ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_lcap20%Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_lcap19%Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_lcap18%Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_lcap10%Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_lcap20%Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_lcap3%Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_lcap4%Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_lcap3%Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_lcap0%Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_lcapSlight smell of burning inside cabin Voting_barSlight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
Slight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_lcapSlight smell of burning inside cabin Voting_barSlight smell of burning inside cabin Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
radiator coolant clutch pump sound price axle filter sensor Starting fuel front engine light gear BRAKE Plug petrol logan verito suspension belt boot manual diesel alternator
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Slight smell of burning inside cabin

Go down 
+6
martin245
dtandon
Mir...
RajeshNamb
HITESH
mmehra
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male
Number of posts : 37
City, Country : New Delhi
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLE
ClubLogan Points : 47
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Slight smell of burning inside cabin Empty
PostSubject: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi,

Recently bought logan 1.4 GLE and
have driven it for 3000 kms. Have been facing a peculiar problem of
smell coming inside the car cabin, which seems to be like something is
getting hot and gives smell of burning. The smell seems to come from
engine bay into the A/C ducts. It is very hard to find what it can be.
On first service it was notified to dealer, but they were not able find
out. Has anybody faced same problem?
Back to top Go down
HITESH
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
HITESH

Male
Number of posts : 460
City, Country : ludhiana,punjab.india.
LOGAN Model : logan dls
ClubLogan Points : 260
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:44 pm

as such no problem is faced in my car....... Question
Back to top Go down
RajeshNamb
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
RajeshNamb

Male
Number of posts : 655
City, Country : Bangalore, India
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:12 pm

Get this thoroughly checked up and have them raise a job card for this so in future if you need to claim anything the job card will prove handy. Were all the windows up when you noticed this smell and was the A/C on?
Back to top Go down
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:17 pm

Yes the windows are up with the A/C on and this is a concurrent thing of slight smell of something getting hot which is there.

I will have to take time out from my work schedule and try and sit there at the dealership and get them to find what it is. These kind of things irritate, I hope nothing serious is there.

Already the power steering hydraulic pump and pulley have been replaced at 2000 kms. due to fault in pulley as it started to wobble. since the smell was there before the pulley went bad, I thought it to be the reason for the hot smell.
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male
Number of posts : 659
City, Country : Ahmedabad, Gujarat
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 624
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 11:55 am

if there is a persistent burning smell there are chances that some part is frictioning.

if the smell is more like rubber smelling, chances are some belt may not be functioning properly on its predecided route.

however correct details can be had only on thorough checking by the srevice guys.
Back to top Go down
dtandon
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
dtandon

Male
Number of posts : 77
City, Country : Bangalore/Lucknow
LOGAN Model : DLS (1.5 Diesel)
ClubLogan Points : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Also check the engine bay for signs of oil leakage - Engine oil/other oils burn with a nasty smell if spilled onto the hotter parts of the engine (exhaust manifold etc).
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:06 am

you say you have only driven 3000km if this is so have you driven fast or under load ??? If not you could still have the preservative grease on the exhaust system and this stinks for a few Miles if you get the exhaust hot! this is normal .Take the car out for a 100km round trip and drive it hard (But not over 3000 RPM ) as its still new and you will with any luck burn off this Preservative ......I had this on mine and in fact I had it also on the Brand new exhaust system on my ROVER 825 years ago

yes me again
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:14 am

Temperature in Delhi is 44 degree Celsius which is about 111 degrees Fahrenheit. Engine and exhaust temperature is very high in this heat. The car now has done 3600 kms. and residue on exhaust components must have been burnt.

Most likely it now seems like it is exhaust gas leakage which is there. Would let you know after the mechanics diagnose.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Yes but an exhaust gas smells like exhaust gas If you know what I mean .How about looking Below the pully on for the power steering which you say has been exchanged .could this be leaking
Here is a good way of finding smoke in the engine compartment
go in a Garage Pref without windows .Before here get the motor red hot
then drive in the garage close all doors TURN off the motor and now get a Torch and shine it just above the motor if there is any smoke you will see it
you wont see it in the daylight
Worth a try anywy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male
Number of posts : 380
City, Country : Kolkata
LOGAN Model : Logan GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 152
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:50 pm

Yes, further to what Stuart has said, what does it smell like?

A hot greasy smell could be from the steering column grease/foot pedals.

A burning insulation smell could be from an overheating AC blower fan motor.

An acrid ozone smell could be an electrical short anywhere inside dashboard/steering column lights wiper electrics.

Plain old hot engine smell could be entering through our now famously leaky AC Fresh Air vents from the engine compartment itself!
Back to top Go down
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:02 am

It's not greasy, neither it is rubber burning nor insulation.

For me it is difficult to find what it is. I will show it at dealership, lets see what they find.
Back to top Go down
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:35 pm

Tomlai I have been going through your earlier post on external smell coming inside the cabin. Did you face problem of petrol fume smell too coming inside the cabin?
Back to top Go down
RajeshNamb
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
RajeshNamb

Male
Number of posts : 655
City, Country : Bangalore, India
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 7:29 pm

Just a thought. Have you made sure that the hand brake is not engaged while you came across this smell?
Back to top Go down
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 7:57 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
ghostbustor
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
ghostbustor

Male
Number of posts : 13
City, Country : Mumbai
LOGAN Model : 1.6 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:20 pm

The same problem occured with my vehicle after 3000Kms. My car broke down on the highway all of a sudden. When I opened the bonnett I came know that the engine belt (belt near the engine, I don't know what to call it) was torned off. I eventually had to call Logan emergency no. to tow my car. I don't know why it happened. But technician said that there was some missalignment while fitting the compressor (FYI: I changed the compressor. Refer to my previos post: A/c noise). Was this workmanship fault or any other, I don't know. But that caused me trouble. May be you should check the same thing.
Back to top Go down
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:34 pm

Thanks, I am waiting for something to show itself, as I have shown at dealership and they have not been able to locate problem. I do check the belt between few days, that too seems to be fine. The car's compressor till now is fine, does not make too much of noise. Well, only option left is to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
JYOTSANA
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
JYOTSANA

Male
Number of posts : 6
City, Country : Ludhiana,India
LOGAN Model : DLE
ClubLogan Points : 6
Registration date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Note from Moderator: Please avoid posting in threads with different topics. Search for existing threads or create a new thread.
Back to top Go down
MyCoolLogan
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
MyCoolLogan

Male
Number of posts : 175
City, Country : Chennai, India
LOGAN Model : DLSX
ClubLogan Points : 207
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 11:36 pm

mmehra wrote:
Thanks, I am waiting for something to show itself, as I have shown at dealership and they have not been able to locate problem. I do check the belt between few days, that too seems to be fine. The car's compressor till now is fine, does not make too much of noise. Well, only option left is to wait and see.

Mmehra..does the smell happen only if you do a sudden acceleration or drive under heavy load? If so it might be the clutch, For me too this happens when I do a sudden acceleration..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slight smell of burning inside cabin   Slight smell of burning inside cabin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slight smell of burning inside cabin
Page 1 of 1