ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Immobilizer got activated
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

» Oil smell from A/C vents and Clutch change
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 4:38 pm by zapping

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_lcap20%what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_lcap19%what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_lcap18%what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_lcap10%what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_lcap20%what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_lcap3%what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_lcap4%what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_lcap3%what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_lcap0%what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_lcapwhat is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Voting_barwhat is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_lcapwhat is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Voting_barwhat is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
alternator diesel petrol price sound verito logan engine belt manual radiator fuel pump axle Starting clutch BRAKE suspension filter sensor front Plug gear coolant light boot
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Krsna
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Krsna

Male
Number of posts : 7
City, Country : INDIA
LOGAN Model : VERITO 2012
ClubLogan Points : 11
Registration date : 2012-08-28

what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Empty
PostSubject: what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel?   what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:02 pm

can anyone tell me the ideal rpm in any gear to get the best fuel efficiency..
krsna
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel?   what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi Krsna,

Welcome to the forum.

I have a diesel. And from my usage for 5 years, I find that the ideal cruising RPM is to be around 2000rpm in 5th gear.

Ideally this is what you can get a good economy with (speed at which to change gear)
1st Gear 15-20kmph (max) Only for moving from standstill.
2nd Gear 25kmph
3rd Gear 35kmph
4th Gear 45-50kmph
5th Gear - do not exceed 80-85 kmph

Try around and see to achieve your ideal points. It will also vary depending on load and slopes of the road.

Surya

Last edited by vsuprak on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited typo of 200rpm --> 2000rpm)
Back to top Go down
Krsna
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Krsna

Male

PostSubject: Re: what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel?   what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Thank you very much Surya... I have been driving exactly as mentioned by you.
I get about 14-15Km/lt. in city with A/C and about 23-24km/lt. on highways with A/C.
Is this the best possible mileage one can get from a 1.5 diesel?
Regards,
Krsna
Back to top Go down
Deccansand
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Deccansand

Male
Number of posts : 67
City, Country : Hyderabad
LOGAN Model : LOGAN DLE 1.5 dci
ClubLogan Points : 81
Registration date : 2012-02-17

PostSubject: Re: what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel?   what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 4:02 pm

I get around 17/18 KMPL in city with AC. I generally dont exceed 2500 RPM. Due to traffic in city i stick to 3rd gear and move to 4th only when roads are clear & i am exceeding 2500 RPM. This way i avoid changing gears frequently between 3/4 and save my knees Smile.

Surprisingly during my last long drive to Goa ( about 1800kms) i got an average of 18/19 maybe i was speeding more Question
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel?   what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Krsna,

Which city do you live in?
In my surveys for my company (Toyota), I found that customers in cities like Mumbai were getting extremely less mileage compared together cities. This was mainly due to the traffic conditions. For instance, if the mileage of a particular car in a city was 12kmpl, in Mumbai it turned out to be 6-7kmpl!!
Back to top Go down
Krsna
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Krsna

Male

PostSubject: Re: what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel?   what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:38 pm

hi surya, i live in chennai... the mileage figures i had mentioned are calculated from full tank to full tank..
krsna
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel?   what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 12:10 pm

I am a little puzzled because you mention that on highways you get close to 23kmpl which actually is a good mileage and a sign of things being OK.
But in the city it is as low as 14!!

I may sound weird, but I'll ask you 2 things.

1. Are you habituated to clutch driving? (keeping the foot on clutch pedal and pressing it partly even when not changing gears?)
2. Is possible, try to speak to any friends or other logan owners at your servcie center who use the same route as you do.
Back to top Go down
vabs1981
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
vabs1981

Male
Number of posts : 91
City, Country : Dombivli , Thane , India
LOGAN Model : DLX 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 99
Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel?   what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi surya,

Just got back from a long tour of 980 km in 2 days,sat - sunday.

Dombivli- Pune-Jejuri- Solapur- Tulajapur-Solapur- Pune- Dombivli.

I had very less time 2 days for so much long distance, hence i just drive fast didn't looked for milage on 4 lane & 6 lanes...

I was keeping vehicle above 120 KMPH on 4 lane & 6 lanes...

Also on last monday changed to Ceat Milaze tyres for front, got a good performance really. ggod handling,less noise etc.....

I got avg of 20 kmpl i guess, as 1 bar is still showing on the display.after full tank before leaving.

I noticed one thing when we left with 5 people & lots of luggage. the car was feeling very heavy to drive, but after 50-60 km it just felt pretty smooth & light than earlier & i started to speed up...

Now while coming back i can hear a squeaky sound from right side of the car. I saw oil leak in shock absorber of front right side. May be the sound due to that???

If it is to be replaced what may be the cost & priority?

Should i replace both front suspension & related parts?

Please suggest.....

Regards/ Vaibhav
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel?   what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 10:36 am

Hi Vaibhav,
It is better to schedule an appointment with your service center and get the vehicle checked soon.

In case the unit needs to be changed, single replacement should be fine according to me.

Regarding the car feeling heavy initially and later eeling smooth, Yes. This happens in my car as well. Even though the engine warms up to the required temperature (4 bars on the right side of your display screen), when you drive for about 50kms on the highway, the car becomes more free at the speeds you are travelling. I normally call it clearing the lungs of the car Smile.

Regarding your fuel economy calulation
The fuel tank capacity of the Logan is 50L. Normally 8% of this is reserve which is about 4 litres. Since you had 1 bar remaining, let u assume there was 1 litre less of the 5 litres in the bar. So you had 8 litres remaining and effectively covered 980km in 41 litres.

So, your mielage will be 23.3 Litres.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
vabs1981
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
vabs1981

Male
Number of posts : 91
City, Country : Dombivli , Thane , India
LOGAN Model : DLX 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 99
Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel?   what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 11:49 am

Thanks Surya...

I'll take action on this as early as possible..

Vaibhav
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel?   what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what is the best rpm to get the best mileage on 1.5 diesel?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum :: Mahindra Renault LOGAN - General :: Mahindra-Renault-
Jump to: