ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tyre
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:28 pm by zapping

» Oil smell from A/C vents and Clutch change
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:26 pm by zapping

» 2010 Logan MCV Horn Wiring diagram
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:24 pm by zapping

» General information regarding spare parts
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:18 pm by zapping

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:10 am by vineethev

» TIMING BELT REPLACED, PICK UP DEGRADATION
Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:47 pm by mmehra

» Passion and Untiring Efforts
Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:38 pm by martin245

» Which ATF Fluid?
Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:27 pm by mmehra

» Engine stalling in idle and running
Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:31 am by Thomasmathew

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 62 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:20 am
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
20%
 20% [ 130 ]
Mist Silver
19%
 19% [ 123 ]
Fiery Black
18%
 18% [ 119 ]
Sahara Beige
10%
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
20%
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
3%
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
4%
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
3%
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
0%
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
3%
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 662
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245

sAuMiL

vsuprak

Mir...

RajeshNamb

ashutosh

HITESH

nayandeep

tomlai

Logan_loverinDelhi

Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
fuel parts manual price suspension steering Verito lamp timing spare light service cost problem front tyre clutch LOGAN filter gear belt diesel brake Side tyres petrol
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Replacing number plate lamp and cabin lamp with LED bulbs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sidtalgeri
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 70
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLE
ClubLogan Points : 98
Registration date : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Replacing number plate lamp and cabin lamp with LED bulbs.   Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Hello all,

Has anyone tried to change the number plate illumination bulb with a LED bulb? The reason I ask is that by doing so, I thought it would serve the purpose of illuminating the number plate area adequately so as to make you more visible on dark India highways.

This came to my mind recently while driving back from a long road trip where I saw some vehicles which were modified purposely with LED lamps more for show   rather than to serve the purpose that I mentioned. But if we put this to good use It, can be really useful to be spotted in the dark by the vehicles  following you from behind and to mark your presence well in advance. Keeping in  mind you the light needs to be yellow and not white so as to be seen in foggy conditions as well. This is more from a safety point of view that I think of.

Please share your thoughts in case if you have come across with this change, and share the bulb size, from where was it bought   etc etc. as I am really considering going for it.
Same with the cabin lamp, the company provided one is not powerful enough to illuminate the cabin from inside, any led lamps available which only need to be fitted into the existing bulb slot.

Best regards, 
Sid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vsuprak

Male
Number of posts : 1182
City, Country : Bangalore / IND
LOGAN Model : 1.5DLX Fiery Black - 132,000kms (sold)
ClubLogan Points : 1031
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Replacing number plate lamp and cabin lamp with LED bulbs.   Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:28 pm

sidtalgeri wrote:
...Keeping in  mind you the light needs to be yellow and not white so as to be seen in foggy conditions as well. This is more from a safety point of view that I think of....

Any reason why you think that way. It is now an established fact that Yellow light is no better in fog condition compared to standard light colour.

You can get a lot of articles that explain the same. One example is here

Also, please keep in mind the following about additional lights that you install.
1. It is not allowed/approved by the RTO (Applies to LED Block/Patch lights that are oh so popular now). Though cops usually do not bother to check.
2. Luminance of such lamp if not adhered to standard will blind someone else on the road (Even LED's can leave a halo ghost in your eyes if seen from close range)

My opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidtalgeri
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 70
City, Country : Mumbai, India
LOGAN Model : 1.4 GLE
ClubLogan Points : 98
Registration date : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Replacing number plate lamp and cabin lamp with LED bulbs.   Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:13 pm

Vsuprak, thanks for your post, yes I agree that the LED are indeed very bright and can cast a halo effect on the eyes of other driver. That being said , i am not considering the idea any more, making it dangerous to other motorist is a strict no. 

Rather I would go in for reflecting stickers used by trucks on their back to be seen in the dark.

Some how I felt, felt yellow light pierced though the fog better as the white light reflected back, any way...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chetan T
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!

Male
Number of posts : 95
City, Country : pune
LOGAN Model : 1.4 glx 2008
ClubLogan Points : 109
Registration date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Replacing number plate lamp and cabin lamp with LED bulbs.   Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:47 pm

I changed stock bulbs to Led's ...at cabin lamp ,Rear Name plate & front parking lamps....only front are bought from amazon ..others are assembled by me...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacing number plate lamp and cabin lamp with LED bulbs.   

Back to top Go down

Replacing number plate lamp and cabin lamp with LED bulbs.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1