ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
ClubLogan now available on Mobile. Go to ClubLogan.com/forum from your mobile to try.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's Largest Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Club

ClubLogan.comHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ClubLogan on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Immobilizer got activated
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2023 9:26 pm by eskaysingh

» Adjusting the headlight
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 am by ggokula

» Clutch Cable issue
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm by vs30512

» Dacia/Logan/Verito Diesel 1.5 DCI On Board Diagnostics (OBD)
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am by MyCoolLogan

» Coolant Temperature Alarm
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am by MyCoolLogan

» Timing belt broke mahindra logan 1.4 glx
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am by zapping

» Rubber Boot of Left Front Axle
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm by zapping

» What Colour is your Logan?
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm by zombie

» Oil smell from A/C vents and Clutch change
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 4:38 pm by zapping

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 pm
Poll
What colour is your Logan?
Toreador Red
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_lcap20%Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_rcap
 20% [ 131 ]
Mist Silver
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_lcap19%Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_rcap
 19% [ 124 ]
Fiery Black
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_lcap18%Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_rcap
 18% [ 120 ]
Sahara Beige
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_lcap10%Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_rcap
 10% [ 69 ]
Diamond White
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_lcap20%Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_rcap
 20% [ 132 ]
Green
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_lcap3%Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Mystique Purple
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_lcap4%Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_rcap
 4% [ 25 ]
Java Brown
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_lcap3%Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_rcap
 3% [ 22 ]
Mocha Green
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_lcap0%Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_rcap
 0% [ 3 ]
Rocky Beige
 3% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 665
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ClubLogan.com - Mahindra Renault Logan/Verito Forum on your social bookmarking website
Top posters
martin245
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_lcapFront Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Voting_barFront Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_rcap 
sAuMiL
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_lcapFront Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Voting_barFront Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Vote_rcap 
vsuprak
Mir...
RajeshNamb
ashutosh
HITESH
nayandeep
tomlai
Logan_loverinDelhi
Clublogan @ Indiblogger
Keywords
boot petrol front gear diesel belt filter verito BRAKE fuel price light engine sensor logan suspension sound Plug radiator clutch alternator axle coolant manual pump Starting
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shankarhn
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
shankarhn

Male
Number of posts : 5
City, Country : Bangalore, India
LOGAN Model : 1.6 GLS
ClubLogan Points : 9
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Empty
PostSubject: Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem   Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:53 pm

Evil or Very Mad This is a rubber housing that can crack and give way. Repeatedly the service centres do not bother to check this during service. When it cracks, the transmission oil starts to leak slowly while stationary and rapidly while on long run. This may lead  gearbox seizure involving costly replacement in the range of Rs.70,000 to 80,000, while the boot itself costs Rs. 2000.

As a normal user, one cannot make out the leak when the vehicle is stationary, as the oil drips slowly and onto the baffle plate without reaching ground.

This design feature may be good for European roads. But given Indian road conditions, this is a bad design. This should make the service centre pay special attention to this problem. Service centres do not check this at all.

Recently, I heard a peculiar whining sound from the gearbox when in 3rd gear. I suspected oil leak and took it to the service centre. My fears were confirmed, The drive shaft boot had cracked and gear box, fortunately had some oil left in it.

I am very happy with the ride, handling and comfort. M%M have to attend to this major problem instead of just making cosmetic changes by way of Verito. Imagine the plight of long distance traveller like me, who has made 14 round trips between Pune and Bangalore. I realise a fuel economy of 17 kms to a litre on this car. Once in May 2011, I have gone through gear box replacement in Kolhapur as the gear box seized near Kolhapur on highway. In this case, apart from gearbox replacement during warranty period, I had to spend additional Rs. 35,ooo for hotel stay, flight to Bangalore from Pune etc,

Request M&M to take this feedback seriously. and help customers.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
Number of posts : 2502
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write
LOGAN Model : DACIA LOGAN 14mpi Lauriette Simply Red
ClubLogan Points : 2090
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem   Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 8:56 pm

I don't know where you get your information but the rubber boot ripping has nothing to do with transmission OIL The boot just keeps the grease in it  to grease the flexible joints
! Then BEHIND the boot on the Gearbox side is a Oil Seal which hardly ever will need replacing Like I said the hold Grease ! and if ripped the grease will either go up the wheel arch on the wheel side or up the side of the engine on the gearbox side
look at this film ! Not A Logan but its a car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni3A8LwiW3Q
Back to top Go down
http://www.bo-frost.co.uk
shankarhn
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
shankarhn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem   Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 10:48 pm

martin245 wrote:
I don't know where you get your information but the rubber boot ripping has nothing to do with transmission OIL The boot just keeps the grease in it  to grease the flexible joints
! Then BEHIND the boot on the Gearbox side is a Oil Seal which hardly ever will need replacing Like I said the hold Grease ! and if ripped the grease will either go up the wheel arch on the wheel side or up the side of the engine on the gearbox side
look at this film ! Not A Logan but its a car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni3A8LwiW3Q

Martin,

This has happened to my Logan 1.6 GLS twice. I have seen the oil leak at the gear box end of the shaft. My authorised service centre tells me that they repair about 5 cases a month with this problem. This is true of Logan and I cannot say the same of other cars. None of the other makes of front wheels drive cars I had ever have this kind of problem. I am not sure if you are referring to Logan when in your example. Your description must be for some other front wheel drive car.
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male
City, Country : Karlsbad Spielberg Germany Some do not like the way I answer posts .but if you read between the lines you will see sense in what I write

PostSubject: Re: Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem   Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 11:45 pm

Are you saying the Oil seal has gone or the Boot ?
I have been driving a Logan now since 2006

and here is a OIL SEAL which fits into the gearbox ! they hardly ever go wrong it looks LIKE this
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem HqdefaultKGrHqNHJC8E8fZ1QMlFBPIFront Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Planetara_abs_stanga_logan_
but you will not see it untill the whole drive shaft has been removed but you can check it by looking behind the boot for oil and NOT Grease
Back to top Go down
shankarhn
Newbie Loganizer!
Newbie Loganizer!
shankarhn

Male

PostSubject: Martin, thanks for your efforts. The picture you have posted   Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 12:18 am

MartinThank you for your efforts. This is how my drive shaft looks. When viewed from the driver side, it is the left one. I see this happen second time and both the times I have been given the same explanation by different authorised service centres. May be when the boot tears the oil seal also gives way due to the muck that gets in. I am delighted the way you are interacting. I will be happy to get to the root cause and resolve this issue. I got my vehicle towards the end of Nov 2008 and I have so far done 80,000 kms and mine is a petrol vehicle 1.6 GLS. I believe that the drive shaft part does not change between Diesel and petrol versions.martin245 wrote:
Are you saying the Oil seal has gone or the Boot ?
I have been driving a Logan now since 2006

and here is a OIL SEAL which fits into the gearbox ! they hardly ever go wrong it looks LIKE this
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem HqdefaultKGrHqNHJC8E8fZ1QMlFBPIFront Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Planetara_abs_stanga_logan_
but you will not see it untill the whole drive shaft has been removed but you can check it by looking behind the boot for oil and NOT Grease
Back to top Go down
martin245
Super Loganizer
Super Loganizer
martin245

Male

PostSubject: Re: Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem   Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 12:39 am

A big problem with the rubber boot is that Indian rats seem to like eating them !!! We also have a animal here in Europe that also eats rubber !
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Kfz3

And here is the little rascal 
Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Marder-im-autoamsmdb3398531
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem   Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front Drive Shaft Boot Prolem
Page 1 of 1