ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Immobilizer got activated
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

» Oil smell from A/C vents and Clutch change
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 4:38 pm by zapping

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_lcap20%coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_lcap19%coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_lcap18%coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_lcap10%coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_lcap20%coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_lcap3%coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_lcap4%coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_lcap3%coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_lcap0%coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_lcapcoolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Voting_barcoolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_lcapcoolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Voting_barcoolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
sound engine fuel front belt radiator coolant price verito axle BRAKE pump light gear alternator boot logan sensor petrol Plug Starting diesel suspension manual filter clutch
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Coolant overflow from Chamber

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ALANKAR
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
ALANKAR

Male
Number of posts : 5
City, Country : Siliguri, West Bengal, India
LOGAN Model : GLX 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 7
Registration date : 2012-09-01

coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Empty
PostSubject: Coolant overflow from Chamber   coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, i was driving to my home at night and hit a speed breaker on underside of my car. I observed smoke coming out of the bonnet just after driving 100 meters. I stopped the vehicle, opened the bonnet and observed coolant boiling and coming out of the chamber through top lid. I took a piece cloth and opened the cap of coolant chamber. The temp gauge was showing 6 bars when i observed the smoke from vehicle.

The incident happened near my home place and since it was night time, i called one of my friend and towed the vehicle to my house. I spoke to the Mahindra Logan dealer today morning and they said that they will pick my vehicle on Monday. They also told me that it could be a cylinder head gasket failure problem or a jammed radiator problem or coolant pump failure.

I own a LOGAN GLX 1.4, 2009 model any my vehicle has completed 18000 KM.

Please suggest what could be the cause of the problem and related expenditure. Since, my vehicle warranty has expired, is it advisable to go for a local mechanic for this problem?
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Coolant overflow from Chamber   coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 10:24 pm

It sounds like your Thermostat is not working ! it holds back the water until the engine reaches the right temp and then lets it go ! Dont drive till you fix it or you blow the cylinder head gasket
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/%24(KGrHqIOKpsE5WuOEgQFBOeljQQPzw~~60_35.JPG

If you can find this that is where the thermostat is
Also let the car get hot and hit the housing with a piece of WOOD and it may just fix the problem while it has stuck
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
ALANKAR
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
ALANKAR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coolant overflow from Chamber   coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 2:05 pm

I have observed that my radiator fan works only when AC is switched on. Earlier it operated normally, switching on and off automatically.

Could this have caused the problem?
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Coolant overflow from Chamber   coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 7:58 pm

The fan works only when the temp is hot it receives a signal and turns on
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coolant overflow from Chamber   coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 8:00 pm

have you checked the thermostat ?????????????????? take it out and put it HOT boiling water and you will see it move if not its knackered
Back to top Go down
ALANKAR
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
ALANKAR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coolant overflow from Chamber   coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:26 am

The technician at dealer's workshop has checked the vehicle and told me that thermostat / coolant pump are fine. The head gasket is also OK. He says that since the fan only runs when AC is on, so the fan's temperature sensor is faulty.

The boiling of coolant was due to the reason that fan did not switched on automatically as it was supposed to do and hence the coolant was not sufficiently cooling because of that, which made it boil under load.

They have given me an estimate of Rs. 4000/- for the sensor itself.

Does the sensor really cost this much?
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coolant overflow from Chamber   coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:50 am

I bet the cable came off on the bump !
Back to top Go down
ALANKAR
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
ALANKAR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coolant overflow from Chamber   coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm

Does the radiator fan in Logan really has a temperature sensor or the service guy is trying to fool me. As far as i know, it should be a relay which causes fan to switch on and off.

Somehow, i feel that i m being robbed off.
Back to top Go down
chetan T
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
chetan T

Male
Number of posts : 95
City, Country : pune
LOGAN Model : 1.4 glx 2008
ClubLogan Points : 109
Registration date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Coolant overflow from Chamber   coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:41 pm

is your problem solved Alankar ?????
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male
Number of posts : 659
City, Country : Ahmedabad, Gujarat
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 624
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Coolant overflow from Chamber   coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:41 pm

@Alankar: I had similar problem. While moving on a cross road a fast driving two wheeler speeded from a side which already had RED lights and hit me on front bumper.
Bumper ofcourse was damaged but there was smoke from engine chamber.
It drove till home somehow without A/C.

Upon inspection next day morning by Mahindra representative it was discovered that the smoke was actually the refrigerant gas which leaked off as the AC pipe had ruptured. There was damage to the A.C. condenser grill which is in the front and fan. Repairs costed 21k from which came from insurance.

Now, since in your case if all is well and you don't see any over heating of engine or smoke from engine unit when you drive then you must get the thermostat re-checked. I believe there would be this thermostat which would also trigger the fan. I don't think there would be separate temperature sensor.
Back to top Go down
chetan T
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
chetan T

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coolant overflow from Chamber   coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:30 pm

Mir... wrote:
@Alankar: I had similar problem. While moving on a cross road a fast driving two wheeler speeded from a side which already had RED lights and hit me on front bumper.
Bumper ofcourse was damaged but there was smoke from engine chamber.
It drove till home somehow without A/C.

Upon inspection next day morning by Mahindra representative it was discovered that the smoke was actually the refrigerant gas which leaked off as the AC pipe had ruptured. There was damage to the A.C. condenser grill which is in the front and fan. Repairs costed 21k from which came from insurance.

Now, since in your case if all is well and you don't see any over heating of engine or smoke from engine unit when you drive then you must get the thermostat re-checked. I believe there would be this thermostat which would also trigger the fan. I don't think there would be separate temperature sensor.

I also have same problem currently . my car is parked since then i not using since local garage didnt found problem???
what should be problem what things should i chek ? can you plz send image where thermostat is located?
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male
Number of posts : 659
City, Country : Ahmedabad, Gujarat
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 624
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Coolant overflow from Chamber   coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Take it to the dealer. Don't waste time on it. It would be futile.
Back to top Go down
chetan T
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
chetan T

Male

PostSubject: Re: Coolant overflow from Chamber   coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 11:38 am

OK i managed to understand the issue with workshop manual got drained whole coolent , refitted clips & filled fresh coolant . Then Removed Battery , Checked All fuses & Relays fitted them properly one of those was slightly corroded brushed it . then also removed & refitted cooling system electrical sensors & connectors . then also had slight doubt about whether done correctly but while taking test drive itself fan started working.. still i shown to my regular private garage he confirmed all working correctly...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coolant overflow from Chamber   coolant - Coolant overflow from Chamber Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coolant overflow from Chamber
Page 1 of 1