ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Immobilizer got activated
Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

» Oil smell from A/C vents and Clutch change
Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 4:38 pm by zapping

Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_lcap20%Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_lcap19%Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_lcap18%Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_lcap10%Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_lcap20%Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_lcap3%Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_lcap4%Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_lcap3%Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_lcap0%Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_lcapAre you satisfied with your Logan Voting_barAre you satisfied with your Logan Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_lcapAre you satisfied with your Logan Voting_barAre you satisfied with your Logan Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
sensor petrol engine filter price clutch sound fuel radiator suspension boot alternator BRAKE coolant front Plug pump gear axle diesel light verito Starting belt manual logan
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Are you satisfied with your Logan

Go down 
+16
HITESH
nayandeep
sAuMiL
Parag
Logan_loverinDelhi
Mir...
Loganromeo
rdr
adamkathy23
vsuprak
tomlai
nilanjan
ajajaj
martin245
RajeshNamb
ezee
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Are you Satisfied with Your Logan
Yes
Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_lcap83%Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_rcap
 83% [ 25 ]
No
Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_lcap13%Are you satisfied with your Logan Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Dont Know
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
ezee
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
ezee

Male
Number of posts : 279
City, Country : Gurgaon
LOGAN Model : DLS 2007
ClubLogan Points : 250
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Are you satisfied with your Logan Empty
PostSubject: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:40 pm

I love my car and infact I wrote a lot good stuff about it, posted comments, suggested people to buy and atlast love to drive but without its clutch.

Yes its true, Its affecting me because I developed a regular knee pain (only in left leg). I wrote a blog and sent a mail as well (once more) to Mahindra CC. But I am sure nothing will happen.

Also in the other Ramanian forum they confirmed that their Logan has a haydraulic clutch (more frustrating for me) (http://www.daciaclub.ro/Clutch-Type-in-Logan-1-5-DCi-t144404.html)

But somewhere, somehow most of the peole complaint only about its clutch.

PS: Saumil I am posting links here just for clarification purpose, If you feel unappropriate please delete them
Back to top Go down
RajeshNamb
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
RajeshNamb

Male
Number of posts : 655
City, Country : Bangalore, India
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:06 pm

The moment I felt knee pain, I realised that my seating was not right. I tried shifting the seat front and back and soon enough came upon the right distance. I haven't experienced any knee pain since. I travel 75kms-80kms commuting between office and home.
I do agree the clutch is a bit hard.
Back to top Go down
ezee
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
ezee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:48 pm

Rajesh, I tell you these were my earlier symptoms of knee pain - I did same as you mentioned, adjusted distance, height everything I can but now what I feel I shared with you guys.

I know lot of things cause discomfort in your daily life, also pain and fitness can be managed but I am disappointed towards M&R guys thinks a buyer paying 7.1 Lakhs cant pay 7.2 with hydraulic clutch - rediculous.
Back to top Go down
RajeshNamb
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
RajeshNamb

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:50 pm

You have a point, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
ezee
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
ezee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:48 pm

so the update is - they have changed the clutch wire and yes now its softer than earlier, but the problem is, as time goes that wire catches dirt and grease and becomes harder (just like a bike clutch).

I checked wire which they inserted and its same as a bikes clutch wire (a bit thicker) and open at one end.

I wonder if anyone can develop some solution for it. Do you guys know what sort of clutch technology Maruti Swift Dzire has?

(because I drove Dzire and I tell you its like breeze in terms of clutch and low power bands)
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:44 am

I have just been thinking about this pain .!!!! I dont think it is a clutch problem .I think it is due to the short seat that you sit on MEANING the seat is a little bit shorter than other seats and you put pressure on the top inside of your leg cutting off a bit of blood supply My wife gets this bad as passenger and I have also had it on a long journey .I hope you understand what I mean Indtead of you sitting on the seat and your legs drop down direct at the end of the seat you actualy have about 3inches space between the front of the seat and your legs causing a cut in circulation
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
RajeshNamb
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
RajeshNamb

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:08 pm

It is the seating posture. If I shift my seat a little closure I end up developing the pain. Yes, the clutch will definitely get harder as the days go by. Your only solution is adopting different seating positions. The clutch in the Hyundai Verna is also very 'soft'.
If you use the same approach with regard to hard clutch then the drivers of heavy vehicles would have a permanant limp while walking. I am sure the clutch in buses and lorries are definitely much harder when complared to the Logan.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:10 pm

Yes the clutches on lorrys and larger vehicles are harder BUT we sit more upright than in a car so we have more leverage on the pedal
Back to top Go down
ajajaj
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
ajajaj

Male
Number of posts : 38
LOGAN Model : 1.6 gls
ClubLogan Points : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:02 pm

Yes i too agree with Stu....i too felt this prob 3-4 times..but i jus ignored it. Thought it's not worth making a fuss about...moreover 'adjusting' comes easy to us Indians. I only wonder if there 's a solution to this other than adjusting postures..Alright i better not crib on this further or else il end up getting it good from dad ! lol...
Back to top Go down
ezee
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
ezee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 5:45 pm

@ajajaj - thats exactly what Mahindra Renault want Smile

Try driving Swift Dzire and then compare, also regarding posture .... please read my first two posts, as I have already tried every combination possible.

