ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_lcap20%Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_lcap19%Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_lcap18%Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_lcap10%Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_lcap20%Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_lcap3%Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_lcap4%Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_lcap0%Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_lcapTail lamp malfunction. Voting_barTail lamp malfunction. Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
Tail lamp malfunction. Vote_lcapTail lamp malfunction. Voting_barTail lamp malfunction. Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
boot radiator alternator clutch BRAKE Plug fuel filter logan diesel sensor front price belt suspension axle pump light Starting petrol manual gear sound coolant engine verito
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Tail lamp malfunction.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Upnishanth
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Upnishanth

Male
Number of posts : 6
City, Country : Hyderabad, India.
LOGAN Model : 2012 verito D6
ClubLogan Points : 8
Registration date : 2013-10-16

Tail lamp malfunction. Empty
PostSubject: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. Though i have been following the forum since a very long time i never needed to post anything on the forum. Fellow members are participating very actively and by reading those posts almost all my doubts were clarified. This is a weird problem i am facing with my car right now. 

As soon as i apply breaks, my right side rear break light is getting dimmed and right side indicator is glowing. That is in case of night time, since the parking lights are already on the break light gets dimmed and indicator glows. I can even see the indicator symbol on the instrument cluster glowing when ever i apply the brake. But for day time, weirdly rear fog lamp glows instead of break light. It even appears on the instrument cluster. Rear fog lamp indicator is lit when brakes are applied. 

I tried changing the rear break bulb with a new one. But still the problem persists. As u know the rear light arrangement for logan amd old verito is like a circuit board. Could this be the problem? Do i have to change the whole tail lamp? Please help me out on this. I will be happy to give u any kind of information about the condition of the vehicle if required.
Back to top Go down
the.numerator
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
the.numerator

Male
Number of posts : 15
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : 1.6 GLS 2007
ClubLogan Points : 19
Registration date : 2013-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:22 pm

If you are in to DIY mode then just take out the tail assembly from the rear and check for short circuits. My car had somewhat the same issue where the strips running parallel were conducing due to rust. Give it a good clean wipe with WD 40 and see if it works.
Back to top Go down
Upnishanth
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Upnishanth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:47 pm

the.numerator wrote:
If you are in to DIY mode then just take out the tail assembly from the rear and check for short circuits. My car had somewhat the same issue where the strips running parallel were conducing due to rust. Give it a good clean wipe with WD 40 and see if it works.
Yes i am in the DIY mode. Thanks for the suggestion, i just checked for any signs of damage and rust. But the circuit seemed to be normal.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:54 pm

Check the earth wires on the rear lights take them off and clean them ! and also send me a PM with your email and I will send you something to help
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
Upnishanth
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Upnishanth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 6:17 am

Ok Sir, At present the car is not available with me. Once my father returns from the trip, i will clean the lights, take a picture and post it.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Back to top Go down
saurabh84
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
saurabh84

Male
Number of posts : 2
City, Country : india
LOGAN Model : verito D-4 model 2012
ClubLogan Points : 2
Registration date : 2012-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi All,

Last week I faced a peculiar problem in my verito D4 (2012) model. The right hand side indicators (3) stopped working while i was driving my Verito. I took my car to the nearest service station and he checked the essential circuits tried a few debuging steps but was unable to figure out the probem. At last the best solution he offered me is to open the whole of dashboard and check the internal wiring across the car. I am a bit scpetical about the whole procedure fact that this would require keeping my verito for overnight stay at service station. Is this right side indicators malfunction such a big thing or opening of dashboard and checking the internal wiring requires such a long time to fix. I am in a Fix .. Request all senior members to respond and require some suggestion on this issue. Basically,I dnt want to get ripped off by my Service center. My car has worked wonderfully without any issue from last 20 months or so and completed 30K KM overall.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:33 pm

Mmm What do you mean The right side indicators front and back are not working ?
Did he check the fuse and also have you tried the hazard lights (4 way Flashers ) do all the lights work when you use it ?
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 11:23 am

As Stu mentioned above, when you use the Hazard warning lights, do all 6 glow (2 Front, 2 Side and 2 Rear)?
If yes, then the wiring is not the issue.
In case they do not work, ask him to use a multimeter and check the continuity of the circuit before he opens the dash.
Back to top Go down
saurabh84
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
saurabh84

Male
Number of posts : 2
City, Country : india
LOGAN Model : verito D-4 model 2012
ClubLogan Points : 2
Registration date : 2012-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi,

The problem is for all the 3 right hand side indicators(rear,side,front) only. The left hand side is working perfectly fine for all the three indicators. When i push in the hazard light only the left hand side is working and not the right hand side indicators. I will ask him to use multimeter next time as suggested. Let me know your view points and some special points to consider still.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks much!
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:58 pm

one more thing is do the ones that are working flash faster than normal ! and did they check the fuse or the flasher unit ?
Back to top Go down
Upnishanth
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Upnishanth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay in reply. I got the car checked at a well known electrician in Hyderabad. He said the circuit had a crack and that is causing the taillamp malfunction. He made a temporary fix by soldering the broken part of the circuit. Now the whole set up is working properly. Thank you for being patient and helping me out to resolve the issue.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Where was the circuit ?
Back to top Go down
Upnishanth
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Upnishanth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:36 pm

The tail lamp assembly is a circuit. Whereas regular tail lamps have only bulb holders.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:47 pm

So you mean in the light itself
Tail lamp malfunction. Screen11

Tail lamp malfunction. <a href=
Back to top Go down
Upnishanth
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Upnishanth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:18 pm

Im not sure whether i am technically calling it right but yes the whole lamp setup is linked with each other like a circuit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tail lamp malfunction.   Tail lamp malfunction. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tail lamp malfunction.
Page 1 of 1