ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tyre
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:28 pm by zapping

» Oil smell from A/C vents and Clutch change
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:26 pm by zapping

» 2010 Logan MCV Horn Wiring diagram
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:24 pm by zapping

» General information regarding spare parts
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:18 pm by zapping

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:10 am by vineethev

» TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION
Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:47 pm by mmehra

» Passion and Untiring Efforts
Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:38 pm by martin245

» Which ATF Fluid?
Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:27 pm by mmehra

» Engine stalling in idle and running
Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:31 am by Thomasmathew

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 62 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:20 am
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
20%
 20% [ 130 ]
Mist Silver
19%
 19% [ 123 ]
Fiery Black
18%
 18% [ 119 ]
Sahara Beige
10%
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
20%
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
3%
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
4%
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
3%
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
0%
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
3%
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 662
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245

sAuMiL

vsuprak

Mir...

RajeshNamb

ashutosh

HITESH

nayandeep

tomlai

Logan_loverinDelhi

Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
petrol filter front fuel problem service parts manual light Verito tyre belt timing price lamp clutch spare LOGAN Side brake gear cost steering suspension tyres diesel
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

ADHINAV BINDRA WINS INDIAS 1ST EVER INDIVIDUAL GOLD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1680
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: ADHINAV BINDRA WINS INDIAS 1ST EVER INDIVIDUAL GOLD   Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:27 pm

BEIJING: The final shot from Abhinav Bindra's rifle may not have been heard outside the packed hall in the Beijing Shooting Range Complex on Monday morning. But its bang was loud enough to lift the spirit of a billion-plus Indians back home.

No individual gold has mattered so much to so many people in the history of Olympics. It was a medal for Abhinav; it was redemption for India. Never again will anyone be able to point a smug, sardonic finger and say: "No Indian is good
enough to win an individual Olympic gold."

Hockey's eight gold medals notwithstanding, the last coming 28 years ago, this is the first time that an Indian has won an individual gold since modern Olympics started in 1896. There is no greater joy than listening to the sound of the national anthem on the world's biggest stage.

The global media looked bemused as grown-up Indians danced like little children, shedding tears of joy. How can they
understand?

The joy was also spurred by the improbable nature of the triumph. The script of the men's 10m air rifle final might have been penned by Alfred Hitchcock himself. Bindra, who qualified for the final in the morning with the fourth-best score of 596, looked calm and assured when the call for the first shot came.

The first shot - 10.7. He started with a bang and that set the tone for the 10-shot final. He followed it up with a 10.3. After the third shot, a 10.4, he had moved from No. 3 to No. 2. Then, Bindra slowly ate into the lead of Finland's Henri Hakkinen and went ahead after the seventh shot with 10.6.

Hakkinen caught up with him after the ninth shot, and with one shot to go, the Indian and the Finn were tied at 689.7 points.

There was a hushed silence inside the hall. The suspense was unbearable. It's in such situations that champions show their mettle. And Bindra showed nerves of steel. He fired first, an amazing 10.8 for a total of 700.5. Home favourite and defending champion Zhu Qinan shot a 10.5 and Hakkinen simply withered under pressure, managing only 9.7. Bindra finally smiled, but barely.

He turned back and went up to hug his Swiss coach Gaby Buehlmann, with whom he trained for months in Germany, away from the intrusive home media. After the medals' ceremony, Bindra was mobbed by journalists, several of them from Finland and China.

"How does it feel Mr
Bindra?" "Hard to describe it... it's the thrill of my life," he said, still looking calm as a monk. "The final shot was perfect. I just went for it. I was aggressive. It went my way. I'm lucky," he added in a matter-of-fact tone.

Will this not change his life? "My life will go on. I hope it changes the face of Olympic sports in the country," he said.

This is the fifth individual Olympic medal for India. Khashaba Dadasaheb Jadhav won the first, a bronze in wrestling at the Helsinki Games in 1952. After a long gap, Leander Paes won the tennis bronze in Atlanta Games in 1996. Then, Karnam Malleswari won a weightlifting bronze in 2000 in Sydney and Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore raised the bar, winning a silver in Athens in 2004.

Rathore, who was practising for his event that is scheduled for Tuesday, watched it on TV in the players' lounge in the trap section. "My congratulations to Abhinav. He has raised the bar further. I always maintained that this is a world-class shooting team. There will be some hits and some misses."

LOGANIZE!! ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ClubLogan.com
Logan_loverinDelhi
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer

Male
Number of posts : 360
City, Country : New Delhi, India
LOGAN Model : 1.6GLX
ClubLogan Points : 135
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: ADHINAV BINDRA WINS INDIAS 1ST EVER INDIVIDUAL GOLD   Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:31 pm

one rare occasion you can be truly proud of being an Indian.. unlike the cacophony after a silly T20 victory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1680
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: ADHINAV BINDRA WINS INDIAS 1ST EVER INDIVIDUAL GOLD   Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:52 am

Seriously, When i heard OUR National Anthem play, I was Super Proud... But at the same time, i was frrling so low that more than a billion people and 1 Gold Medal in 108 Years Shocked Shocked
Wat D F_ _ K have we been doing Guys What a Face
Neways, Better Late than Never Laughing

LOGANIZE!! ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ClubLogan.com
ashutosh

Male
Number of posts : 471
City, Country : NOIDA
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLE
ClubLogan Points : 40
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: ADHINAV BINDRA WINS INDIAS 1ST EVER INDIVIDUAL GOLD   Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:32 am

What amazed me was the way Bindra was reacting.. all calm and composed!

About the people to medal ratio! I know it sucks. But we will have to answer this ourselves. How many of us want our kids to become a professional hockey player, footballer, badminton player or.. ahem a shooter! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer

Male
Number of posts : 380
City, Country : Kolkata
LOGAN Model : Logan GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 152
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: ADHINAV BINDRA WINS INDIAS 1ST EVER INDIVIDUAL GOLD   Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:53 pm

Quote :
What amazed me was the way Bindra was reacting.. all calm and composed!

Shooters are a different breed ... Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADHINAV BINDRA WINS INDIAS 1ST EVER INDIVIDUAL GOLD   

Back to top Go down

ADHINAV BINDRA WINS INDIAS 1ST EVER INDIVIDUAL GOLD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1