ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_lcapAre you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Voting_barAre you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_lcapAre you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Voting_barAre you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
boot filter Plug fuel suspension price manual logan radiator BRAKE coolant verito sensor clutch gear belt engine light petrol Starting alternator sound pump front diesel axle
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Are you satisfied with your Logan

Go down 
+16
HITESH
nayandeep
sAuMiL
Parag
Logan_loverinDelhi
Mir...
Loganromeo
rdr
adamkathy23
vsuprak
tomlai
nilanjan
ajajaj
martin245
RajeshNamb
ezee
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Are you Satisfied with Your Logan
Yes
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_lcap83%Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 83% [ 25 ]
No
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Dont Know
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:04 am

Here is a little bit more info for you from the Brit with the New Avtar check this out and count how many Logans have been are still are being sold throughout the world
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacia_Logan
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male
Number of posts : 659
City, Country : Ahmedabad, Gujarat
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLX
ClubLogan Points : 624
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:12 am

stu as far as i know india is a very different market alltogether.

in my previous company the management wanted to expand. we had all that needs to expand in india. however we did not. because top survey firms around the globe discovered informatively with statistical figures that india would be tough to sell in with the expertise we had.

when it comes to cars believe me ppl dont mind interiors as much as the exteriors.

this is answer to why
hyundai accent which is a shit all model is still selling like hot cakes. same for linea. its not powerful. engine clealry lacks power. but still it is famous. the only drawback is probably bad name for FIAT in india. however just because it looks gorgeous ppl are going for it.

on the other hand if you see toyota corolla though it being a decent car its not tat much in. instead skodas are in.
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male
Number of posts : 380
City, Country : Kolkata
LOGAN Model : Logan GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 152
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 1:22 am

tomlai wrote:
Stu: You wouldnt face the problem we are, since you drive a Left Hand Drive Logan ... steering-column is not in the same relative position.

Does steering column joint interfere with your braking/acceleration pedals?

What I meant was, in our case, in RHD, the steering column comes down directly above the clutch pedal, whereas the accelerator and brake are away from it. I was assuming in LHD, the steering column would descend over your right leg, and so be above your accelerator pedal, and there would be space above your clutch pedal towards the left.
Back to top Go down
ezee
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
ezee

Male
Number of posts : 279
City, Country : Gurgaon
LOGAN Model : DLS 2007
ClubLogan Points : 250
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:31 pm

One of my cousin visited my home from London and I gave him my car for some time, and the first impression he told me is how can Renault make such a cheap class car. He himself using Renault scenic (http://www.renault.co.uk/cars/model/newscenic/product.aspx) which is I think 1.9 Petrol.

He laughed on the indicator light (<->), said this kind of light used when parking lights (both indicator on). And also said that Renault in EU are know to produce best class cars, but may be its India and target is middle upper class buyers.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 3:46 pm

What an ungratefull cousin !!You lend him your beloved car and he laughs at it No .The indicator is ok whats wrong with just <> if anyone needs one showing left OR right extra then he must have Alzeimers and forgets what he has just done affraid Renault have put a good car together using also parts from the Scenic I think your cousin is a bit jealous of your car Suspect
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 3:50 pm

And the best class cars in Europe are BMW Mercedes & Porsch forget the rest its German all the way
Back to top Go down
ezee
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
ezee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 4:03 pm

Once again you proved yourself martin, I think if this goes this way and you continue to make a joke of we Indians then I am sorry @saumil I would not like to be associated with a forum like this once again.

Bye, Best of Luck to you all and enjoy your Logans. I am signing off permanently.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 4:10 pm

Please explain where i have made a joke in my last posting ??
I stated facts and if those facts come over a bit hard then i am sorry
but I will not change my style of writing just to keep people happy ! I am me and I will stay this way .I answer truthfully this may seem hard but what do you want ? Should I agree to all that is written ? I think not
and I do not Make Jokes about Indian People .I feel very hurt about this remark .
Bye Bye
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male
Number of posts : 1680
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Guys,Chill..

It is Martin's Loveforhis car that makes him say this and all else. If u obvserve, ezee, other Loganizers are responding to your posts, neutrally.

For your queries, the indicators are alittle funny but no concern assuch. Actually the light is just to remind you incase u keep it engaged, which direction you did it in is not for u to be reminded right.

I am also worried about the clutch cable problem you are facing. But if you see, not many really are facing that problem. Seems to be a one-of case! But yes, aproblem is a problem and should have been dealt with by the service centers more responsibly. I, can say from my side that i dont face any clutch related problems. Not even the reverse gear issue.

