ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Immobilizer got activated
noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

» Oil smell from A/C vents and Clutch change
noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 4:38 pm by zapping

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_lcap20%noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_lcap19%noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_lcap18%noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_lcap10%noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_lcap20%noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_lcap3%noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_lcap4%noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_lcap3%noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_lcap0%noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_lcapnoise - whistling ringing noise Voting_barnoise - whistling ringing noise Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
noise - whistling ringing noise Vote_lcapnoise - whistling ringing noise Voting_barnoise - whistling ringing noise Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
clutch diesel gear belt fuel engine price alternator Plug sensor logan axle boot front pump suspension coolant sound petrol manual filter verito Starting light radiator BRAKE
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

whistling ringing noise

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Parag
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Parag

Male
Number of posts : 168
City, Country : Pune
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 214
Registration date : 2009-05-12

noise - whistling ringing noise Empty
PostSubject: whistling ringing noise   noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi Guys,
In last few weeks, I've noticed a low whistling like noise from the car. It doesn't happen at cold start. But starts after the engine has warmed up. It is not very audible from inside the cab. However this metalling ringing noise is quite clear from outside.
The noise sometimes gets louder. I realised that when my wife thought i've installed some kind of reverse horn, when I was parking the car in the evening.

I've got it checked at the service center. First they said it's normal in a petrol Logan. When we checked another Logan... they were not so sure. after some more checking, they said it's coming from somewhere close to the Timing Belt assembly.

They've asked me to get the vehicle on saturday for more detailed checking. They are probably going to remove the accessory belt to see if it's that or some where newr the timing belt.

Given their workmanship record, I am a bit scared to let them fiddle with the engine and timing belt assembly.

Please... anybody ever faced this problem. Should I live with the noise rather than risk shoddy assembly at the workshop ?

I've to take the vahicle tomorrow to the workshop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cluster-one.net
Parag
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Parag

Male

PostSubject: Re: whistling ringing noise   noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:07 pm

sorry that was metallic ringing noise in the third line.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: whistling ringing noise   noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:18 pm

I would go for a knacker ed Alternator bearing or water pump bearing
Stu
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
Parag
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Parag

Male

PostSubject: Re: whistling ringing noise   noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks Staurt,

They've ruled out the accessory belt pulleys.
Also changed the scilencer to check for any leak or a choked catalytic converter. That also is ruled out. Now they would like to check the timing belt assembly. There was no time left for that. Since the noise is not very loud, i would like to wait till March end, when the next service is due. I'll definitely bring up the Alternator and the pump bearing possibility with them.

The chief engineer said it's a hemespherical engine, so there is no danger of engine damage even if the timing belt snaps. Which might happen in a diesel Logan, which has a flat engine. And that removing the timing belt is not a very elaborate process.

I could not understand the hemespherical and flat bit. Also that timing belt replacement is a minor job, comes as a surprise to me. Are these guys making sense ?
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: whistling ringing noise   noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Hahaha this is the type of damage you can expect if the timing belt snaps http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:suExcUcDMSn0uM:http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/medium/IMG_00155.JPG&t=1
Stu
Back to top Go down
djaqobi
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
djaqobi

Male
Number of posts : 1
City, Country : tehran,iran
LOGAN Model : 1600 cc
ClubLogan Points : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: whistling ringing noise   noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:26 pm

hi,I had the same problem in 21000 km. it cost's for 410 $ equivalent in local currency for replacement of timing belt kit and engine tuning that none of them were coverd by guarantee.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: whistling ringing noise   noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:03 pm

The timing belt WILL be covered by warranty at that mileage!
or was the car Older than the warranty ?
if not then you have been RIPPED OFF
Back to top Go down
Parag
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Parag

Male

PostSubject: Re: whistling ringing noise   noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:28 pm

Scary... other than the noise, the car is running fine. But I guess, a problem needs to be resolved ... otherwise it may lead to bigger issues.

But am not sure, how far can one trust mahindra with the job.
March end my vehicle goes for servicing, that's when i have to take the call.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whistling ringing noise   noise - whistling ringing noise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whistling ringing noise
Page 1 of 1