ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
Air condition - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Air condition - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
Air condition - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Air condition - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
Air condition - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Air condition - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
Air condition - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Air condition - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
Air condition - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Air condition - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
Air condition - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Air condition - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
Air condition - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Air condition - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
Air condition - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Air condition - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
Air condition - Page 2 Vote_lcapAir condition - Page 2 Voting_barAir condition - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
Air condition - Page 2 Vote_lcapAir condition - Page 2 Voting_barAir condition - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
price diesel clutch boot filter gear BRAKE Plug fuel suspension Starting alternator pump belt petrol light engine sound radiator front manual axle verito sensor logan coolant
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Air condition

Go down 
+5
Mir...
RajeshNamb
vsuprak
martin245
Thomasmathew
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male
Number of posts : 659
City, Country : Ahmedabad, Gujarat
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 624
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Air condition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:43 pm

I have got the A.C. serviced. I do not know whether servicing is same as overhauling. However they never informed of any such leakage thing and neither did anything get leak.
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male
Number of posts : 448
City, Country : Kolkata, India.
LOGAN Model : DLS 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 267
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:45 pm

They tried to find the root cause by elimination method by changing all the AC parts from another car and also topping up the refrigerant. Ultimately it's the ECU that was found to be the main culprit. So I need to change it. The cost for the same is Rs 27,000 Evil or Very Mad and I doubt if this can be available in local stores and if available how trustworthy those will be.
Back to top Go down
adamkathy23
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
adamkathy23

Male
Number of posts : 200
City, Country : New Delhi
LOGAN Model : GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 205
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:50 pm

Vsuprak..........I have the same issue. Around 6 months ago, i realized the AC, when switched on, would not throw cool air. I paid about 1000 rs and got the refrigerant refilled. However, after 3 months, same thing happened and since then it is the same. 

Also, When i press the AC button, the light comes up, but i do not feel the compressor kicking in. And after a while it starts throwing up hot air. Not really sure what to do. 

Peace,

N
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Get your AC serviced Adam.
Will set you back by about ~6k given no parts need to be changed.
But they wil need to keep your car overnight as it requires opening up the dashboard.

Surya
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:55 pm

adamkathy23 wrote:
Vsuprak..........I have the same issue. Around 6 months ago, i realized the AC, when switched on, would not throw cool air. I paid about 1000 rs and got the refrigerant refilled. However, after 3 months, same thing happened and since then it is the same. 

Also, When i press the AC button, the light comes up, but i do not feel the compressor kicking in. And after a while it starts throwing up hot air. Not really sure what to do. 

Peace,

N

I am having the exact same problem. On fitting a different ECU this problem got resolved.
Back to top Go down
adamkathy23
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
adamkathy23

Male
Number of posts : 200
City, Country : New Delhi
LOGAN Model : GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 205
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 6:47 pm

Hey Nayandeep, 

Thanks buddy for the reply. Are you suggesting that is the fix or is that just a work around? Also, Is that something which needs to be done by the Authorized workshop technicians or is it something that the roadside mechanics can also do? 

Peace,
N
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:09 pm

adamkathy23 wrote:
Hey Nayandeep, 

Thanks buddy for the reply. Are you suggesting that is the fix or is that just a work around? Also, Is that something which needs to be done by the Authorized workshop technicians or is it something that the roadside mechanics can also do? 

Peace,
N

Hi Adam,
I kept car in the service center for 5 days, for them to find out the root cause of the problem. They first changed the pressure switch and checked for leakages or chokes in the pipes. Changing the pressure switch did not solve it and neither there was any leakage. Then they topped up the refrigerant but that too did not solve it. Then they replaced the compressor and evaporator but without any success. They also did AC servicing but no result. Then lastly they replaced the my Logan's ECU with that from another car and the problem did not occur after prolonged test drive. So ultimately the faulty ECU is the culprit. It cost Rs 27000. The service center guys indeed agreed this the first time they have faced this kind of problem with ECU.
So these are checks that you need to carry out before you are fully confidant of actual fault. I doubt if the local mechanic will have so many spare parts in store perform that. I also tried to get the ECU from local shops but of no luck.
Back to top Go down
nitingoel2
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
nitingoel2

Male
Number of posts : 100
City, Country : chandigarh
LOGAN Model : dle 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 106
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:57 am

guys i m facing the same problem from yestrday, when i drove through a flooded road having water to the height of 1 feet to max 2feet, all the cars where going slow in a line i was also driving in first gear on suddenly cars almost stood still and to prevent water frm entering the exhaust i started pressing the accelerator a bit with half clutch suddenly i felt a jurk and some change in the engine noise and then everything 
went back to normal, i thot i may have revd it to hard and i kept on driving after i minute i noticed that ac was not working the switch was turned on blower was working but ac wasnt, i pulled aside cheked the fuses evrything was fine but when i used to turn on the ac the clik sound was missing and ac was throwing hot air after a while, the ac switch and all is working as when i turn it on i still see the small increase in rpm in techometer...
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Check your radiator thermostat. Could just be that the wire snapped off in the flowing water due to some particle.
How prominent was the jerk? Just a feel or like the car snapping forward in a gear?
Back to top Go down
nitingoel2
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
nitingoel2

