ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_lcap20%Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_lcap19%Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_lcap18%Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_lcap10%Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_lcap20%Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_lcap3%Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_lcap4%Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_lcap3%Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_lcap0%Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_lcapMaintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Voting_barMaintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_lcapMaintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Voting_barMaintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
alternator Plug gear clutch pump belt filter suspension diesel logan boot BRAKE petrol light fuel radiator axle sensor manual sound Starting front price engine verito coolant
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks

Go down 
+9
Dushie
T1000
anjeevgeorge
Kislay
Debasish
HITESH
vsuprak
sAuMiL
tomlai
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male
Number of posts : 380
City, Country : Kolkata
LOGAN Model : Logan GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 152
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Empty
PostSubject: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 3:03 am

What I am now doing in the rainy season is after the regular car wash, when wiping down the car I add a very little Formula 1 Wax to the cloth as I dry the car. This dries to a faint haze (much lighter than when you apply a full layer of polish, which I rub off with a 3M microfibre cloth ... result is Super Gloss ... slick to the touch ...excellent rain beading (so I know the paint is really being protected) ... no streaks. Best of all a genuinely showroom-like feel with no extra work/expense!

Also weekly during monsoons, a good layer or Rainguard/Raintex on the windshield for that wiperless rain protection! It really adds to visibility and driving safety. This works wonders for visibility on side and rear glass where there is no wiper to help clean while driving in a heavy downpour! The rain just beads off.
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male
Number of posts : 1680
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 1:37 pm

Nice tips Tom, will definately try to implement them Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ClubLogan.com
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:13 pm

Hey Tom,
I never knew the F1 wax could make such a difference. Am sure it will work wonders on black then.

I think the Rainguard/Raintex also seems to be a decent idea. how much does it cost app?

Surya
Back to top Go down
HITESH
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
HITESH

Male
Number of posts : 460
City, Country : ludhiana,punjab.india.
LOGAN Model : logan dls
ClubLogan Points : 260
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:55 pm

hey wat is dis 3m micro fibre cloth

is it very good for cleaning car
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:45 am

Yea Tom,
Could u please give a cost breakup if possible.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 3:43 pm

Formula 1 Wax: Rs 275 on ebay.in
USE CLEAN CLEAN SPONGE ONLY and only after washing the car thoroughly
I have been able to give my car a maintenance wax almost thrice a week, good protection in this weather and LOOKS GOOD too! Waxing makes the rain splash mud/dirt easy to wash off/protects paint

Formula 1 Scratch Out: Rs 260 on ebay.in
USE SPARINGLY AND ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS!! and only over the minor scratch parts (never over the full panel)
Most effective on scratches you can't feel when you drag your finger nail across it. If you can feel the scratch, its too deep and scratchout will NOT remove it however hard you rub it in BEWARE OF RUBBING IN TOO MUCH or you will start removing paint

3M Scotchbrite High Perfomance Cloth: approx Rs 100/-
found it sometimes in Big Bazaar / I pick mine up in bulk from Bangkok
Washable upto 50 times! at 95degrees C (to remove all wax/dirt)
Go to the 3M site and look up this SIMPLY AMAZING product.
WASH REGULARLY
FIRST IN ALMOST BOILING WATER
THE WITH A GOOD DETERGENT (PRIL is excellent)

Rainguard/Raintex: sometimes find this product on ebay.in (price???)
but pick mine up from bangkok as usual (Raintex more expensive but terrific rain repellant action. one sweep of windshield wiper is enough to ge a perfectly clear windshield)
ONLY ON WELL WASHED AND THOROUGHLY DRY WINDSHIELD (otherwise it will not repell water properly)
Can put a second coat after 24 hrs for better rainproofing
DONT FEEL SAFE DRIVING IN THE RAIN WITHOUT THIS!
Back to top Go down
Debasish
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 68
City, Country : Thane
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:25 pm

