ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_lcap20%engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_lcap19%engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_lcap18%engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_lcap10%engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_lcap20%engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_lcap3%engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_lcap4%engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_lcap0%engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_lcapengine - Engine oil leakage Voting_barengine - Engine oil leakage Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
engine - Engine oil leakage Vote_lcapengine - Engine oil leakage Voting_barengine - Engine oil leakage Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
filter Plug Starting BRAKE alternator petrol coolant front engine gear verito axle clutch diesel radiator price light logan manual boot sensor belt sound fuel suspension pump
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Engine oil leakage

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kartheeswaran
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
kartheeswaran

Male
Number of posts : 6
City, Country : Bangalore, India
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE
ClubLogan Points : 10
Registration date : 2013-01-22

engine - Engine oil leakage Empty
PostSubject: Engine oil leakage   engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi,

At 62000kms, i observed engine oil leak. When i took it to Siresh auto Bangalore.. They mentioned leak is from oil separator... That was replaced.. After that it was workin well...Two months back i took long drive(700kms).... from then small amount of oil is leaking could be seen on the floor...

I took to the local mechanic to check were the oil is coming out.. He removed the air intake hose and shown me there is oil accumulation...He said oil is coming out of Turbo... But i could not belive this... since 1.5DCI does not have turbo charger....

Any of you guys had experienced oil leakage.. Would like to know what could be the problem areas from which engine oil leakage can happen...
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leakage   engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 8:54 pm

I am sure you have a Turbo !! and it can send oil to the air filter ! Have a look for for this
I think this is the same motor so look down the front like it shows here
engine - Engine oil leakage Renault-Clio_1_5_dCi_2004_800x600_wallpaper_15
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
dsravan
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
dsravan

Male
Number of posts : 7
City, Country : Bangalore, India
LOGAN Model : DLS 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 11
Registration date : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leakage   engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:13 pm

@kartheeswaran, 1.5 DCI is a turbo charged engine and the oil deposits can be formed if the turbo is not cooled properly.

See this recent article on turbo-chargers:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/131875-why-you-must-practice-idling-rule-turbo-charged-cars.html
Back to top Go down
vabs1981
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
vabs1981

Male
Number of posts : 91
City, Country : Dombivli , Thane , India
LOGAN Model : DLX 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 99
Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leakage   engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:31 am

I've also just changed the oil 2 days ago.

Since that facing a problem of oil leakage. I've changed from the grade 20w50 to 5W40 Synthetic grade.

I can see the oil dripping when engine starts, it does come from midsection level of engine & gets dripped around oil drain plug. The rate is very fast that is 1 drop per 2 seconds!!!!Shocked

Can anybody suggest what may be the matter?

How much it will cost to me?

I think the engine gasket is keaked & need to be replaced, cause I filled the engine with 5W40 oil & as flow rate is best it got leaked from the weakest part of engine. Am I right?
Back to top Go down
vabs1981
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
vabs1981

Male

PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leakage   engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 am

& @ Kartheeswaran.......

I think our car has superturbo which never ditch without any saviour problem in intercooler. So take care of intercooler & never fill oil exceeding 4.1 Ltrs.

Vaibhav
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leakage   engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 3:39 pm

It should not leak ! But you should be able to see where it is leaking from go under the car and follow the oil up ! Never fill your oil to full only to between the marks on the dipstick

go to the top of the motor and look round the cylinder head gasket for leaks also look at the rocker cover for leaks ALSO YOU SAY YOU CHANGED THE OIL THEN I WOULD LAY MONEY THAT THE FILTER IS NOT TIGHT ENOUGH
how did you tighten the filter and did you smear a bit of oil on the rubber ring ?
Go and check the filter mate bounce
Back to top Go down
vabs1981
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
vabs1981

Male

PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leakage   engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:59 pm

Oh thanks.....

I remebered quite nicely that the mechanic didn't place oil on the rubber ring of the filter. I feel it must be the same problem that the filter may not be tight enough.

Also i went underneath the car & watched , the oil leakage is from back side of the engine. That's why the question popped up if filter is at front side of engine, how it can leak oil from backside of engine ?

Oil is dripping from the bottom line where turbo end as per diagram showing above.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leakage   engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:20 pm

Wind ! drive wind can send the oil back !!! and oil will also find a channel to run along it will not fall on the floor if it falls on another part it will fall on a part and run down and along !
Back to top Go down
vabs1981
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
vabs1981

Male

PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leakage   engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 am

You mean to say, this is not big issue & may solve itself........?

BTW, yesterday evening when i went home & saw oil filter for any lekages. Nothing there.... Then I started the car & wait for another 15 min.Raced the engine a bit also. But no oil dripped from the place or on the floor...

I'm confused what may be the problem, & what is the drive wind, what work it does?
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leakage   engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 2:58 pm

with drive wind I mean the wind when you drive pushes the oil to the back area of the car NO it will not repair itself ! It is no use looking at the filter you need to tighten it grab it and twist it to see if its tight brcause it will only drip under pressure !did you check the turbo ?
Back to top Go down
vabs1981
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
vabs1981

Male

PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leakage   engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:24 pm

yes the turbo looks fine.No leakages around. no abnormal sound , also taken out the intercooler & cleaned by using petrol, let it dry & fixed again by mechanic. After which I found the ride much smoother than earlier. pick up also was increased a lot.

Let see when i take out the car within a day or two, whether oil dripps again or not coz yesterday for 15 min it was on but no oil was got on the floor.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leakage   engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Then the oil could have been from a lazy mechanic who let the oil run onto the cover under the engine ! ie he did not remove the cover while draining the engine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leakage   engine - Engine oil leakage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engine oil leakage
Page 1 of 1