ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_lcap20%1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_lcap19%1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_lcap18%1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_lcap10%1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_lcap20%1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_lcap3%1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_lcap4%1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_lcap3%1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_lcap0%1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_lcap1.4: Overall Logan experience Voting_bar1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_lcap1.4: Overall Logan experience Voting_bar1.4: Overall Logan experience Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
radiator suspension petrol gear price belt front filter alternator boot sensor verito clutch pump axle Plug BRAKE sound manual coolant logan Starting engine fuel diesel light
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

1.4: Overall Logan experience

Go down 
+11
vsuprak
diwnaras
Mir...
adamkathy23
sAuMiL
tomlai
HITESH
deepak
martin245
ashutosh
Prakash
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Prakash
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Prakash

Male
Number of posts : 42
City, Country : Hyderabad, India
LOGAN Model : 1.4 glx
ClubLogan Points : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-12

1.4: Overall Logan experience Empty
PostSubject: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:50 pm

I have Logan 1.4 GLX 5000 KMS done. In city conditions I get only 7 to 8 KMS/Lit with 100% ac on, pretty disappointed. Gave it for second servicing since 6 months over, so let me see it at all it improves.

There are Pickup is really really bad, totally unacceptable. In the highways it is risky, it couldn’t claim a shopping mall ramp, without use of handbrake. When compared to Santro what I use to drive before the pick of Logan is pathetic.

Steering is hard, when compared to santro and fiesta, it is really hard. Somehow am not comfortable with the position of the steering as well.

Overall am not happy with my decision of buying Logan.

This is truly my experience, with my car.

Can you guys share your expirences?

Back to top Go down
ashutosh
ashutosh

Male
Number of posts : 471
City, Country : NOIDA
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLE
ClubLogan Points : 40
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:04 pm

Hey Prakash! Welcome to the community!

I've a 1.4 and the mileage never drops below 10 even in scorching heat with the A/C full blast. Heck I came from Lucknow to Delhi with 120 on the speedo most of the time, with the A/C on and even then the mileage was 10kpl.
And the pickup is not that bad either, much much better than the santro.

I'll advise you to get the car checked with your dealer specifically on these regards. And if they fail to rectify the problem, contact the Mahindra Customer Care.

True that the driving style does make the FE differ but not with such huge margins.

The steering is hard, but I think the tyres are to be blamed for that. When I changed my tyres, I immediately noticed the lightness in the steering.
Back to top Go down
Prakash
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Prakash

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:47 pm

Ashutosh thanks for your reply.

I gave my car for servicing, so let me check if they can fix the mileage. As you said it may depend on my driving too.

For all my complaints the servicing personal told me that is the default behavior. I was shocked to hear it.

• Told him the steering week is hard, he immediately said that is the default behavior.
• Complained about the hard clutch, he said other cars use hydraulic clutch and Logan uses cables, so it will be hard.
• Engine noise is bit more than other petrol vehicles like santro and fiesta, he replied yes that is how all Logan petrol cars are.
• Told him pickup is unacceptably slow and performs really bad in ghat roads, he replies, we tested it against the new car, so no that is the expected behavior
• Told him some times while applying break it makes sound, he replied that is a common problem in Logans
• Getting some sound when I apply for reverse gear, still waiting for his reply on that
I read lots of good reviews about the car before buying it, every one said VFM. If ever part of the car is problematic like
• Break noise
• Engine noise, above 110 KMS / Hour noise is really high
• Hard Steering
• Tight clutch
• Gear Sound
• Very very low pick up
With the problem being in every part of the car, which is also the default behavior. I personally don’t find anything good about this car.

Due to hard clutch, leg pains after I drive for certain distance, in the driver seat, there is no proper back support as well, so getting discomfort after some distance.

Since this car is selling well in European countries, I expected some minimum quality, but total disappointment.

Am I really missing something?

Last edited by Prakash on Mon May 12, 2008 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Formatted again)
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:07 pm

I just cannot agree with you ! My Logan has power steering
my seat has a lumber support the pick up of the car is very good
and I can keep in with the traffic on the German Autobahns no problem
The Clutch is ok and if you get pains from using the clutch I would say you must be using it a lot affraid How big and how heavy are you
My Brakes make NO noise whatsoever they are ABS and stop the car quite well.I DO have a bit of a problem with reverse but have worked my own way out to rectify this
The noise after 110 kmh is also a SMALL problem jus turn up the radio
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
deepak
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
deepak

Male
Number of posts : 19
City, Country : Bangalore
LOGAN Model : Yet to Buy
ClubLogan Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 12:25 am

I tend to belive in what Prakash said. During my short test drive (of the 1.5 DLX) I felt the same: Hard to press horn, hard clutch, noisy engine (noise and vibration gets into the passenger compartment - much more than Ford Fiesta)...so my fears may become reality ... :-(
Back to top Go down
HITESH
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
HITESH

Male
Number of posts : 460
City, Country : ludhiana,punjab.india.
LOGAN Model : logan dls
ClubLogan Points : 260
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:11 pm

simple bro....

u dont like d ca..dont go against ur mind....

go fr fiesta

Smile
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:19 pm

If you dont buy the Logan I can tell you now !!! you will be missing out on a good bargain ....Go for it man
Stu
Back to top Go down
Prakash
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Prakash

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:53 pm

Hi Martin, my car doesn’t have a ABS or LumberjackL.