Thanks a ton Tom, very useful info. But is the 3M Scotchbrite High Perfomance Cloth available in local stores and what about Raintex/Rainguard.
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:17 pm

As I mentioned I have seen the 3M High Performance Cloth in local Big Bazaars (priced at about Rs 100 for a handkerchief sized sheet) for in a separate unit which sells Scotchbrite products like their kitchen wipes, scouring pads, sponges, gloves etc. So check out your larger department stores like Spencers, etc. The problem is if no one realises that this is a superior product they wont buy it in the first place. I always keep one in the car and one in my pocket, 100 times better than any old handkerchief for cleaning computer monitor screens, mobile phones, brilliant on spectacles, no scratches, no streaks, perfectly clean!

As for the Rain repellant you can ask your car accesories shop. I have also seen it being sold on ebay.in although I don't see it today ...
Back to top Go down
Kislay
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 33
City, Country : Gurgaon
LOGAN Model : DLS 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:21 pm

Debasish wrote:
Thanks a ton Tom, very useful info. But is the 3M Scotchbrite High Perfomance Cloth available in local stores and what about Raintex/Rainguard.

3M cloths are available in Reliance Mart - I checked it in Gurgaon store.
Hope it is available all over india in reliance Mart store.
Price was Rs 99/-
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 2:28 pm

Thanks for the info kislay

Such HIGH specs for a piece of cloth ! Read more here ...
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Commercial/Care/Solutions-for/High-Performance-Cloth/
Back to top Go down
Debasish
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 68
City, Country : Thane
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:27 am

Tom, Kislay, Thank you very much
Back to top Go down
anjeevgeorge
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
anjeevgeorge

Male
Number of posts : 9
City, Country : Pune, India
LOGAN Model : DLE
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:01 pm

If rain repellant for windscreen is not available, apply the same Formula 1 Wax polish on the side and rear windscreens. Keep it there untill it dries, wipe thoroughly flanel. See the difference.

Caution. Do not apply F1 wax on front glass.

Anjeev
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:07 pm

Nice piece of advice anjeev..
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:00 pm

yes as the wax also contains some amount of silicone polish, this will work on the glass. I see the Service Workshop doing this.

However, it is NOWHERE as effective or long-lasting as compared to a proper windshield rain repellant.
Back to top Go down
T1000
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
T1000

Male
Number of posts : 10
City, Country : Mumbai
LOGAN Model : Logan 1.5 DLS
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:33 pm

thanx for all the info guys........
Back to top Go down
Kislay
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 33
City, Country : Gurgaon
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:41 pm

anjeevgeorge wrote:
If rain repellant for windscreen is not available, apply the same Formula 1 Wax polish on the side and rear windscreens. Keep it there untill it dries, wipe thoroughly flanel. See the difference.

Caution. Do not apply F1 wax on front glass.

Anjeev

Hi guys I have a concern, while doing Teflon coating on my previous car (Santro)

They also policed head lamp saying it is good for the headlamp glass.

I had no idea about Teflon coating at that time, initially coating on head lamp did not troubled me but latter on say about 7-8 months head lamp outer glass slowly become blurred . At the end I had to replace them.

I am not sure if Formula 1 wax is good for windscreen.
Back to top Go down
Dushie
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
Dushie

Male
Number of posts : 250
City, Country : Bangalore, India
LOGAN Model : DLE
ClubLogan Points : 104
Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 3:45 pm

well you should avoid Teflon coating for glass, formula 1 wax is really good, also you get special solvents to mix with the windshield washer , you mix then in plain water, whenever u use the wipers to clean windshield after using the jets, the glass is wiped clean and during rains the water does not get stuck on to the surface it just flows down
Back to top Go down
sabrish
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
sabrish

Male
Number of posts : 20
City, Country : bangalore,india
ClubLogan Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Formula 1 Wax -applying procedures   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:58 am

