ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_lcap20%Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_lcap19%Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_lcap18%Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_lcap10%Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_lcap20%Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_lcap3%Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_lcap4%Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_lcap0%Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_lcapSmell of pertrol in my car Voting_barSmell of pertrol in my car Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
Smell of pertrol in my car Vote_lcapSmell of pertrol in my car Voting_barSmell of pertrol in my car Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
Plug radiator pump filter BRAKE logan verito sensor Starting petrol front fuel axle engine coolant diesel price clutch alternator belt gear suspension sound manual light boot
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Smell of pertrol in my car

Go down 
+2
Mir...
chanakyareborn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chanakyareborn
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
chanakyareborn

Male
Number of posts : 7
City, Country : New Delhi, India
LOGAN Model : GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Smell of pertrol in my car Empty
PostSubject: Smell of pertrol in my car   Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:37 pm

I have a 1.4 Petrol version which has done approx 11000 kms over the past 6 months since purchase. Fantastic car no doubt but have been facing one peculiar problem. Some times there is a strong smell of petrol inside the cabin and I have noticed this only in the summers (i.e with the a/c running). Anyone facing a similar problem?? may be we can share some notes on this
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male
Number of posts : 659
City, Country : Ahmedabad, Gujarat
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 624
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Smell of pertrol in my car   Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 4:38 pm

I have 5600 kms old 1.4 GLX which i have driven 100% on A.C. however so far no smell of any petrol has ever surfaced.

check one thing. are you getting proper mileage? cross verify that petrol is not leaking due to some leaking pipage.
Back to top Go down
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male
Number of posts : 37
City, Country : New Delhi
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLE
ClubLogan Points : 47
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Smell of pertrol in my car   Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:51 pm

I am facing the same problem, during afternoon when the temperature is high, strong petrol fume smell starts coming. I have shown at service dealer and they say they have to open the dashboard and check whether the a/c fresh air ducting is closing properly or not. They are wrong.

The problem is with the Vapor canister just below near to the right headlamp beam. It is emanating smell at high temperature. In all probability it has sensor which must be connected with engine control computer unit. Something is wrong here.

Have written to mahindra's wherein trying to find if this can be diagnosed by there software. The idea is to get the dealer to first check with computer rather then just go about opening the car, which somehow I have started to feel they are more likely to do.

Today has been a cool day in Delhi in terms of temperature and there has not been the petrol smell. Now you too are from Delhi, what has your experience been with the service dealers?
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male
Number of posts : 380
City, Country : Kolkata
LOGAN Model : Logan GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 152
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Smell of pertrol in my car   Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:21 pm

https://mahindralogan.forumotion.com/technical-f6/fuel-line-leak-t344.htm

Check my post on fuel line leak, ask the service guy to make sure the fuel line is secure.

Yes, smells from engine and external smells does enter the cabin in the Logan, I have taped up the grill below the windshield wipers to seal off this
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Smell of pertrol in my car   Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:01 pm

I suppose you know this but dont fill your cars over the limit (meaning when the pump stops you stop) you can get 8 ltrs extra in but in your temp it will expand out
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Smell of pertrol in my car   Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Smell of pertrol in my car 3672393808_9f4439658d_bSmell of pertrol in my car 3671567165_d2bf71257b_b

And here has super Stu a bit of info for you regarding the Filter
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
Parag
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Parag

Male
Number of posts : 168
City, Country : Pune
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 214
Registration date : 2009-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Smell of pertrol in my car   Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:04 pm

I had a similar problem in my 1.4.
The service guy said the fuel pipe below the rear seat sometimes gets crushed under the seat if not mounted properly.

I saw the seat removed. The fuel outlet pipe was indeed in an awkward position. However the service guy also removed the fuel inlet pipe to the engine, cleaned and reinstalled it.

It's been two months, I've not faced problem since.... not sure if they identified the problem properly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cluster-one.net
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male

PostSubject: Re: Smell of pertrol in my car   Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:17 pm

Parag, the fuel pipes can be seen when one removes the rear seat and black plastic cover on the chassis. Only then does one gets access to pipes. The pipes do not come under seats and there is no way that fuel pipe can get crushed. What you must have seen must be the wiring or lid/boot opening cables which come under the seat.

What I have observed, with my car is, that for some reason during high temperature/heat the fuel vapor absorber does not work properly. The smell starts coming from the breather pipe of the vapor canister. When outside temperature is low/cool then there is no petrol fume smell coming from the breather pipe of vapor canister.
Back to top Go down
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male

PostSubject: Re: Smell of pertrol in my car   Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:20 pm

Stu, the problem of my car has been with vapor canister. When fuel smell has been there in my car, it has had fuel below 24 liters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smell of pertrol in my car   Smell of pertrol in my car Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smell of pertrol in my car
Page 1 of 1