ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_lcap20%ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_lcap19%ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_lcap18%ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_lcap10%ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_lcap20%ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_lcap3%ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_lcap4%ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_lcap0%ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_lcapODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Voting_barODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_lcapODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Voting_barODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
coolant axle manual radiator diesel pump sensor verito alternator logan belt petrol fuel BRAKE sound light Plug engine front clutch gear filter price Starting suspension boot
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
niftyneurotic
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
niftyneurotic

Male
Number of posts : 6
City, Country : DELHI, INDIA
LOGAN Model : GLX 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 10
Registration date : 2011-12-30

ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Empty
PostSubject: ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4   ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 7:14 pm

HI

IS THERE ANY WAY TO UPGRADE THE ODOMETER/TRIP METER ETC IN OLD GLX1.4 (2007 MODEL) TO THE LATEST ONE -- MY CAR DOESNT SHOW THE MILAGE/ DISTANCE TO COVER ETC.. WHICH WAS AVAILABLE ON THE TOP MOST MODEL AT THAT TIME - BUT IS NOW A STD FEATURE WITH THE NEW VERITO!!!

Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4   ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:32 am

They removed it because it was giving false readings ! and also people never knew how to work it thinking that moment fuel was the same as Total fuel per KM and to save all the complaints they stopped it ! I suppose you could get one from Rumania though !
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
sidtalgeri
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
sidtalgeri

Male
Number of posts : 70
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLE
ClubLogan Points : 98
Registration date : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Re: ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4   ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:37 am

While on this subject of ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4, (as I am also a proud owner of GLX1.4),I was shown this trick by the service advisor in the year 2008 when I took the delivery of the vehicle.

This is something really awesome for people who do not have the top of the line DLS / GLS Variants. We can actually get a numeric reading of the litres of fuel remaining in the fuel tank

But this does not seem to work now, and has made me feel that is there is a loose connect in the odo wiring.

Nevertheless I mention the steps show by him to check the remaining fuel left in the tank:

For that follow these instructions:
1. Keep Engine Off.
2. Press the Trip Button (there's only one there)
3. Keeping the button pressed, turn the ignition key to turn on the Panel (dont start the car though)
4. Keep the button pressed until you enter "Diagnostic Mode" where you will see the Tachometer & Speedometer move wierdly in steps.
5. Press the Trip button again, you will see all the LCD segments displayed
6. The next click there is a number with a small 'L' at the bottom of it. That’s the fuel remaining in the tank!

I had a full tank on 28.01.2012 and the fuel tank indicator showed all the bars. I did not drive for a week and on 04.02.2012 drove for about 27km and after returning back saw the the first bar of the fuel indicator was showing empty. This freaked me out. For just 27 kms, 05 ltrs of petrol. No, something was not right.

I again followed the steps mentioned above only to see all the bars being restored back again.

But was not able to get the reading of the ltrs of petrol left in the tank as it should have shown after following all the steps mentioned above.

Can anyone advise if it is a faulty cable or something that needs repair to get the readings correct?

Thanks and regards,
Siddharth Talageri
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4   ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:48 pm

Its Ok !! The New cars have a New computer readout on the dash and I think you will also see you have NO constant fuel consumption anymore and Just a overall Fuel consumption they removed a couple of things due to customers not understanding it and constantly complaining
I did that a couple of years ago with the TEST Hell it frightened the shit out of me affraid I though OH no What have I done now haha Its good though you see that everything is in working order
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4   ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:47 pm

A word of caution though.

In case you are getting your car filled at the station, DO NOT try to see the fuel guage level rise by the method described above.

More often than not, teh guage will not raise and you will be left with your fuel guage showing the same value till your car next reaches that minimum level of fuel. So, if you pumped in say 20 litres of fuel and tried to see if the bar raised along with it, you may have to wait till you use up those 20 ltrs of fuel before the indicator becomes normal again.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4   ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Thats true DO NOT FILL UP with the ignition on because it will not register the input
Back to top Go down
sidtalgeri
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
sidtalgeri

Male
Number of posts : 70
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLE
ClubLogan Points : 98
Registration date : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Re: ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4   ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Thanks Fellas, I never fill the tank with the engine on & neither do I relie on the fuel guage and prefere to take readings from full tank to full tank by manulally calulating the distance covered from between the two fillings.

But how do ppl who have the low end variants like the 1.4 GLX know about how much fuel remains in the tank from a distance to empty tank. In city limits it is ok but what about while on the drive, this is something that becomes crucial, so crucial that one can take a decision to carry a jerry can with fuel in it.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4   ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:56 am

Reserve thats the yellow light has about 8 ltrs in it so that should be OK for 100 km
and we did not mean with the engine RUNNING we mean with the ign turned on and engine NOT running
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4   ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ODOMETER UPGRADE ON GLX1.4
Page 1 of 1