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:27 pm

i checked the wires behind radiaotor everything seems fine.. the jurk was like i m loosing power then suddenly it came back and some engine noise also but for a few seconds thats all
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:12 pm

I would say you clutch plate got wet !!! you say you were "slipping" the clutch behind the cars ! Next time dont go through water that deep Park up and wait It can cause all sorts of problems and dear ones too
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
nitingoel2
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
nitingoel2

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 5:55 pm

clutch plate? but car is drivin fine no smoke no jerk no noise nothing for some seconds while i was driving thru water i felt it but after that it was fine and the only problem is the ac is not working...
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Yes !!! Because your clutch would have filled with water !
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Water gets into the clutch and it will Spin till its dry and hopefully that was the surge you felt as it dried ! I dont think you had a hydrostatic lock because that would have damaged the engine a hydrostatic lock is when water enters the airfilter and gets compressed in the cylinder and has a very good chance of BENDING a Connecting rod .So like I said Deep water !!! Walk
Back to top Go down
nitingoel2
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
nitingoel2

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:22 pm

thanx for the replies martin.. i got it checkd by the bosch people and they found out the problem it was a orange colored 40amp fuse blown under the bonnet, i checkd the fuses which are located on the side of the dash board as no other fuse box is mentioned in the handbook for ac.. they did not had the fuse available so checked it by wrapping a wire on the blown fuse and afterwords i brought the fuse from open market costed me abt 40rs putted it in myself and everything seems fine now and i hope it stays lik this.. still i have a doubt how can a fuse blow like this in hardly 2feet water
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:50 pm

I have doubt how anybody would even drive there car in 2 feet of water !!!!!
They are not made for submerging.you ar lucky to have gotten away with a fuse believe me !
Bosch with no fuses ????????
Back to top Go down
nitingoel2
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
nitingoel2

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:31 pm

well martin here in india roads are very bad and in rainy season its normal to have this much water on roads sometimes its even more and we cant do anything about it as they are the main roads on which we have to drive.. and trust me from about 5 years since i had logan i have been driving through worse conditions then this, from the 3rd day of purchase i even drove it in more water then this but this was the first time something went wrong...nyways i will be more carefull in future.. bosch guys said they have fuses of other amps but 40amp fuse is nt commonly used so they order it in very less quantity and rite now its out of stock order is placed and will reach the workshop day after tommorow.. so i thot of giving it a try in open market and i easily got one..
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:23 pm

Whatever
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:15 am

nitingoel2 wrote:
... it was a orange colored 40amp fuse blown under the bonnet...
What part / function was the fuse related to? Did you ask them?
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:14 pm

My AC problem is still not fixed. The ECU that came cannot be reprogrammed by the workshop guys. It is failing with "1609 Error" and they have no idea how to resolve that. So they have ordered for another ECU. By the time it reaches the workshop one thing I found is that, with jerks on the road, the AC either starts or stops operating. So does that mean anything getting lose underneath that might be tightened to resolve my AC problem instead of a new ECU altogether. Actually I still find it hard to believe the Mahindra guys.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Everywhere I look i find for this number Immobilizer problem look here

P1609
Diagnostic Lamp Driver Fault

http://www.troublecodes.net/OBD2/Pcodes/#1600
Meaning I think that they are using the "WRONG" equipment
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:14 pm

martin245 wrote:
Everywhere I look i find for this number Immobilizer problem look here

P1609
Diagnostic Lamp Driver Fault

http://www.troublecodes.net/OBD2/Pcodes/#1600
Meaning I think that they are using the "WRONG" equipment
Yes, the new replacement ECU got installed perfectly, no more AC problem in last 3 days after fitting it. Finally smooth AC functioning after almost 8 months...cheers
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi Nayandeep,

Do share the overall cost impact and how long it took to undertake the job.
Back to top Go down
gavin.meyers
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
gavin.meyers

Male
Number of posts : 2
City, Country : Bangalore, India
LOGAN Model : GLE 1.4 2007
ClubLogan Points : 2
Registration date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi All,
     I have a GLE 1.4. Has run ~48K kms. I would like to know how to clean the air condition filters. Can I myself do it? if so how? or is this something only the mechanic can do?

Thanks
Gavin Meyers
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:18 pm

I WOULD LET THE MECHANICS DO THIS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air condition   Air condition - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air condition
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum :: Mahindra Renault LOGAN - General :: TECHNICAL-
Jump to: