ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_lcap20%engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_lcap19%engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_lcap18%engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_lcap10%engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_lcap20%engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_lcap3%engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_lcap4%engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_lcap3%engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_lcap0%engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_lcapengine - Growling noise while starting engine Voting_barengine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
engine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_lcapengine - Growling noise while starting engine Voting_barengine - Growling noise while starting engine Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
filter diesel sensor Starting belt manual petrol logan light coolant alternator fuel clutch BRAKE radiator gear price axle boot engine front suspension verito pump sound Plug
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Growling noise while starting engine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male
Number of posts : 448
City, Country : Kolkata, India.
LOGAN Model : DLS 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 267
Registration date : 2008-01-14

engine - Growling noise while starting engine Empty
PostSubject: Growling noise while starting engine   engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:39 am

Hi,
I am experiencing this new problem in my Logan since yesterday. When I start the engine there is some kind of growling noise and then it goes away. However there is no noise while driving. I visited the workshop and they only heard the noise and told me to that there is the problem with the self-starter pinion and the self-starter housing. However these child parts do not come separately for Renault Logan and I need to replace the entire starter assembly which cost around 15k. They also advised to change it as soon as possible as sooner or later my car will fail to start. Please need your views on this guys...
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Growling noise while starting engine   engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 10:51 pm

It sounds like the starter solenoid sticking what happens is you turn the key and the cogs on the starter are thrust out onto the flywheel turning it and the engine when finished the cogs fly back on there own ! yours sound like they are sticking

SO what do we do ! Easy Peasy on my 14 MPI the Starter motor is on the front side and only has I think two bolts ! so its remove battery remove starter have a look and see if you can clean it with some spirits (No not whiskey ) you can send me that if this helps :bounce:and put it back in and try it out again ! Then if its still the same you buy a new recon starter motor and fit it yourself Or find a Scrapped Dacia Or Renault with the same motor ( I think the starter is from Mitsubishi) look what one costs here in Europe
This firm May ship to India !!! you must contact them work out the price with postage against your prices its 6593 Rupees to buy new http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DACIA-Logan-MCV-1-5-dCi-DIESEL-2006-ON-STARTER-MOTOR-BRAND-NEW-/360603178267?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53f59fd51b
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Growling noise while starting engine   engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 2:37 am

martin245 wrote:
It sounds like the starter solenoid sticking what happens is you turn the key and the cogs on the starter are thrust out onto the flywheel turning it and the engine when finished the cogs fly back on there own ! yours sound like they are sticking

SO what do we do ! Easy Peasy on my 14 MPI the Starter motor is on the front side and only has I think two bolts ! so its remove battery remove starter have a look and see if you can clean it with some spirits (No not whiskey ) you can send me that if this helps :bounce:and put it back in and try it out again ! Then if its still the same you buy a new recon starter motor and fit it yourself Or find a Scrapped Dacia Or Renault with the same motor ( I think the starter is from Mitsubishi) look what one costs here in Europe
This firm May ship to India !!! you must contact them work out the price with postage against your prices its 6593 Rupees to buy new http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DACIA-Logan-MCV-1-5-dCi-DIESEL-2006-ON-STARTER-MOTOR-BRAND-NEW-/360603178267?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53f59fd51b

Thanks Stu for the details. I will definitely check the starter motor. However fortunately, the noise lasted for 1 day and now it's no more since last 7 days.
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Growling noise while starting engine   engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Ultimately my car broke down,,,Sad in the middle of the road. Needed to change the entire self starter assembly as the child parts were not available from Renault. The entire assembly cost me Rs 17000. This is where Mahindra sucks. Why the hell are the child parts e.g carbon holder, self pinion and self casing not available and one needs to buy the entire assembly.

Also facing another new problem, my AC is not turning on sometimes. Most of the times it's working. But if I switch off the engine and AC at road signals, then again when I start the engine and then the AC, AC does not turn on. And this is happening intermittently. The service center guy said he needs to check the entire wiring. Also he scared the hell out of me saying that if it's the problem of an electrical part (I cannot recall the name) which controls the entire wiring, it will cost me heavily to replace the same.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Growling noise while starting engine   engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:58 am

Why did you not clean the starter like I said ??????? It would explode if it was stuck on and you could have saved a lot of tears and money

also is it not normal that when you turn off the Motor the AC has to be turned back on again ? like the demister on the back window
Stu
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Growling noise while starting engine   engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:29 pm

martin245 wrote:
Why did you not clean the starter like I said ??????? It would explode if it was stuck on and you could have saved a lot of tears and money

also is it not normal that when you turn off the Motor the AC has to be turned back on again ? like the demister on the back window
Stu

Well.. before the breakdown I asked the workshop service guy to clean the self starter motor. But as per them, the since the self pinion has the problem, opening the self starter, cleaning it and refitting it back will increase the chance of the entire unit getting burnt. When I asked them, how I myself can reach to the motor, they instructed me to take out a lot of staff (like axle among one of them) to )reach to the motor.

And now regarding the AC, here sometimes I need to wait at the signals for about 10-15 mins. During that time I switch of AC first and then the engine. And when signal turns green I switch on engine first and then the AC. What should I do apart from this?
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Growling noise while starting engine   engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 4:16 am

10 to 15 mins at traffic lights ??? Get a Bike ! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Growling noise while starting engine   engine - Growling noise while starting engine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Growling noise while starting engine
Page 1 of 1