ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Immobilizer got activated
Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

» Oil smell from A/C vents and Clutch change
Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 4:38 pm by zapping

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
Rear seat roof light Vote_lcap20%Rear seat roof light Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
Rear seat roof light Vote_lcap19%Rear seat roof light Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
Rear seat roof light Vote_lcap18%Rear seat roof light Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
Rear seat roof light Vote_lcap10%Rear seat roof light Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
Rear seat roof light Vote_lcap20%Rear seat roof light Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
Rear seat roof light Vote_lcap3%Rear seat roof light Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
Rear seat roof light Vote_lcap4%Rear seat roof light Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
Rear seat roof light Vote_lcap0%Rear seat roof light Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
Rear seat roof light Vote_lcapRear seat roof light Voting_barRear seat roof light Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
Rear seat roof light Vote_lcapRear seat roof light Voting_barRear seat roof light Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
filter belt suspension clutch verito coolant light pump BRAKE engine boot logan gear front sensor fuel alternator manual sound petrol Plug diesel Starting price radiator axle
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Rear seat roof light

Go down 
+8
valera
tomlai
vsuprak
RajeshNamb
devmsct
Logan_loverinDelhi
martin245
nayandeep
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male
Number of posts : 447
City, Country : Kolkata, India.
LOGAN Model : DLS 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 264
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Rear seat roof light Empty
PostSubject: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 8:06 pm

Hi Guys, I feel there should be some light installed at the middle of the roof for the rear passengers. This is something I felt very stupid on the part of Renault (don't know if the European version has that). Even tata indigo has one. So can anyone help me out on what good quality and goos looking light I can fit on the roof. I just dislike the reading light in the accessories section. That is a prehistoric concept used in Suzuki Esteem.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 5:10 pm

What the heck do you want to read in thge back for ???
Its only the UPPER class that has a rear seat light because the owner sits in the back and the chauffer drives
stu
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:39 am

Anything u read at home Martin, can be read during long drive buddy.
If u think so logically Martin, then why the hell do u own a car. Just grab a cab and off u go. What is ur definition of UPPER class?? In India Logan costs around 7 lakhs and thats not at all a small amount buddy(atleast in India). Also its not of UPPEr or lower class, I did not buy this car only to carry myself. My family members frequently use to sit at the rear (cannot afford to sit all in the front right??). So to me, if not for u, it seems very funny to carry a torch to read something sitting in the back at night. This is a basic necessity for any sensible thinking person, I guess.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:19 am

OK nayandeep why do you want to read in the car you are driving in Buddy
I own a car because i do a lot of driving Buddy
8000 euros is also not a small amount Buddy
and now for the best bit Buddy
It is unsafe to drive a car in the night with interior lights on in fact it should be forbidden (maybe is) Buddy
But as you claim to be a sesible thinking person carry on as you want .and drive with the interior lights on but make sure you leave your family at home Buddy

READ THIS Especialy the bit about the dead children !!!!BUDDY

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080801222202AAQg34i

Stu
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:00 pm

Hey does anyone fit any light at the rear roof top? I have bought a set of some round lights from USA with sticker at the back. They can be stuck at any place, but the problem is that they run on batteries. Can I get lights like the one indigo fit there?
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Ah if you have sticky ones then you could stick them on each pasenger door at the right hight for the passenger to read without yourself getting blinded are these lights the ones with LEDs in the 4 LEDs if so they are pretty good and run on one set of batterys for 10000 hours
You could even stick them To the back seat
Stu
Back to top Go down
Logan_loverinDelhi
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Logan_loverinDelhi

Male
Number of posts : 360
City, Country : New Delhi, India
LOGAN Model : 1.6GLX
ClubLogan Points : 135
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:57 pm

good answers Stu.. Nayan completely blew his lid.. point is Logan is an entry level sedan by all extrapolations of the word.. while a reading lamp could be useful (if rightly used it does not cause visibility issues for the driver at all) it needs to be a proper one.. a cabin light fixed to the roof is a very Ambassador concept and is a strict no no wrt safety... I think those Led lamps with flexy stands, mounted near the left rear speaker is the best and most comfortable idea...

however.. i do wonder how much reading one really does these days.. and the ones that do should keep the driver's comfort and one's own safety at a higher priority than the reading...
Back to top Go down
devmsct
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
devmsct

Male
Number of posts : 2
City, Country : Delhi,India
LOGAN Model : GLS 1.6
ClubLogan Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 9:40 pm

Hey Dudes,
If i can add something...i also did felt having a back seat light as i drive long with my family. But it didn't worked out as it really disturbs your driving.
If you really need one, the focused reading sticks are good options as it folds back to the reader but not glares on your eyes...!
Back to top Go down
RajeshNamb
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
RajeshNamb

