ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Immobilizer got activated
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

» Oil smell from A/C vents and Clutch change
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 4:38 pm by zapping

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_lcap20%cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_lcap19%cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_lcap18%cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_lcap10%cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_lcap20%cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_lcap3%cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_lcap4%cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_lcap3%cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_lcap0%cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_lcapcost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Voting_barcost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_lcapcost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Voting_barcost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
engine sensor alternator Plug belt axle gear Starting verito boot radiator BRAKE fuel front light coolant manual clutch price diesel pump sound filter suspension petrol logan
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!

Go down 
+6
vabs1981
Syed
Deccansand
adamkathy23
martin245
musicmanaman
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
musicmanaman
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
musicmanaman

Male
Number of posts : 3
City, Country : Kolkata
LOGAN Model : 1.6 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 5
Registration date : 2012-07-01

cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:48 am

Dear Fellow Logan owners,

I own a Logan Petrol 1.6 GLX, and 2 days back had given my car for Service and asked my Local Mechanic to check the suspension as well, there were no major problems just a slight tud sound when I go over speed breakers, everything else was normal, I have been presented will a Bill now of Rs 22755, out of which Rs 4500 is for seat covers which I have asked him not to put anymore as the bill has gone way over my imagination. I have attached the copy of the Bill can fellow members throw some light if this bill and the part prices are correct, I somehow feel I’m being taken for a ride.

The car had done exactly 38000 kms and is 4yrs 10 months old while this service was done.

Last edited by vsuprak on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Normalised font style)
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 4:37 am

My car has just passed its German (very strict) inspection for 5 years !It passed with flying colours I have in 5 years replaced the front pads and discs and one headlight bulb ! As for suspension ? that’s a joke because the Logan has Heavy Duty Suspension made for any terrain

You price list is Missing !
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
musicmanaman
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
musicmanaman

Male

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:24 am

I have put the details on an Exl sheet as it was written on the bill. I do not
understand much of it myself.
1 Set Boiljoint1100
1 Set Taraiton1600
1 Set Busing kit1700
1 Set Break Pad1050
1 Set Break Shoe900
1 Res Wheel Cylinder425
1 Res Wheel Bearing650
1/2 Liter Break oil150
1 set Shocker Mounting950
1 set Shocker kit900
3 1/2 Liters of Engine oil (Magnatech)1350
1 Res Mobile Filter180
1 Res Air Filter850
Full Car Water Wash350
Central Locking, dicky 600
1 set Mudgard Flap250
Suspension Full Overhauling and Mobile Change Labour1500
Front and Back Bumper setting and Painting1800
Full Car Polish and Seat Cleaning950
Spark Plug1000
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 4:36 pm

You have been Robbed mate ! You could drive 100000 km before you need new wheel bearings and at least 60000 before you need brake pads!! Ball Joint for Where ? if a new ball joint was fitted why have you not paid for axle alignment
How come you needed Brake shoes ! they are the ones at the rear and last for years and also what is >1 Set Taraiton ?
sAuMiL This guy needs a bit of help I think he has been robbed ! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
adamkathy23
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
adamkathy23

Male
Number of posts : 200
City, Country : New Delhi
LOGAN Model : GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 205
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:52 am

No doubt Renault spare parts are expensive. I met with an accident 2 weeks ago and the service center made an estimate of Rs 60000....It freaked me out to know that one front door costs Rs 12000plus another Rs 5000 for paint and labour.....And no matter what, they will not repair, no matter how small is the damage :-(

Peace,
N
Back to top Go down
Deccansand
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Deccansand

Male
Number of posts : 67
City, Country : Hyderabad
LOGAN Model : LOGAN DLE 1.5 dci
ClubLogan Points : 81
Registration date : 2012-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:46 am

18k seems to be on higher side just to repair a "tud sound". This issue with these service bills is you dont understand the language/parts name. Suggest you ask them to explain the billing in detail.

