ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_lcapProblem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Voting_barProblem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_lcapProblem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Voting_barProblem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
fuel alternator diesel logan petrol engine price front sound sensor verito axle radiator pump filter suspension gear light manual Plug coolant boot belt BRAKE Starting clutch
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges

Go down 
+16
adamkathy23
ashutosh
Thomas Mathew
rdr
diwnaras
Logan_loverinDelhi
RajeshNamb
tomlai
vsuprak
nilanjan
Aali
Dushie
martin245
HITESH
sAuMiL
dk
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:15 am

Ok Gimme some time to find out n revert Smile
Back to top Go down
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male
Number of posts : 357
City, Country : Chennai, India
LOGAN Model : Mahindra Logan Edge 1.6 GLSx ABS
ClubLogan Points : 302
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:14 pm

I took it to my service center today and the service advisor was not at all surprised about the tyre problems.

Only surprised that all 4 tyres have gone kaput at the same time!

He said, they should be able to replace it under warranty. I am taking the car back on thursday to let them do their stuff..
Back to top Go down
HITESH
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
HITESH

Male
Number of posts : 460
City, Country : ludhiana,punjab.india.
LOGAN Model : logan dls
ClubLogan Points : 260
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:10 pm

till now havent seen my tyres in such details.....

will definately take it to nearby michelin autoserve to get them check
Back to top Go down
Thomas Mathew
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Thomas Mathew

Male
Number of posts : 24
City, Country : New delhi, India
LOGAN Model : yet not
ClubLogan Points : 21
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:17 pm

Jk tyres vectra what happened to it ? ohh my god surely it affect the tyre business a lot .Pls try MRF,Apollo aclere.Good performance and milage.
Back to top Go down
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:36 pm

The Mahindra service guys asked me to approach JK tyres directly (as it would take less time).

And the JK Tyres service engineer rejected the claim. He says the depressions are just the seam of the tyre where the inner layers (in the radial) overlap.

I'm waiting for his rejection report. The Mahindra service center guys seem to think that it is a problem definitely and want to take it up with Mahindra.

Will post the rejection report once I get it.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:17 pm

PHOTOS GUYS
Get some photos up of these tyres and also the make of them
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:08 pm

The make is JK Tyres (Vectra). These are the stock tyres on all the LOGANs in India.

I will put up photos soon.
Back to top Go down
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:58 am

Here is a pic. I have circled the area where it is visible. look at the space between the 2 Xs. Like I said before, best way to check it is to gently rub that area with your fingers... Not very clear in the photos

Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Marked10
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:16 pm

Yes I can see the bulge the little rim round the bottom of the tread is definatly uneven
Back to top Go down
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:42 pm

Any idea if this is fairly normal with radials?

I want to be sure that it is actually a defect and will have safety and handling issues before I start pushing them hard.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:04 pm

It is a defect !!!! a photo from the side would be great then we could see how far it bulges out
Back to top Go down
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:40 pm

I got the rejection report and in the comments section it says:

Splice joint visible on sidewall of all tyre. In case of any manufacturing defect, tyre will be replaced under warranty policy

The worst part is that the report mentions the tyre model as "Tornado" whereas it is "Vectra" on all LOGANs. Just shows how competent the examiner from JK Tyres was. Going to definitely do something about this.
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:05 pm

Spoke to my Technical Guys.
Tyre bulge is definitely a manufacturing defect.
There are safety related issues also. Especially on bad roads, cornering, braking. (in short all driving conditions).

If it is within warranty, manufacturer should oblige by replacing them (usually covered under tyre manufacturer's warranty).

In case warranty is expired, you can approach through the dealer or company directly, to take up your case. (Not the most convenient way as resulats a re hardly seen after the warranty expires)

Sad
Back to top Go down
RajeshNamb
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
RajeshNamb

Male
Number of posts : 655
City, Country : Bangalore, India
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:15 pm

As confirmed by Surya, tyre bulge is indeed a tyre defect. Write to the company and point out the discrepancies in the report with regard to the tyre model. Mark a copy to MahindraRenault as well.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:12 pm

Here in Germany the tyres are under warrenty BUT not from Dacia it is the firm who makes the tyres who have to cough up
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male
Number of posts : 1680
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:41 am

thses bumps may be manufacturing defects but can also be caused by driving on very bad roads or contact with sharp objects! If such cuts are found around the bump, the manufacturer wont replace it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ClubLogan.com
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:19 am

This is VERY true they can be caused by driving through potholes and up kerbstones ! You need to treat the tyres very carefully and dont slam the car into holes and up the kerbs
Back to top Go down
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:52 am

sAuMiL wrote:
thses bumps may be manufacturing defects but can also be caused by driving on very bad roads or contact with sharp objects! If such cuts are found around the bump, the manufacturer wont replace it!

The person who examined the tyres confirmed that it was not impact damage but it was due to the manufacturing. Thing is, he also says there are no issues with this since it is only the splice joint visible on the outside.

Definitely need to get a second opinion from a neutral person.
Back to top Go down
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:58 am

Attaching a copy of the rejection report. Look at "Tornado" in the model column. "Tornado" is the stock tyre on swifts.

And anyone have info on some email address I can use to send this to JK Tyres? Can't find anything on their website. And is it ok to directly send this to the Mahindra-Renault CEO? Can't find any customer support email address for Mahindra-Renault either.

Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Jk-tyr10
Back to top Go down
ashutosh
ashutosh

Male
Number of posts : 471
City, Country : NOIDA
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLE
ClubLogan Points : 40
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:11 pm

In most of these cases they blame the driver driving on bad roads recklessly as a reason. But you can still take this issue with them.
Back to top Go down
adamkathy23
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
adamkathy23

Male
Number of posts : 200
City, Country : New Delhi
LOGAN Model : GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 205
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:18 pm

Also ask them to write M A H I N D R A and not M A H E N D R A .......... lol!

N
Back to top Go down
eskaysingh
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
eskaysingh

Male
Number of posts : 15
City, Country : Durgapur, WB, India
LOGAN Model : GLX 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 10
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:48 pm

I know about one of my friend here at Durgapur (WB) who had the same bulging problem in all 4 tyres fitted originally with his SWIFT. He complained through Maruti dealer and all 4 tyres were replaced in 2 months.

NB: The problem manifests into jerky movements at high speeds (90+)
Back to top Go down
HITESH
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
HITESH

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:13 am

i got the tires checked today...

pheww saved Embarassed
Back to top Go down
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:19 pm

I got it verified by "XL Tyre Point" in Chennai. And they said this is not a problem.

Will not affect anything (handling or safety).

I've also done some 700km at upto 120kmph speeds with these tyres and don't feel any vibration or drag.
Back to top Go down
HITESH
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
HITESH

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:34 pm

i got all 4 tyres changed although the bulges were ot the main issue

i drove upto 29000 kms on stock tyres and they were getting blunt and very noisy

so thot of getting them changed and thus paid 3000 for all tyres and now i have all four new tyres.

if you doubt that some humming noise in your cabin has increased then it is because the rubber is getting off

get new tyres and enjoy a silent cabin

i will drive these tyres maybe upto 30,000 kms more and then who knows mayb papa gets me a new car Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges   Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem with tyres: two tyres develop buldges
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next