Anyways, guess that is now settled!

All i can do here is ask you to stay back. You, being one of the older members of the forum, a little hush-pushhere and there shouldnt be a matter of concern, should it??
Back to top Go down
http://www.ClubLogan.com
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:49 pm

take it easy ... ezee
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male
Number of posts : 448
City, Country : Kolkata, India.
LOGAN Model : DLS 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 267
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:34 pm

Hey this is how I feel...
We all are love Logan because we own it. But what's true is true. Renault have used Logan just as frog sample in laboratory, just to see how it fares in India. This is not my comment, its from one Mahindra Renault tech guy of Mahindra service center. And I feel he is absolutely correct. The indicators, door problem, ceiling noise, loose dashboard are not very serious issues I agree, but guys why should we accept that even. Afterall we have paid quite a handsome amount for our cars. It might be cheap in Germany or any other parts of the world, but not here in India. I am not complaining of its appearance, but Logan should match the aesthetics of the contemporary cars of its class, that's it. Thats the mantra of survival. If any so called experienced or "know everything" guy in the forum tries to prove any thing logically against these faults of Logan, then I think why at all should we need any car of our own, just use public transport. That closes all arguement about whats bad and what's good about our owned cars and that's the most true and logical explanation.
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Its summer time folks. Lets keep the heat low flower

Logan is a GOOD car.

@Mir: Agree that people here want Aishwarya Rai's
@Ezee: Agree that Linea is damn cool & stylish
@Mir: Agree again that Indian market is altogether diferent

Germans, Japanese and Americans & Europeans are still figuring how to crack the market here.

The Japansese (read suzuki) seems to be doing great job at it however.
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:54 pm

nayandeep wrote:
...Renault have used Logan just as frog sample in laboratory, just to see how it fares in India. This is not my comment, its from one Mahindra Renault tech guy of Mahindra service center....

I dont agree completely. You dont spend 400Cr rupees just for test-marketing. I was myslef involved with Mahindra and Renault when the plant was being setup. And boy! you should have seen the passion that these guys had for the project.
If you really neede test marketing, you could go the CKD/SKD route.

Its just an example of poor planning that MR failed to foresee.
And they were expecting this model to do close to 40000 units a year, competing with Dzire and a slew of other launches & upgardes !!! affraid

I mean, come-on guys. We ourselves know how volatile our market is. Its like a swarm of bees. Once the mob moves in a direction, people blindly follow. If direction changes, they change again. We people dont even know what exactly we want from our cars. Its like we want everything. Atleast a little bit of everything.

We need bling. And at a low cost. We fancy features that we like to brag about. (Not you logan owners. Since you aint got any such features. But just loook at other cars with features.)

Just to mention a post by a member in Team-BHP forum. I think he has hit the nail bang-on. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/58685-big-question-indian-car-market-toughest-one-crack-earth.html

Ifyou want a 3rd party opinion on the VFM factor of Logan, check this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/50883-logan-vfm-now-after-70-000-inr-discount.html

I am not targeting any member here. Its just that our market is like that.

What say?
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

tomlai wrote:
tomlai wrote:
Stu: You wouldnt face the problem we are, since you drive a Left Hand Drive Logan ... steering-column is not in the same relative position.

Does steering column joint interfere with your braking/acceleration pedals?

What I meant was, in our case, in RHD, the steering column comes down directly above the clutch pedal, whereas the accelerator and brake are away from it. I was assuming in LHD, the steering column would descend over your right leg, and so be above your accelerator pedal, and there would be space above your clutch pedal towards the left.
Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Clutch10
This is my Clutch and stuff
My Next door Neighbour thought I was going mad taking Photos under the dashboard ah well I am a Logan owner and we are a different breed
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:48 pm

he he he he.
Laughing
i am sure he might be thinking that stu has gone crazy....
Back to top Go down
ezee
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
ezee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:49 am

@vsuprak - If MR guys spend 400 Cr and had passion like anything, also everything was just perfect then why they failed, and yes they are in JV with Indias one of the most trusted companies (Mahindra - look at Scorpio, Bolero sales figure ... even XYLO is beating Logan), also one cant complain that Mahindra is not doing good, they are doing every bit of possible help to take the sales upwards, Mahindra engineers having meetings with Reno management, explaining problems again n again - but they refuse to rectify (as per words of a senior engineer from Mahindra) so wahts left alone? Guess .... the product, it is the product only which failed.