Was there issue with breaks - 2k charged for pads/shoes
Back to top Go down
musicmanaman
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
musicmanaman

Male

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:41 am

Deccansand wrote:
18k seems to be on higher side just to repair a "tud sound". This issue with these service bills is you dont understand the language/parts name. Suggest you ask them to explain the billing in detail.

Was there issue with breaks - 2k charged for pads/shoes

The breaks were fine, I just felt that the bite would increase if I change the pads and shoes, however I was wrong the bracking is no better than before.

The parts issue is the problem, it's vaguely discribed without the actual part name, and I seriouly doubt the part costs.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:21 am

Well now we are getting somewhere you "asked" to have it done .WHY ?
you never go to a garage and say I think this needs doing or that needs doing !Because they will do it !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Syed
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Syed

Male
Number of posts : 14
City, Country : Mumbai
LOGAN Model : GLX
ClubLogan Points : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi guys,

My logan 1.4 GLX Petrol is gonna be 5 years in a month and I am trying to make sure I still maintain my babe for couple of years more... I have been experiencing this thud sound everytime i hit a pot hole and in mumbai we are blessed with it... I wanna make sure this subsides before the giant holes open up during monsoons.. I checked out with a garage and after a test drive he said that the problem is with mount bearing and suspensions are good... He later called me next day and said that its gonna cost me Rs. 2800/- for each mount bearing and would cost me total of 5600 + 1200 labor = 6800 bucks.... Is this reasonable or is he ripping me off...

Saumil... if you can help me out since you too are in mumbai...

And Mr.Martin, I would surely be expecting your reply from your valuable experience too Smile

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 1:10 pm

Could be the Motor mounting bearing Ask him to show you it But you can normally also feal the mounting Thud on gear changes as well because the motor Moves
as for price I have no idea what is cheap or dear in India
Back to top Go down
Syed
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Syed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Nope.. its not the motor mount bearing.. its the suspension mount bearing... its on top of front wheels and suspension..
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 1:25 pm

Yes that also is a Bad spot BUT when that goes the whole thing rattles like hell ! and sticks up in the air
PM me your email and I will send you a bit of info per email
Back to top Go down
Syed
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Syed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 2:02 pm

hey martin,

I did send u my mail id... waiting for ur info

- Thanks
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 2:41 pm

Have just resent it But split it up so you will now get two
Back to top Go down
vabs1981
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
vabs1981

Male
Number of posts : 91
City, Country : Dombivli , Thane , India
LOGAN Model : DLX 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 99
Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 7:00 pm

I had also facing same problems with front suspension noises.

My mechanic suggested me to change the suspension ( Not authorised one but branded & standard). So i decided to change all suspension related imp. parts. Mechanic told me you would require at least Rs.25000/- to spare for this.

What i did I used all my contacts & info from internet & procured all the required related items like ball joints, tie rod end, 2-3 types of bushes, shocker mounting(kaichi), kit etc for Rs.10,000/- ( all original renault embossed with Part Nos.), gave it to my mehanic . He installed that for Rs.5,000/- & done. everything is not absolutley perfect.

But if i fill the air upto 40 psi , it starts to hear few of the thuds, & i keep it below 34 it always smooth. Why so, That is the question remained now.

vabs
Back to top Go down
vabs1981
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
vabs1981

Male
Number of posts : 91
City, Country : Dombivli , Thane , India
LOGAN Model : DLX 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 99
Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 7:01 pm

those spares includes original gabriel shock absorbers also...
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 pm

2.4 Bar or 34 .809057 PSI is correct any harder and you WILL feel all the bumps and hear them
Back to top Go down
zapping
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
zapping

Male
Number of posts : 96
City, Country : India
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 116
Registration date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 12:00 pm

Yes, 40PSI is way too high. 34-35 should be the max if you want it. I keep mine at 33PSI. Too high air pressure also also bad.
Back to top Go down
ahmadtanvir
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
ahmadtanvir

Male
Number of posts : 1
City, Country : india
LOGAN Model : dle1.5
ClubLogan Points : 3
Registration date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:01 am

plz. prove me address where you buy the parts . I have logan diesel with suspension problem . the service centre will cost around 30000/ for this.
my from wheel bearing making noise the service centre charged me 5500/- for replacing one front left bearing

are Mahindra logan spare parts available in the open market or available on the net

Last edited by vsuprak on Fri May 03, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged 2 threads and individual posts)
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 12:12 pm

What are the suspension problems ?
As for the front Wheel Bearings they are dear to change because it is not a small job for the garage

And 1500 is very cheap !