Good mOrning Folks,

I have bought a new F Wax but i dont know how to apply the same to my car.. The box doesnt have instuctions

Can any one guide me PLZZZZZZZZZZ pale
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male

PostSubject: WAXING YOUR CAR   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:50 pm

Back to top Go down
sabrish
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
sabrish

Male
Number of posts : 20
City, Country : bangalore,india
ClubLogan Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:19 pm

Thanks for the instant reply tomlai ... cheers mate

Small doubt shud i wipe of the wax immediately as i aplly or let it dry for few minutes
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:16 pm

Pls continue this discussion in the Maintaining your Logan topic.
Posting my detailed reply to you there.
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male

PostSubject: DETAILED WAXING PROCEDURE   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:23 pm

For Sabrish:

Keep the car in shade ... not in direct sunlight. If the body is hot to touch, don't wax.

First wash car thoroughly.

Over the damp car, apply wax with the sponge which has been soaked in water and squeezed out a little, over full body and wipe off in the order you applied. I wax the roof from the left side, left side door and fenders, bonnet, right side roof, right side door and fenders and end with the boot ... keep wetting the sponge or sprinkling some drops of water on the car body, and make sure sponge stays clean and doesntt get too dirty with grime. If sponge falls to the ground, make sure you clean it absolutely and thoroughly free of sand particles otherwise replace it.

Wait till you see a dry whitish powdery haze forming. This white haze is actually the final polishing powder when u buff off.

Buff off in the same order as you apply wax.
Usually by the time you have waxed the whole car, it is dry enough to buff off.

Maximum keep unbuffed wax on car for 60 to 90 minutes, otherwise the white haze itself will be difficult to buff off.

For a deep gloss, apply some of pressure while buffing, this will burnish and smoothen out the wax even more, but remember to use a clean clean cloth for this otherwise dirt specs will scratch your car finish. And dust off the cloth often to remove loose wax and powder. Burnishing by applying pressure actually melts the wax at a microscopic level causing it to even out and shine

Working up a good sweat buffing is both good for the glossiness as well as your morning exercise. I would much rather be doing some physical labour and achieving something like a super glossy look on my car, than working out at the gym and get nothing but sweat after all the exertion!

For best overall results, repeat application of thin coats of wax. Keep a minimum time gaps of 24 hours between applications, this will allow each layer of wax to harden and bind to the car surface. Each additional layer will only go towards giving you better gloss levels. I have been waxing twice to thrice a week for the last 3 weeks and the RESULT IS AMAZING.

Last edited by tomlai on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:49 pm

Thanks Tom..
Have merged the 2 topics...
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:05 pm

The other day i was browsing through the photographs of my car at delivery time.
Immediately, I noticed the difference in the sheen of the paint. Crying or Very sad

That was it. I bought a pack of Motomax cream polish (pidilite industires) and today morning gave my car the much requried medication.

And now, my Night Angel's looking just the way she was, on our first date!! Wink

This is the first treatment she received so far for the gloss. Pretty strange why i did not even think about it all these days. Guess i was just being a lazy bum.
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:34 am

Tip #2
To clean off sticky grease/road tar from car body
Wipe off with a little spray of WD-40 or Zorrik-88 (from Pidilite). Much easier to carry in boot, than some kerosene/petrol whch a workshop would use.

Tip #3
How not to lose your radio antenna.
Antenna is sent from factory in such a manner that it can actually be unscrewed by hand, if someone is bent on stealing it.
Protect the antenna base from scratches with a piece of cloth, use a pair of pliers to gently tighten antenna just enough to lock it in, so as not to be removeable by hand!

Tip #4
How to raise passenger side wiper when driver side wiper is up (without bending it)
Lift passengerside wiper keeping the end closer to the pivot touching glass, you will see the outer tip lifting clear of the other wiper without bending.
(I hope people understand what I mean to say, and that this is actually an useful tip!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks   Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maintaining your LOGAN - Tips and Tricks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next