I am the person who wrote most of the good things about Logan also I searched threads in TBHP, defending Logan and suggest people to buy Logan (even you have look at my blog as well about my passion for Logan) and I am not concerned about How big is Renault, what Mahindra is doing, how satisfied Logan customers and how much successful Logan is worlwide but the only point in mind that - I had spent 705000 Rs for a car which I cant resale and which has no future in India (I am accepting Its my fault only my coz I was impressed by Renaults impression worlwide).
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:04 pm

I would not part ways in agreeing that Mahindra is doing decent in Indian market.

i have exactly same concern that @ezee has. i have raised this many times on this forum.

I have spent my 5,25,000 on this 1.4 GLX and i would not like to see Logan fading away from market.

However i do believe in Renault products.
What i dont believe is their indian strategy? No visibility.
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Just as I thought, for RHD, that steering column joint always touches the tip of my size 10 sneaker ... will do a Stu and send my neighbours crazy and photograph our RHD clutch, etc!
Back to top Go down
Mir...
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Mir...

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:23 pm

size 10...
u stayin in some himalayas or something??? just jokin...
would be difficult for you on the pedals i guess.

in one of my previous cars, whever i wore chappals instead of proper shoes i had to drive bare footed as it would not grip with any of the pedals always causing a slip of foot.
Back to top Go down
rdr
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
rdr

Male
Number of posts : 357
City, Country : Chennai, India
LOGAN Model : Mahindra Logan Edge 1.6 GLSx ABS
ClubLogan Points : 302
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:14 pm

I am size 11. And had the same problem when I started driving the Logan. I've gotten used to it now I guess.
Back to top Go down
HITESH
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
HITESH

Male
Number of posts : 460
City, Country : ludhiana,punjab.india.
LOGAN Model : logan dls
ClubLogan Points : 260
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:21 pm

my size is 8 Very Happy

child in front of u all 10 sizers Razz
(PJ)
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Hey you guys with BIG feet just chop of your toes and drive barefoot affraid
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:48 am

ezee wrote:
@vsuprak - If MR guys spend 400 Cr and had passion like anything, also everything was just perfect then why they failed...

Thats exactly what i wrote earlier
vsuprak wrote:
...Its just an example of poor planning that MR failed to foresee. And they were expecting this model to do close to 40000 units a year, competing with Dzire and a slew of other launches & upgardes !!! affraid ...

Mahindra thought they had a winner because the Logan was performing well in other countries as a mass car.

But by the time it was launched here, it was already too old in terms of the Indian context. And from day2, it was out of place.

It was bought only by those, to whome practicality made sense.
The markets changed, new models with styling and features never seen before.

So where do you think that would leave th old workhorse??

Ideally MR should have planned smething new or refrehing for India.
You (read Mahindra) cant expect to bring in a 80 year old horse and then expect it to keep going strong for more years.

And regarding the fading focus of MR on the logan, it worries me equally. Not that i was planning to sell of ma car in 5yrs.
But it still worries me. there's no denying that. No
Back to top Go down
nilanjan
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
nilanjan

Male
Number of posts : 169
City, Country : Kolkata, India
LOGAN Model : 1.5 DLX
ClubLogan Points : 90
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:51 am

what i think was, renault was searching for a partner in india to have a market survey, and since logan was a success all over the world so they gambled with it.............and till date, only Mahindra & Mahindra is the only company that does not sell a sedan or a hatchback, so they went into a JV with M & M.........

Now, M & M was initially on their feet with a new international car, and there used to be logan ads two years back, but when they saw that there is nothing new in this sedan, and since the engine is of renault, they understood they would neither gain customers for their SUVs nor will they have M & M's name at the top of the list if LOGAN is a success in India, so they gave up and possibly i think, the JV of renault and M & M will break in a year or two( if renault deosn't introduces a new model).........

I am just a student so i hardly have any idea of Marketing strategies so i may be wrong........
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:10 am

I look at it this way
The type of person that buys a Logan as stated on this forum is someone who wants to see value for money Room in his car and relieability .all these things are there in a Logan
OK if you want a cheap Jap car with looks but one without a boot and no legroom for your passengers then thats the way to go .and when the passengers leave the Jap car they say .I dont want a lift in that anymore
BUT in the logan they will defo say WOW so much room in here and what did it cost you ......WHAT !!!!! So cheap and so roomy ....A Good Buy
good bye
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you satisfied with your Logan
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next