Last edited by vsuprak on Fri May 03, 2013 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged consecutive posts)
Back to top Go down
Umamahadevanbe
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Umamahadevanbe

Male
Number of posts : 1
City, Country : India
LOGAN Model : 2008
ClubLogan Points : 1
Registration date : 2013-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 11:10 pm

Dear all,

My logan got timing belt cut while running at 55k Kms,after 4 days at a mahindra authorised showroom in Madurai, Tamilnadu . They sent a quotation made my heart stopped for few seconds!, it is about 66k

Please some advice me on the spare parts and labour charges listed below

S.NO Parts names QTY AMOUNT
1 ENGINE OIL 4 LTR 1100.00
2 OIL FILTER 1 NO 450.00
3 SPARK PLUG 4 NOS 500.00
4 AIR FILTER 1NO 600.00
5 VALVE OIL SEAL & EXHAUST VALVE 1 SET 3000.00
6 VALVE LOCK 1SET 3600.00
7 VALVE 1SET 4000.00
8 RACKER ARM SHAFT 1SET 6500.00
9 TIMING BELT KIT 1NO 3300.00
10 ACCESSORIES BELT KIT 1NO 13000.00
11 GASKET TOTAL 5500.00
12 COOLANT OIL 5LTR 1200.00
13 BRAKE PAD 1NO 2200.00
TOTAL 44950.00
S.NO Labour Description Amount
1 HEAD O/H 6250.00
2 LATHE WORK 6500.00
3 RENEW ACCESSORIES BELT 750.00
4 RENEW TIMING BELT 900.00
5 RENEW BRAKE PAD 450.00
6 RENEW SPARK PLUG 400.00
7 RENEW ALL PACKING 600.00
8 CONSUMABLES 300.00
9 MACHINE JOB CHARGES 1000.00
10 RENEW RACKER ARM SHAFT 875.00
11 WATER WASH 400.00
12 OIL SERVICE 750.00
TOTAL 19175.00
Tax(12.36%) 2370.03
Total labour with tax 21545.03
Grand Total (labour with Spares) 66495.03

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 4:16 am

800€ sounds about right ! The engine sustained damage when the belt broke as it ALWAYS does and the cost is quite normal ie the oil the water the plugs the skimming of the head the gaskets the work to do all this is a big job !!! I think the price they charge is correct at our European prices it would be going into 1000€
have you seen what damage occurs inside the engine when the Belt breaks ? 
I would say consider yourself lucky it could have looked like this and you would have been buying a new motor ! This is the reason we should and MUST keep to the servicing schedules they do not give us them for a Joke The holes you see are where the valvesfly through the Pistons ! affraid 
cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! DSCN4528
Back to top Go down
adamkathy23
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
adamkathy23

Male
Number of posts : 200
City, Country : New Delhi
LOGAN Model : GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 205
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Issue Folks!!!

I had given my logan for service and the service rep has just informed me that the Axle boot is damaged and needs replacement. The axle is fine but since the boot comes only with the axle, whole setup will be replaced. approx cost, 15,000 rs/250lbs..

I have asked him to wait for now, Please provide suggestions!!!!

Peace,
N
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:26 pm

This cannot be ! I can buy a boot for mine extra ! Ok its a big job to fit it but you do not need a complete axel
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:32 pm

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/551526689/Renault_Dacia_Logan_C_V_boot.html
and here on the forum go down the page !
https://mahindralogan.forumotion.com/t744-axle-rubber-boot-right-side-not-available-axle-change-only
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!   cost - Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Logan Service Cost and Spare Parts Cost!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next