ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Immobilizer got activated
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

» Oil smell from A/C vents and Clutch change
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 4:38 pm by zapping

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_lcap20%gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_lcap19%gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_lcap18%gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_lcap10%gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_lcap20%gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_lcap3%gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_lcap4%gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_lcap3%gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_lcap0%gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_lcapgear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Voting_bargear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_lcapgear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Voting_bargear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
sensor boot logan petrol Starting verito coolant clutch front axle alternator radiator belt fuel price pump engine BRAKE manual diesel Plug filter sound suspension light gear
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear

Go down 
+4
tomlai
martin245
Kislay
excess
8 posters
AuthorMessage
excess
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
excess

Male
Number of posts : 8
City, Country : Mumbai
LOGAN Model : 1.6 GLS
ClubLogan Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-11

gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Empty
PostSubject: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 4:16 am

Just got my Logan 1.6 GLS delivered a week back. Amazing performance, except issues with Gears. Most prominent is changing from 5th to 4th gear. Just cannot get it done! If i try forcibaly, it takes to me 2nd gear. However, i have no issues in changing from 5th to 3rd or from 3rd to 4th gear.

Do you think it could be an issue with my gearbox, or there is something wrong that i am doing? I face no such issues with my Dad's Esteem.
Back to top Go down
Kislay
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 33
City, Country : Gurgaon
LOGAN Model : DLS 1.5
ClubLogan Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Hi,
I have 1.5 DLS and initially I also faced the same issue in gear shift from 5th to 4th.
However now this issue is resolved automatically, I guess this is just initial problem and it gets resolved automatically once we become use to with Logan's gear shift.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 12:41 pm

My wife has this problem ! All you do is take it out of 5th and it falls into position ready to be pulled back you do not need to PUT it into position try this use your 4 fingers and just pull back letting the gear find its own place (dont grab the top ove rthe gearstick)
sTu
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male
Number of posts : 380
City, Country : Kolkata
LOGAN Model : Logan GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 152
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Twice it happened that when I shifted down from 5th quickly, it went from 5th to REVERSE! The gear shifter didnt get enough time to be in line with the 4th gear!
Back to top Go down
Kislay
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 33
City, Country : Gurgaon
LOGAN Model : DLS 1.5
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:21 pm

martin245 wrote:
try this use your 4 fingers and just pull back letting the gear find its own place (dont grab the top ove rthe gearstick)
sTu

Agree with STU's advice, unknowingly I am doing the same. Probably thats why the problem got resolved automatically.
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male
Number of posts : 1680
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:23 pm

I have a DLS too but havent had any such problem. Dunno how it can be a problem if going to 3rd isnt cause both will be done frm neutral!! Many people make a mistake of assuming that thr 4th is below the 5th gear position but actually it is below the 3rd.
Hope u getting what i mean.
gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Gear_l10

Check this, it may help. Not exactly this though helpful
http://blogs.superstreetonline.com/1005468/miscellaneous/shifting-gears-a-good-technique/index.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.ClubLogan.com
excess
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
excess

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 7:03 pm

Kislay wrote:
Hi,
I have 1.5 DLS and initially I also faced the same issue in gear shift from 5th to 4th.
However now this issue is resolved automatically, I guess this is just initial problem and it gets resolved automatically once we become use to with Logan's gear shift.

Thanks Kislay, hope thats the case ! Any idea on how long did you take?

sAuMiL wrote:

Many people make a mistake of assuming that thr 4th is below the 5th gear position but actually it is below the 3rd.
Hope u getting what i mean..

Hey Saumil - I am pretty sure that i am doing it right cos i have already been driving an esteem and other vehichles since quite some time. The gear just locks up - just wont move to the 4th one. If i try harder, it goes to 2nd at the cost of the RPM reachin 3.5k +
Even my bro faced the same issue here.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:15 pm

You are trying to pull the lever back
Dont PULL the lever just move it out of gear and it sits in the correct place to pull back into 4th .If you pull it back it trys to go into reverse and sooner or later you will have no teeth left on the gears
Stu
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male
Number of posts : 1680
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Yea,
And BTW by correct place, Martin means NEUTRAL, if the problem still persists as u said your brother tried it too, shw it to teh service center..
Do keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ClubLogan.com
Ashish
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Ashish

Male
Number of posts : 50
City, Country : Hyderabad
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 4:09 pm

Excess the gear box in Maruti is a lil different from the Logan. I had a zen earlier and was facing similar problem. Logan gear shift is actually real smooth. I guess its only abt getting used to it. If not I guess show it to the dealer rite away. Gear box is a very critical component and needs to be up and running.
Back to top Go down
excess
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
excess

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 3:17 am

thanks all for your suggestions Very Happy

I tried as martin said.. n it seems the gear shift is fine... maybe they were just initial hiccups! Glad that the issue got resolved easily.. n spl thanks to every1 out here !

I tried changing from 5th to 4th under various conditions and tried it several times. The gear shift is way too different from maruti... It was all about getting used to a new gal.. perhabs a better version..
Back to top Go down
dk
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
dk

Male
Number of posts : 73
LOGAN Model : Mahindra-Renault Logan / Diamond White DLS 1.5 2007
ClubLogan Points : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:37 pm

i had the problem when i used to shift from 1st to 2nd....
the problem occurs rarely now......
Back to top Go down
sachinp
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
sachinp

Male
Number of posts : 35
City, Country : Pune, India
LOGAN Model : Verito D6 2012 Refresh
ClubLogan Points : 41
Registration date : 2012-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:06 pm

I had this trouble during my first few days with the Verito. I owned a Maruti800 before this and was not used to 5 gears. In the maruti whenever I needed to downshift from 3 to 2, i would exert a pressure both downward and to the left so as to push it in the second position. I was using the same method on the Verito to shift from 5 to 4. This caused me to get into 2 directly from 5, at times. After some experience I realized that only the downward push is required and not the push towards left. It automatically finds its place. Once you have realized this, it is very easy.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 2:20 pm

My god dont you guys read your handbooks ! ? You can cause some serious damage with a 5th to 2nd Gear change !!!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
sachinp
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
sachinp

Male
Number of posts : 35
City, Country : Pune, India
LOGAN Model : Verito D6 2012 Refresh
ClubLogan Points : 41
Registration date : 2012-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:28 pm

Yes. of course. We know that. I as talking about how may previous habit caused me to get into 2nd inadvertently. It was not done intentionally.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 7:29 pm

We had one guy in here who was positive Hid Logan was broken for that reason !What I do not understand is how do your Car salesman Sell cars ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear   gear change - Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble changing from 5th to 4th gear
Page 1 of 1