ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_lcap20%petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_lcap19%petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_lcap18%petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_lcap10%petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_lcap20%petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_lcap3%petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_lcap4%petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_lcap3%petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_lcap0%petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_lcappetrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Voting_barpetrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_lcappetrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Voting_barpetrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
sensor engine fuel manual Starting coolant gear front price sound filter suspension verito logan petrol pump light alternator Plug boot radiator clutch belt axle diesel BRAKE
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?

Go down 
+3
vsuprak
martin245
mmehra
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male
Number of posts : 37
City, Country : New Delhi
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLE
ClubLogan Points : 47
Registration date : 2009-06-11

petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Empty
PostSubject: What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?   petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:33 am

Hi, I thought of bringing up this topic of running in of engine and for how many kms should the engine be kept below 3000 RPM when it is new.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?   petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:46 pm

For 1000 km dont drive over 3000 revs and still take it easy for another 1000 km and use your gears a lot do NOT labour the engine
then your car is ready for the world Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?   petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:27 pm

2000-2500 kms, all the while keeping it below 3000 rpm.
The mechanical parts (wearing parts) in the engine and all related systems need to get accustomed to every other contacting & mating part.

Once you're done past the 2500 km mark, you will yourself feel that the engine now feels more at ease with the way you drive.

And then like stu said, you and your car are ready for the world. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adamkathy23
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
adamkathy23

Male
Number of posts : 200
LOGAN Model : GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 205
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?   petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:30 pm

In any case, Dont rev it above 2000-2500 in the city. I did that for a month, efficiency went for a toss........From good 12-13/ltr to 9/ltr.... It sucks.......Lets see what happens while refilling this time......

N
Back to top Go down
Parag
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Parag

Male
Number of posts : 168
City, Country : Pune
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 214
Registration date : 2009-05-12

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?   petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:12 pm

My 1.4 has completed 3500 kms. It does feel like a different car after 3000 kms. I guess, th euser manual also states that the car would deliver optimum performance only after 3000 kms.
I did drive below 3000 rpm for 3000 kms.

the user manual asks you to drive below 130 kms / hr for 1st 3000 kms. The service center guy asked me to keep it below 3000 rpm... another guy from the same place who had come to check the car after about a month asked me to drive below 2500 rpm. The incharge after 1st service asked me to drive between 1500 and 2000 rpm.

The car would stall if i keep listening to them !!

anyways... i kept it belo 3000rpm.... and it feels great now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cluster-one.net
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?   petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:03 am

I also found out over here that the salesmen had no Idea of running in the car !One even told me dont drive over 5000 revs (TWIT)
anyway like you I treat it with utter respect and it is paying me back big time
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male
Number of posts : 659
City, Country : Ahmedabad, Gujarat
ClubLogan Points : 624
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?   petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:05 pm

lets say for first 1000 kms it is driven at approx 90 kmph speed which is attainable at around 2500 rpm.

so this means that first 1000 kms can be covered in approx 11 hours (1000/90) i.e. ((1000/90)x60) = 660 minutes

now this with 2500 rpm makes a total 2500x660 = 1650000 almost 1.6 million rotations of all various components within machine.

this suggests that it is only with 1.6 million rotations that engine runs in.

i believe half a million rotations for a petrol MPI SOHC 4 cylinder 8 valve machine should be enough for the run in.
reverse calculating with 500000 rotations we reach to a statement that

if you run the engine at 2500 rpm for first 300 kms at the speed of 90 kmph then this should be enough.

However the arguing factor here is the figure of half million rotations which i personally feel should be enough for today's engines.
reason being engine technology is nothing new.
Back to top Go down
mmehra
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
mmehra

Male
Number of posts : 37
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLE
ClubLogan Points : 47
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?   petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:53 pm

Abstract analysis. Nice!

Yes since engine components are machined to close tolerances and with changes in metallurgy, the running in of engine to 1000 kms is good.

However the 1.4 KJ7 engine is freeing up as it is being run more and more. This can be felt as one drives.

I have started to push the car now with 3900 kms on the meter. The engine is smooth but the gearing is such that the first two gears are just to move the car and bring it in powerband. The acceleration happens in third fourth and fifth gear. To me it feels like one has to synchronise ones putting pressure on the accelerator and the linear pickup of the engine.
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male
Number of posts : 659
City, Country : Ahmedabad, Gujarat
ClubLogan Points : 624
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?   petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 4:15 pm

correct, first two gears of logan are different from other petrol engines i have driven. second gear does not add in pick up.

and rightly the pressure on accelarator pedal goes with linear pickup of engine and it is a big factor in smooth feel of the running engine.
Back to top Go down
adamkathy23
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
adamkathy23

Male
Number of posts : 200
LOGAN Model : GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 205
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?   petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:43 am

Ok, After some careful and steady driving, Its back to 12.5. Not bad, not bad at all!!!!

N
Back to top Go down
ashvinsivram
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
ashvinsivram

Male
Number of posts : 7
City, Country : Bangalore
LOGAN Model : 1.6L GLX
ClubLogan Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?   petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:00 am

For First 2500 KMs do not exceed 2000 RPM. After that do not exceed 2500 RPM till 5000 KMs.

Ashwin
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?   petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:56 am

Crap !!!!! petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_porc
For 1000 km dont drive over 3000 revs and still take it easy for another 1000 km and use your gears a lot do NOT labour the engine
then your car is ready for the world Wink

With 2000 revs your car will not not get run in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?   petrol - What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the best way to run in Logan petrol engine?
Page 1 of 1