But hard steering and other problems, seems to be a common problem in Logan, that is what the servicing guy to me.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:11 pm

If you have power Steering (have you??) then your steering should be nice and light
check your tire pressures!!
I have just changed back to my summer tires last month and i did not even feel any difference (In Germany we have two sets of tires )Winter and Summer
And if the service guy tells you that is normal then YOU ask HIM if HE is normal !!! Tell him that The same car with the name Dacia is doing great in Europe ok a couple of VERY small problems like noise
or Plastic stuff inside but this is what we have paid for (We could have bought BMW)
Get to your garage and demand the BOSS and not the worker
Stu
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:16 pm

I need a logan handbook in English !!!! Pdf will also do
Back to top Go down
Prakash
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Prakash

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:25 pm

Hi Martin, thanks for your reply.

I have power steering, but still it is not smooth.

Pick up is something totally unacceptable for me. I had drove a small car called Santro, the pickup is not even comparable to that.

Not sure, how your so satisfied with the pickup? is it just my perception? What does other drivers feel about it.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:44 pm

My pick up is great !! I change gear at 2000 rpm and run up to about 3500 (depending how I want to drive ) you will not over rev your car because it is controlled by the ECU so use the gaspedel a bit dont be frightened about putting your foot down and you will not make a lot of difference to your fuel consumption
Get out there and enjoy your LOGAN it will go great if you let it do so
have a look here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIxzfKuL71g&feature=related
and like I said dont treat the gas pedal like a lady !! treat it like a Beast
Stu
Back to top Go down
ashutosh
ashutosh

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Or it may be the foot mat problem. in the conversion from LHD (left Hand Drive) to RHD, Mahindra Renault did a major goofup. There is a design flaw. If you look closely (and this is for the Indian version), the foot mat obstructs the accelerator pedal in depressing fully. I keep the foot mat at half length.
I'll advise you to check on it first.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 11:26 pm

Yes that would give you a problem you should buy a set of mats from a local supermaket on special offer
Stu
Back to top Go down
deepak
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
deepak

Male
Number of posts : 19
City, Country : Bangalore
LOGAN Model : Yet to Buy
ClubLogan Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:07 am

HITESH HANDA wrote:
simple bro....

u dont like d ca..dont go against ur mind....

go fr fiesta

Smile

I haven't given up yet... I have been driving a Wagon R and never driven a diesel...so thsi coudl be one reason for the biased(?) view. I am tryign to make sure I knwo what I am getting into...and cross check that my bservations are correct or not and ...the final decision is still pending :-)
Back to top Go down
HITESH
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
HITESH

Male
Number of posts : 460
City, Country : ludhiana,punjab.india.
LOGAN Model : logan dls
ClubLogan Points : 260
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:45 pm

brother i dnt knw about logan petrol

i too have a santro and it is indeed a very good car

i have a diesel logan whoes pickup is good

yea steering is hard ...have told d ppl also few times...........but wat can they also do if dey also dnt knw wat to do
company shud cum ahead and do smthing

rest car is goood
Back to top Go down
tomlai
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
tomlai

Male
Number of posts : 380
City, Country : Kolkata
LOGAN Model : Logan GLE 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 152
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 1:17 pm

Have moved up from a WagonR to Logan GLE 1.4 .... initially the car felt underpowered, this was due to two factors, A) the new engine needed to be nursed initially B) Gear shifting was slightly different.

Now after having driven the 1.5GLE Petrol for 2700kms I can surely say that the pickup is comparable to any other car. I am ALWAYS able to get out of a traffic red light from 0kmph to 60kmph better than other cars and be ahead of the pack.

This is not because I am putting the pedal to the mat. I am still never going above 2800rpm EVER (even at maximum acceleration). Quick and accurate gear changing is the most important thing. I am in 4th Gear within 10 to 15 seconds of starting.

As for the power steering, it is just a little stiffer than a Santro or WagonR, but not all that much. I have come to like the feel of this power steering.
WagonR had an electrical assist, its feel was different. I actually like the way a Logan likes to maintain a straight line over rough roads ... better than other cars I have driven which drift a bit.
Back to top Go down
Prakash
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Prakash

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 1:46 pm

My car returned from service, the steering feels much better than what it is use to be before, fixed the accelerator pedal too, previously it was so depressed (that may be one of the reason that I was feeling that it was much underpowered), now it is positioned in such a way that am feeling comfortable. The servicing guy charged 0Rs. But it came with a huge price of spilling of Oils spil over the seat and door plastics, able to clean the doors, but oil strains are permanently there. L

Now question to Mahindra, why can’t they fix the accelerator pedal and steering during the manufacturing itself.

One thing I totally agree with you is the car doesn’t drift at all, even on a very high speed on bumpy roads too.