Also regarding buses and lorries - they all have hydraulic clutch these days and I bet they are much softer than Logan (except old age trucks). Try driving Scorpio (another from Mahindra) is far better than Logan.

To all Logan owners - The problem is problem and I cant just ignore because I own Logan and I cant listen bad words. Its the purpose of this forum, to raise your voice loud and clear, so they stand some where.
Back to top Go down
ezee
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
ezee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 6:01 pm

Also I talked to one Head Engineer Logan at service center and we talked about Logan problems. He accepted humbly that only few problems hurting sales of Logan in India, like:

- Clutch Problem
- Interiors quality
- Some odd looking things like GAP between bumper and body (which helps make it look ugly)
- Some others like position of switches etc.

I agree that we all can manage with these but not the prospective buyer, which was accepted by him. Last month only 516 Logans sold India wide and this number is slowly getting down.

As per engineer the outcome was - they sent a list of problems and had meetings with Renault for Logan, but Renault did not agree to modify these by simply saying that Logan is a big hit in countries like Romania and we will make it a hit in India as well.

So by looking these sales figures it will never be a hit, but can be story like Fiat.

"Ye India Hai Bhai - Romania Nahi"
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Didnt you guys take your cars for a road test before you bought them
Back to top Go down
nilanjan
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
nilanjan

Male
Number of posts : 169
City, Country : Kolkata, India
LOGAN Model : 1.5 DLX
ClubLogan Points : 90
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:29 pm

yes, but the road test car or the demo car is well tuned to give more mileage and give better performance than the rest......
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:13 am

Oh come on pull the other one !! A lot of you think you are put in this world to be ripped off !!! What do you think? That you will get a special Logan to do a test drive in ? Come on Special Clutch less fuel more Power What will you say next ?
Back to top Go down
nilanjan
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
nilanjan

Male
Number of posts : 169
City, Country : Kolkata, India
LOGAN Model : 1.5 DLX
ClubLogan Points : 90
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:03 am

no the thing is the dealer will have a demo car for the test drive and that will not be the one you are going to purchase and if you select a car from the showroom for test drive, either you have to buy that car or you will not be allowed to take test drive on that car........that's the way it goes in India...
though i got a new one from the showroom, since the demo car was off for servicing...
but yes, i am very much satisfied with my logan, atleast till now...
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:14 am

Do you realy think that a firm as big as Renault would let Mahindra rip off its customers this way .It is more than the few pounds it saves is worth
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male
Number of posts : 380
City, Country : Kolkata
LOGAN Model : Logan GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 152
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:12 am

I don't find the clutch that hard, although I do find its motion a little different from the MarutiSuzuki ones I had driven, and the whole foot needs to be used to press the clutch rather than using the tip of the foot only.

The depression in the carpet around the clutch pedal makes it necessary to press down with the tip of the foot in a straight line rather than being able to pivot the left foot keeping heel fixed in one place, which is possible to do so with the brake and accelerator pedals on Logan.

Also I find that due to my foot size (10), if I don't keep adjusting my left foot, the tip of my shoe will touch the nut-bolt of the steering column joint which is just above the clutch pedal.

BTW the Scorpio clutch was a bit lighter than Logan and steering much lighter
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:32 pm

tomlai wrote:
...Also I find that due to my foot size (10), if I don't keep adjusting my left foot, the tip of my shoe will touch the nut-bolt of the steering column joint which is just above the clutch pedal...
Yup. Need to keep shifting the foot position on the clutch pedal (size 10) to prevent gradual movement (read slipping) towards the steering nut/bolt column.Not much of a problem. Got used to it now. 
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:58 pm

I dont have my foot on the clutch long enough to have to adjust my foots position
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Darn! Indian traffic conditions. Gotta fall in love with the clutch. Else difficult to survive  Smile 
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:07 pm

I have a little trick for you guys that live in a congested area .Its so easy and good for your legs .......Get a bike lol!
Back to top Go down
RajeshNamb
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
RajeshNamb

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Nilanjan, I don't agree that they'll put in superior components/parts in the test drive vehicle. Yes, I do agree that the clutch is much 'softer' in most of the other vehicles. Also I have never had any problems with regard to getting a test drive. I have lost count of the number of vehicles I have test driven.
Ezee, have you driven another Logan and felt the same (hard clutch) in comparison to your car?
Back to top Go down
RajeshNamb
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
RajeshNamb

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:48 pm

Yes, the clutch has a long 'travel' when compared to other cars in the same segment. Its very obvious when one drives a small car after driving the Logan for sometime.
Back to top Go down
adamkathy23
Senior Loganizer!
Senior Loganizer!
adamkathy23

Male
Number of posts : 200
City, Country : New Delhi
LOGAN Model : GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 205
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:05 pm

Has anyone realised that it is a mobile Gym. Roll up/down the manual windows and get muscular arms..... use the clutch and have great calves......AC is just ok, So you sweat none the less and burn calories....Extensive use of power steering helps build upper Lats and Delts....... afro voila, I am loving it... cheers

N
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:47 pm

martin245 wrote:
I have a little trick for you guys that live in a congested area .Its so easy and good for your legs .......Get a bike lol!

Already have one. Still use it occassionaly. More addicted to the LOGAN I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you satisfied with your Logan   Are you satisfied with your Logan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you satisfied with your Logan
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next