ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tyre
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:28 pm by zapping

» Oil smell from A/C vents and Clutch change
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:26 pm by zapping

» 2010 Logan MCV Horn Wiring diagram
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:24 pm by zapping

» General information regarding spare parts
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:18 pm by zapping

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:10 am by vineethev

» TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION
Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:47 pm by mmehra

» Passion and Untiring Efforts
Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:38 pm by martin245

» Which ATF Fluid?
Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:27 pm by mmehra

» Engine stalling in idle and running
Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:31 am by Thomasmathew

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 62 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:20 am
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
20%
 20% [ 130 ]
Mist Silver
19%
 19% [ 123 ]
Fiery Black
18%
 18% [ 119 ]
Sahara Beige
10%
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
20%
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
3%
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
4%
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
3%
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
0%
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
3%
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 662
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245

sAuMiL

vsuprak

Mir...

RajeshNamb

ashutosh

HITESH

nayandeep

tomlai

Logan_loverinDelhi

Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
spare price service steering suspension manual tyres belt gear front LOGAN brake tyre cost clutch petrol timing filter Verito lamp light parts Side fuel problem diesel
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

My Red Bull

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dhanushan
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 94
City, Country : Bangalore
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 53
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: My Red Bull   Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:11 pm

Folks, I've completed 30000 kms on my 2 year old Logan DLX. Overall Ive found it to be a very good car. I will try to list out what I enjoyed most and what i din really like/could have been better. Not necessarily in order - as I thought about it.

The car is very comfortable and has got very good ride and handling. The space inside is awesome - anybody that has traveled with me has always been fascinated by the space that the car offers. Huge boot space makes it a very comfortable car for long journeys. Im from a family of 5 and have found it very satisfying.

The performance is good by my standards. it has very good pick up and good fuel efficiency. I routinely get about 15-16kmpl in city with AC on 99% of the time. On the highways, with some steady speeds of 120/130kmph I get about 18kmpl. Pickup has never been a problem once you get used to the car.

The body of the car is very sturdy and has been built well. there are some soft spots though - like the doors and dashboard which keep rattling now and then and requires a few drives to the service station to get it done.

I have found the clutch to be tighter than other diesel cars. Driving in traffic is sometimes a strain on my legs. This has not found much of a resolution, inspite of having the clutch cable changed twice and greased every time.

The steering is very responsive and I feel its slightly bigger that other cars of this size. Tight turning and parking is marginally tougher (slightly harder steering) than the Fiestas and Vernas.

Low suspension is a problem. We have really huge speed breakers (car breakers) in Bangalore. With 5 people and luggage - it is a challenge to manoeuvre these speedbreakers. I have taken quite a few hits on the underbelly of the car. But the good thing is that there is good metal shield running across the entire bottom of the car and none of these speed breakers have been able to do much damage.

AC is very good. Sometimes in very hot weather and parking in the hot sun for quite a while, the cooling time is more - insulation on the roof could have been better. Tinted glasses help a lot here.

Dashboard apart from making irritating sounds, also has a bad glare dur to the color. Its beige and when driving against the sun, cause some glare. This I understand, is corrected in latest variants.

The rear view mirror is not good enough. They are very small and provide a very limited view to drive in crowded cities like Bangalore. The latest variants of the Logan have a better rear view mirror - problem solved here.

Maintenance - The usual cycle is 6 months or evry 10000kms. Reasonable costs but not cheap to maintain. I have had to replace the break pads twice in these 30000kms costing me 1600 Rs. each time. Paid service labor costs Rs. 1000 and the consumables cost about 3500 Rs. The break pad wear for me is disappointing - I am reasonably a good driver and the break pads wore away at 15000 and 30000 kms. The 40000 and 60000 kms service will be a little more expensive as more components may require replacement.

I have a Torreador Red car and am very satisfied with the paint work and quality.

The head lights should have defintely been better. I am not happy with this. The best option would be to replace the bulbs with a higher power , which I will do soon.

Aesthetics - Not very good. Very ordinary and utilitarian. The lever to open the engine compartment is on the passenger front side and difficult to open. Cup holders are just there for the sake of it - not much of use as its very close to the dash panel. Except map pockets on the front doors, there is not much space. The glove box is also small.

Overall - My Red Bull is value for money (though its not cheap).
Good car, good space, good engine, good ride and handling, good comfort, low clearance (manageable), interiors could have been better.

I'm happy and I plan to keep my car atleast for another 8 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RajeshNamb
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer

Male
Number of posts : 655
City, Country : Bangalore, India
ClubLogan Points : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: My Red Bull   Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Thanks, nice and balanced review. I got my brake pads replaced during the 20,000Kms service interval. Now after having covered 40,000kms they said they didn't have to replace the brake pads this time around. I am happy. The total bill came upto about Rs5000 and odd for the 40,000kms service. I too plan to keep the car for quite sometime.
The clutch a little harder than usual after the wash. The travel went down too. I wonder what the guys have been upto. I took the car after service as I had some important work to attend to and went next day for getting it washed.

STILL, I haven't come across any logan in used car showrooms. If anyone does in Bangalore, please let us know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HITESH
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer

Male
Number of posts : 460
City, Country : ludhiana,punjab.india.
LOGAN Model : logan dls
ClubLogan Points : 260
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: My Red Bull   Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:35 pm

i got the brake pads changed at 40000 kms for the first time....

total amount for 40000 km service came to about rs 5400...

i only hate the rattling stuffs in the car like airbag fitted steering wheel , loose door panels..
and when parked in direct sunlight, then sqeaking roof also..

rest i love my car .....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: My Red Bull   Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:11 am

My Brakee Pads will be getting changed after 45000 km on Friday so as I can see from the last three posts here the brakes are very long lifed
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
RajeshNamb
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer

Male
Number of posts : 655
City, Country : Bangalore, India
ClubLogan Points : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: My Red Bull   Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:12 pm

I did complain about the vibrations in the door and dash. I didn't have big expectations but they have done an extraordinary job this time. I took the car to my native after service and had to go over very rough roads while passing through the forest. In fact, there was no surface at all. But I didn't hear any vibrations at all. A very good job by Sireesh Auto, Jakkur.

But the clutch hardness is my concern now. Stu, I noticed the rubber cover which is over the clutch lever is off. I am sure the chaps who take care of washing were upto no good. I noticed great changes to the clutch travel/play and hardness immediately after the wash. I didn't go back to them immediately as I had some important work to attend to.
Is it possible water could have gone into the bearing assembly and washed away the lubrication?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Red Bull   

Back to top Go down

My Red Bull
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1