Male
Number of posts : 655
City, Country : Bangalore, India
LOGAN Model : DLX
ClubLogan Points : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 4:15 pm

Nayan, install them only if absoutely necessary. Other than diverting the drivers attention it is also not good for the eyes. The eye has to continuosly adjust the focal length when the car goes over potholes, humps and uneven surfaces. Also, I am very doubtful about the suitability of the lamp brightness for serious reading when travelling long distances.
Back to top Go down
RajeshNamb
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
RajeshNamb

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 4:17 pm

If a general purpose roof lamp was provided at the rear it would have been good.
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:00 am

I would never prefer to read with that. but that light always comes in handy. For example I sometimes clean my car at night. That time to see the floor that light does prove to be helpful. Or if some minute thing drops out of hand at the rear those lights do provide some help. These are some additions which give extra help in some situations. Giving that light does not mean, I have to always keep it on whenever I am driving. Indigo is cheaper than Logan and still it has that, so the cheper price does not support the reason for absence of rear light.
Back to top Go down
RajeshNamb
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
RajeshNamb

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:24 am

nayandeep wrote:
For example I sometimes clean my car at night. That time to see the floor that light does prove to be helpful. Or if some minute thing drops out of hand at the rear those lights do provide some help.

I completely agree with you on that point. That is the reason I mentioned that if a general purpose roof light was provided at the rear it would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:40 pm

These are some minor examples, I had to explicitely give to make some people understand. Even a newbie driver can realise its need and one does not need to drive a lot everyday to know how this light comes handy.

The light that is in the accessories section has the style of 90's. Some Maruti esteem owners used to have this. I am trying to figure out if I can cut out a portion of reskin on the ceiling and fit one like in Tata Indigo.
Back to top Go down
Logan_loverinDelhi
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Logan_loverinDelhi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:25 pm

am sorry.. this is not meant to offend your personal choice.. but I would find that suggestion horrendous in my car Nayan..

as i said no offenses meant..
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:44 am

I agree with u bro, it really seems horrendous Laughing , but I really love to try odd and strange things with my car. Some examples are my Logan's vinyl sticken C pillars, painted mud flaps etc.
Back to top Go down
RajeshNamb
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
RajeshNamb

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 7:16 pm

Nayan, be very careful when you fiddle with the wiring.
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:22 am

Ye Rajesh, I am thinking of visiting a shop here who are famous for doing car modification. Its called Glix. I will consult them and post the info in the forum.
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 1:53 pm

In case you want the lights only for convenience during cleaning ur car or when u have dropped something, then u should probably buy the magnetic light accessory which can be plugged to the cigarette lighter and placed anywhere in the car.

At Toyota, we introduced a roof mounted lamp for passengers in the rear seat as an accessory. It did pass the homologation requirement, as the lights are focussed onto the passengers lap.

In case u are using the lamp with stickers on the back, make sure there's something else to hold it in place coz if u stick it to the roof, then in summers the heat is gonna bake the stickers and the lamp is gonna fall in your own laps.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
nayandeep
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
nayandeep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:23 pm

Is that lamp mounted on the roof using scews? I agree only stickers will not hold on to the oof reskin. Will I get that Toyata lamp in Toyata showroom and please let me know how to fit it.
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:23 am

There is an arrangement that is self locking once the cut is made to accomodate the lamp. Stickers are only to prevent movement within.

You can check out at any toyota dealership
In ur case u probably shud visit Topsel Toyota

I hope u find wat ur looking for
Back to top Go down
Logan_loverinDelhi
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Logan_loverinDelhi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:18 pm

look at this toyota guy canvassing our logan lovers!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:18 pm

Just leaking out information, which otherwise would be spread as high technology stuff Razz

And anyway, am a loganizer myself all the way Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Logan_loverinDelhi
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
Logan_loverinDelhi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:57 pm

vsuprak.. was just jesting buddy... geek
Back to top Go down
vsuprak
vsuprak

Male

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:04 pm

I woudl never mind!
U all can ping me for any information you feel needs some validation.
The lamp i refered to above is designed for Corolla Altis.
It has a template to fit it on the roof and is a very decent stuff.
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male
Number of posts : 380
City, Country : Kolkata
LOGAN Model : Logan GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 152
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:25 pm

Has anyone looked for the unused electrical wiring meant for the rear boot light. According to the best of my knowledge, the same wiring harness would have gone into all variants and then selectively devices would or would not be connected to it, so that the wiring harness need not be redone entirely during an upgrade.

Was thinking of tapping into that plug to get power for a 3rd-party boot light as well as something for a rear seat roof light, etc.

Basically trying to get a ready 12V powersupply in the rear of the vehicle ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear seat roof light   Rear seat roof light Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear seat roof light
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next