Just wanted to clarify one thing, every one said the suspension is too good. But I don’t feel the same, I felt more comfortable Honda city and Fiesta. Is there an issue with my car or is it expected behavior?
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male
Number of posts : 1680
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:33 pm

deepak wrote:
I tend to belive in what Prakash said. During my short test drive (of the 1.5 DLX) I felt the same: Hard to press horn, hard clutch, noisy engine (noise and vibration gets into the passenger compartment - much more than Ford Fiesta)...so my fears may become reality ... :-(

For those who think the horn is hard to press, please refer the pic. If u press the right spots, you wont feel it hard! I've circled it with red!
1.4: Overall Logan experience Img_0215
Back to top Go down
http://www.ClubLogan.com
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Aah my horn is on the light switch and in the middle of my stearing wheel is my airbag !!! Dont you have airbags ?
stU
Back to top Go down
ashutosh
ashutosh

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 2:56 pm

martin245 wrote:
Aah my horn is on the light switch and in the middle of my stearing wheel is my airbag !!! Dont you have airbags ?
stU

Stu,
When it comes to safety, the Indian auto industry is still in a nascent stage. The Government, the car companies and the buyers are all ignorant on active safety equipments on the cars.

The Government is yet to make airbags a mandatory feature in all the cars.

Since there is no pressure from the Government, the car companies do not provide them, hence saving money and keeping the costs lower. And even if they do, they provide them as a luxury. For example, Logan does come with an airbag (only the driver side), but that is only on the most expensve variant. Same goes with many other cars in the Indian market, except the cars for the super rich.

The average Indian car buyer still doesn't know the benefits of airbags, ABS etc. And he's happy that he doesn't have to shell out more money for them.

This is an ongoing debate for many years now, and everyone is waiting for others to react. We, as knowledgable drivers, can only go against the tide and buy the cars which provide such safety equipment.

But then, budget constraints come to the fore and again they are ignored.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 3:17 pm

I am placing a link to Utube and I hope you leave it on .This shows the benefits of the airbag .It is disgusting if your goverment is not interested in the lives of its citizens It is law here in Europe and we are people just like you ! we are not worth anymore than you are are we .You could make a protest on this forum and when you have enough names just post it to your transport minister
Nobody would buy a car now overhere without at least 2 airbags and ABS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA310VRUG5k&feature=related

here is the link it is the German Auto Test for the Dacia Logan Watch that Airbag saving a life The smoke is from the explosive charge in the airbag
.....it recieved a 3 star rating which is not bad at all
Stu
Back to top Go down
sAuMiL
Admin
Admin
sAuMiL

Male
Number of posts : 1680
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : Logan DLE Sahara Beige
ClubLogan Points : 881
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 4:03 pm

You are speaking absolute sense Stuart! But the problem is the pple here are so bloody corrupt that these safety issues are something which the govt. is least bothered about! Anyways, there are some strong signals that in the coming months may be, the airbags will be made a compulsion, not sure about ABS! I wish i had an airbag in my car, dunno why i ignored it Sad
Just to tell you guys, yesterday a friend of mine was driving my maruti 800 which obviously doesnt have airbags, he banged it into a divider @ vikhroli, he broke his jaw, injured his abdomen so badly, his intestines had to be cut into almost half!! Ribs brokena and wat not! The OPERATION COST ABOUT 2.5LAKHS!! He was lucky to hav been alive! If only he was driving a car with airbags, he would have escaped with minor scratches or not even that!!He is an assistant Director and has done films like TAXI 9211,HEY BABY! and is shooting ALLADIN with Amitabh and Riteish Deshmukh, and was travelling for the shoot!!
Similarly, i lost my aunt in a car accident couple of years ago in a road accident, if only tat Scorpio had Airbags, she'd hav been with us today!!
I am not trying to scare anyone, its just the plain truth!! IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUYING A NEW CAR, PLEASE CONSIDER BUYING 1 WITH AIRBAGS, GOD FORBID, BUT IF UR CAR DOES MEET WITH AN ACCIDENT, THE COST YOU'LL HAVE TO PAY WILL BE MUCH MORE THAN THE 80,000-1,00,000 THAT YOU MAY HAVE TO PAY FOR AIRBAGS VERSION!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ClubLogan.com
ashutosh
ashutosh

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:11 am

One idea is, that atleast Mahindra Renault can imply, to offer Airbags, ABS, EBD as an 'option pack' at an extra cost. And that option pack should be available on any variant. Say, even if I want the plain jane 1.4 GL variant, but want airbags, I can go for the option pack.
Back to top Go down
Prakash
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
Prakash

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 4:38 pm

ashutosh wrote:
One idea is, that atleast Mahindra Renault can imply, to offer Airbags, ABS, EBD as an 'option pack' at an extra cost. And that option pack should be available on any variant. Say, even if I want the plain jane 1.4 GL variant, but want airbags, I can go for the option pack.

Is someone from Mahindra looking into this forum and listening to us? This a great feedback tool for them, which is available for them for free and painless. So to keepup their, market someone from mahindra should look into this forums and provide appropriate replies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1.4: Overall Logan experience   1.4: Overall Logan experience Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1.4: Overall Logan experience
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next