enough
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
zapping
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
zapping

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking sound from tyre.   sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:14 pm

The brake works good. I did try the brake test you said braking is fine. But while braking at slow speed there is the particular sound from the front brakes.

The sound from the front-right side wheel is not creaking noise but a squeaky one. The sound happens like its completing a full rotation, you hear the sound then it goes away then comes back like the wheel is completing full rotation.

I'll try taking it to the local garage nearby my house. I have about 500km trip coming during the weekend.

On the oil change part, the filter too was changed. I cannot help avoiding because its Mahindra's authorized service center. I have tried enquiring and complaining about oil change but all they said was diesel cars you can never get a clear oil change it turns blackish after the initial oil flow itself. Damn Bluffers its better to do a DIY with oil change. Not at all a big task and the time it takes is the luxury you allow the oil to drain out completely.

Only one issue what to do with the old oil. Does any of you know of a way to dispose it. Smile or is that some sort of a recycling place.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking sound from tyre.   sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:43 pm

In Germany if I buy 5 ltrs of Oil they have to take Back 5 ltrs of old oil and dispose of it themselfs
Back to top Go down
zapping
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
zapping

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking sound from tyre.   sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Wow, now thats a nice arrangement!! Is this by law or does the retailers do that as a part of marketing.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking sound from tyre.   sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:07 pm

It is LAW !! and we take all our empty Bottles back Plastic and Glass and we get some money back Ie A tin of Cola costs 1€ 20 and when I take the can back I get 20 cents back so the Cola costed 1€ We have a Machine in the shop where we take the tins and bottles to and put them into it ! AND we can take them to ANY Shop that sells Drinks ! So yep its a good idea and you dont see tins and Bottles in the streets or in the country
Watch this film ! Kids go out round the Bins and Parks and get the ones that have been left out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmhUdctSC0Y
Back to top Go down
zapping
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
zapping

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking sound from tyre.   sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Had been to the local mechanic and the sound was indeed from the brake pad and dusting or cleaning would have done good. But he convinced me to replace the pad too. The pads that can original with the car I had changed it at about 45,000 Kms and at that time about 8,000 Kms worth padding was left in it.

I had changed it at the Mahindra service center then. But the changed pads has done only about 30,000 kms but it looks worn out and I felt about 10,000 kms was left in the pads. But I was in 2 minds whether to go for the change since its worn out so fast.

I think from the blog here the pads are normally good till 50,000kms. I wonder if its the pad quality or if its due to the driving.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking sound from tyre.   sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 7:19 pm

30000km think about it you guys drive in lots of traffic so your brakes are getting used non stop If I drive to the City Of Karlsruhe its about 15 km away and I dont have to brake a lot ! Now if I was in India I suppose for the same distance i would be braking lots of times
Cheap Pads are not worth it really for you they wear out quick and you can get Brake fade from some ! Brake fade is a frightning hing where the brakes get hot and decide not to give any braking power anymore ! I had this in a VW Golf once Very dangerous
Back to top Go down
zapping
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
zapping

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking sound from tyre.   sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:01 pm

Thought so they must be using cheap pads otherwise how can the pad that comes with the car last about 15,000 kms more compared to the ones they have changed at Mahindra service center.

Does having grooved discs set help. Maybe i can change the discs also next time. Is it easy to do a DIY on changing the brake sets or is it tough. I think i can get set of good discs and pads from eBay maybe.

Whenever i ask for a brake cleaning and servicing at Mahindra they always say about leaking rear brake assembly and they charge about Rs 2,000 to 2,500 for it. Is there a way to find or check leaks myself.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking sound from tyre.   sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:23 pm

If you can find one that sends to India you can get disks and Pads dead cheap ! so cheap in fact that I always change the disk with the Pads
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squeaking sound from tyre.   sound - Squeaking sound from tyre. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Squeaking sound from tyre.
Page 1 of 1