ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Still having Logan
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 pm by nayandeep

» Immobilizer got activated
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_lcap20%gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_lcap19%gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_lcap18%gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_lcap10%gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_lcap20%gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_lcap3%gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_lcap4%gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_lcap3%gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_lcap0%gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_lcapgear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Voting_bargear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_lcapgear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Voting_bargear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
alternator Plug fuel logan axle coolant pump engine diesel Starting filter front gear light belt radiator boot petrol sound clutch suspension manual price verito sensor BRAKE
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

5 gear has broken and axl boot

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
swati
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
swati

Female
Number of posts : 2
City, Country : india
LOGAN Model : GLX 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 4
Registration date : 2014-08-01

gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Empty
PostSubject: 5 gear has broken and axl boot   gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 11:34 am

My Logan is a 2008 model-glx1.4, petrol done about 70000kms
was on way to Mathura yday, when it started making a terrible sound.
Called the onroad service, n they said  that we should tow it back immediately.
Got it towed to the service station in Sector 2, Noida, n was told that the 5th gear has cracked n repair would cost approx. Rs.35000/-
My question:-

1. can it not be repaired instead of changed
2. how do we know that it is the gear box and no other issue?
3. If yes, can anyone suggest a good car mechanic
4. Does a gear box really cost 35k???

Would appreciate any and every know how that can be shared
Swati

Last edited by swati on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: 5 gear has broken and axl boot   gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 5:48 pm

I have never heard of a Cracked gear ! do they mean the teeth are worn ? when is the noise there ? always when driving or only in 5th gear ? does it make a noise when NOT in gear ? are the other gears OK ..... Is reverse Gear OK ? Did the Man open up the gearbox and inspect the Cogs ?
is the noise like a Whining noise a bit like when you drive fast in reverse gear ?

Sit in a quiet place no radio no blowers with engine running and NO GEAR now press the clutch and listen does it make a noise ? release it and listen is it different do this a few times ! It could be the thrust bearings on the clutch ! CHECK EVERYTHING BEFORE GETTING A GEARBOX 
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
swati
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
swati

Female
Number of posts : 2
City, Country : india
LOGAN Model : GLX 1.4
ClubLogan Points : 4
Registration date : 2014-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 5 gear has broken and axl boot   gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:46 pm

martin245 wrote:
I have never heard of a Cracked gear ! do they mean the teeth are worn ? when is the noise there ? always when driving or only in 5th gear ? does it make a noise when NOT in gear ? are the other gears OK ..... Is reverse Gear OK ? Did the Man open up the gearbox and inspect the Cogs ?
is the noise like a Whining noise a bit like when you drive fast in reverse gear ?

Sit in a quiet place no radio no blowers with engine running and NO GEAR now press the clutch and listen does it make a noise ? release it and listen is it different do this a few times ! It could be the thrust bearings on the clutch ! CHECK EVERYTHING BEFORE GETTING A GEARBOX 

So today after going to the workshop personally, was shown
a broken fork
they said the 5th gear has broken, n will need replacement along with the reverse gear.
they have not opened the gearbox, just taken out the cracked fork n 5th gear
my question
1. does anyone know what are the components in the 5th gear?
2. does the 5th gear assembly box come along with the reverse gear?
3. the axl boot had a tear, so do we need to change the axl as well??
yes, the noise was a sporadic whining noise before it started making a loud spluttering noise, and the 5th gear became free, at which point we took it to the service station
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: 5 gear has broken and axl boot   gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 10:04 pm

SHIT !!!!! Ok the boot i would advise you to renew the boot  because they will have the Gearbox out anyway and its better to do this now than maybe 10000km down the line you should not need the gear replacing it sound like its just the selector If they have not opened the gearbox they cannot remove the 5th Gear it is Impossible here is a gearbox very much like your own 
and no way will the extract a 5th gear and show it to you and i also doubt they can pull out a selector ! It is not you I am doubting it is the Workshop 

http://www.uas-bg.com/meganii/eng/6029A.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf5tQfEBj0M
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: 5 gear has broken and axl boot   gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Why do I bother to answer you Swati ??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 gear has broken and axl boot   gear - 5 gear has broken and axl boot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 gear has broken and axl boot
Page 1 of 1